Congratulations Zaynab!!!

Women worry he won't call then and will stop pursuing them. Please tell them that if this happened you wouldn't have cared. Pretty please.
I wouldn't have cared big sissy :lol: Because I'm so self absorbed, :look: I would think there was something wrong with him :lol: IDC if y'all need to fake it, write it on a post it note or what, but you need to be your number one fan, Confidence trumps pretty. Now if you can swing both, that's great but go with the confidence first.

that story cracks me up every time you tell it. I can't even post most of the advice I got from my paternal grandmother...that lady is 99 yrs worth of pure GAME.
Girl. NINE kids. :lol: Seriously these old gangsta grandmas do not play.

When I got divorced my mom said, well, it's 2016, not 1950 and you only have two kids, so let's see what you got. :lol: This should be easy. I said cool :lol:

I wouldn't have cared big sissy :lol: Because I'm so self absorbed, :look: I would think there was something wrong with him :lol: IDC if y'all need to fake it, write it on a post it note or what, but you need to be your number one fan, Confidence trumps pretty. Now if you can swing both, that's great but go with the confidence first.

This all day. Confidence is number one.

I think men have changed, a bit. But we still hold the power. And I find it interesting most women think men drive the dating, they don't. If you set the standard, they must meet it. I don't need my feminists crew saying I'm blaming women, I'm not.

Example: (Because literally someone inboxed me about dating/texting and here's my reply):

In my post divorce dating, if a guy texted me, I didn't reply. Like not at all, no. If you want to seriously date me, then do so. They were then forced to either 1) stop texting/calling or 2) pick up the phone and have a conversation. I never had one that didn't pick up the phone. The thing is, I also never explained or mentioned why I never replied to any texts, if you set a standard, it stands on it's own. If you have to explain it, then what you're saying is, you don't believe/respect it yourself -then why would he? So, women are like "all he does is text, etc. I want to be called, courted." Well don't reply. Because you hold the power.
Zaynab said to set the muthafriggin STANDARD. My girl! That's why I love you.

A thousand congrats, and much respect. :yep: This is awesome from so many angles.

You know, as we say. These grandmas and mamas are failing. My grandmother had 9 kids by her first husband, she met and married a man with NO kids, then dropped #10 on him. In 1950.
Wait, are you my cousin? :look: Because I always tell this same story about my grandma when single chicks complain that "it's hard out here." If my granny could find a childless man to marry her, buy her a home, and take care of her NINE children (plus the 10th that she had by him), there is no excuse for anyone to be single unless they want to.

I love your mom's attitude about it. :lol:

Wait, are you my cousin? :look: Because I always tell this same story about my grandma when single chicks complain that "it's hard out here." If my granny could find a childless man to marry her, buy her a home, and take care of her NINE children (plus the 10th that she had by him), there is no excuse for anyone to be single unless they want to.

Omg seriously are we related :look: :lol: Or maybe it was the norm for women to choose whoever they wanted? :grouphug:

:lol: Haha not really. I just only told people I wanted to know but no more than maybe 20 people. And probably five of y'all from here that I know. Yes, people who didn't know were/are BIG mad :lol:
Im still waiting for the after party you were supposed to throw down here :angry2::angry2: lol love you sis :2inlove::2inlove:

quite possible. i get similar advice from both of yall :2inlove: you guys are the sisters i never had.

Back