Congratulations Zaynab!!!

No, that is just you being an overachiever. :lol: I'm the Cappiest of Cappies, but that much change at once would cause a literal nervous breakdown in me. :burnup: Just accept that you're special. :lol:

I guess that's weird that I don't like change, since we're a cardinal sign, and my bday is actually New Year's Day...I should be a master of change. Maybe I should take a look at my resistance to that. *light bulb moment*

We don't like change though. Keep in mind Z's also born right on the cusp of Aquarius..those weirdos are down for any and everything :look:

LOL go head granny. :lol: Both my now-husband and my mom's boyfriend said the exact same thing the first time they met my granny: "I see why she had 3 husbands...she knows how to treat a man!" They were enamored with her. She stayed married to the one she had the 10th kid by for over 50 years until her death, but I have no doubt she could've snagged herself a new one at age 91 if necessary. :lol:

It's really about how you make a man FEEL. I cringe when I hear people say, "I didn't know why she's still single! She's beautiful, smart, owns her own business, God-fearing" :blah: None of that matters if she doesn't make a man FEEL like a million bucks when he's in her presence. Some people have that knack naturally, and some (like me) have worked to develop it over time. But it can definitely be learned. Many of our grandmothers were taught that skill from a young age, but many modern women are lost because they were taught that their achievements were enough to attract a man.
People can't get this straight. Men don't care what you 'do'. How you treat them is everything. This is the game my grandmother taught me and my cousins.

We don't like change though. Keep in mind Z's also born right on the cusp of Aquarius..those weirdos are down for any and everything :look:
:lol: I read this thing about Cap/Aquarius cusps and it said we are traditional but carefree. Now you know the Cap in me planned for several months silently to make that step after I was like oh yea sure :lol: Then I was like wtf was I thinking :eek::p

Right?! It's been ten years of free advice and I haven't changed one piece of it :lol:

Right? What's that book you always encouraged us to read? You swore by it!

Congratulations! I was so happy to hear the news, and you make a beautiful bride! I'm happy you both found one another!.

Right? What's that book you always encouraged us to read? You swore by it!

Congratulations! I was so happy to hear the news, and you make a beautiful bride! I'm happy you both found one another!.

Thank you sweetie! You still owe me a lunch date:2inlove:;)

One of my favorite books. It explains the difference between women needing love and men needing respect to show love. If women learn this simple thing, it's a game changer. They will over love, over worship you. :yep:

http://shaunti.com/book/for-women-only-2/

One of my favorite books. It explains the difference between women needing love and men needing respect to show love. If women learn this simple thing, it's a game changer. They will over love, over worship you. :yep:

Yes! :yep: I've had this book for years since you first made the recommendation. Very insightful.
If someone is willing to create an online link I can send them the .pdf copy so others can access the book. I hope this is allowed :look: Please do not quote. Thanks

Last edited:

I skimmed it over the years and only fully read the chapter about keeping up your looks and men needing you to look your best so they can feel proud to show you off. Steve Harvey touched on this a little bit in his books. I think he said something to the effect of: when a dude has a great looking chick on his arm, it makes him look more successful than he might be. It makes other people (especially other men) wonder what does he do to be able to get a woman like that?

Lesson: the way you look, dress and generally keep yourself up tells the world how successful your man is. Make him look good!

I downloaded the book. I'll start really listening to it later today.

I skimmed it over the years and only fully read the chapter about keeping up your looks and men needing you to look your best so they can feel proud to show you off. Steve Harvey touched on this a little bit in his books. I think he said something to the effect of: when a dude has a great looking chick on his arm, it makes him look more successful than he might be. It makes other people (especially other men) wonder what does he do to be able to get a woman like that?

Lesson: the way you look, dress and generally keep yourself up tells the world how successful your man is. Make him look good!

Where did you download it from ?

If that ain't Cap behavior...My mother is a Cap, takes her months to buy anything over $100.
:lachen::lachen: Bwahaha that is so me. :lol: Overly cautious to the point of absurdity.

But when it comes to bigger ticket items, I'm all

giphy.gif

Hmmm, this seems like it might be a compliment to Queens Code. Has anyone read both? Are they basically saying the same thing?

My mother's an Aquarius. She snaps her fingers and men show up. And then, when she's done, she tells them to go away. :lol:

What @Zaynab pulled off here was really a feat of the cusp. The Capricorn urge for stability fulfilled with Aquarian lightning strike precision and speed. It's really very interesting astrologically.

LOL go head granny. :lol: Both my now-husband and my mom's boyfriend said the exact same thing the first time they met my granny: "I see why she had 3 husbands...she knows how to treat a man!" They were enamored with her. She stayed married to the one she had the 10th kid by for over 50 years until her death, but I have no doubt she could've snagged herself a new one at age 91 if necessary. :lol:

It's really about how you make a man FEEL. I cringe when I hear people say, "I didn't know why she's still single! She's beautiful, smart, owns her own business, God-fearing" :blah: None of that matters if she doesn't make a man FEEL like a million bucks when he's in her presence. Some people have that knack naturally, and some (like me) have worked to develop it over time. But it can definitely be learned. Many of our grandmothers were taught that skill from a young age, but many modern women are lost because they were taught that their achievements were enough to attract a man.

You know what? I see the way my new DH mom caters to her husband and I admire it but maybe instead of just admiring I need to emulate. He is clearly the King in the castle although I personally don't see why, but maybe it's not about him, maybe it's about her. Not sure if this makes any sense but I'll be watching and emulating.

My mother's an Aquarius. She snaps her fingers and men show up. And then, when she's done, she tells them to go away. :lol:

What @Zaynab pulled off here was really a feat of the cusp. The Capricorn urge for stability fulfilled with Aquarian lightning strike precision and speed. It's really very interesting astrologically.
I love how you broke that down. Because that's exactly how it was! I need to read up on Cap/Aq cusps, I usually just go with one or the other.

This is very true.

Back