Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

Hey ladies. Where do y'all get the marshmallow root tea from? I was hoping to find bags but I don't know what sites/brands to trust.

At the very least I like the term LOCO better:lachen:

I buy my marshmallow from the local health store in loose leaf.

Saturday did overnight pre with herbal green tea cream,washed with keracare,rinsed with SD wheat Germ,Used SD Moca Dc 1hr,Spritz roots with HV Red tea,Applied curl junkie Hibicus leave-in,used Kyras mango hair butter cream on ends,sealed with Rice bran oil..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
I was in Publix yesterday and totally forgot to look for oolong. :nono: I've been hitting up my Claudie's tea hard. I have even mixed Claudie's in my daily hydrating spritz which includes water, conditioner, tea.

Nix08, I do the LOCO also.

Last weekend my puerto rican salon-owner neighbor with type 1-2 hair asked to try the tea rinse.

I gave her my oolong, nettle, and burdock w/sunflower and grapeseed oils mixed in. She used it as a pre-poo before her Wen cowash.

WOW! Killed her frizzies. It was glossy and bouncy. She said she didn't need to add her regular serums after. She was floored and wants more.

Works for everyone!

Tea under my simple dc. Tea, coffee and oil rinsed. Left in tea and avj.

Currently brewing some amla for tomorrow.

I'm here to join. I know it's the end of the year, but I'm going to be using Amla and Brahmi powders made into a tea rinse until I can read through the thread to find a few teas to help with breakage (midstrand) and shedding. Normally I'm in a sew in for the winter months, but wanted to just wear my hair so I'm going to try to combat both issues with the help of this thread. Thanks for the invite @IDareT'sHair!

Last edited:
phyl73 welcome ... get a brewing

my base tea mix is burdock root/marshmallow/rose hips

then I will add different things like hibiscus, horsetail, nettle, rosemary etc depending on what Im feeling for

Well that hair teaz video introduced me to tea rinsing so I'll be joining. I won't be doing anything fancy, just spritzing regular black tea on my roots and the parts of my twists where you can see my hair. I'm working on retention this year and I'm hoping this will get me past this rut and on to bsl

my base tea mix is burdock root/marshmallow/rose hips

SimJam I'm going to do this.:yep:

When is the next challenge?? I am late for this one...

Imoan Welcome:grin:

Well that hair teaz video introduced me to tea rinsing so I'll be joining. I won't be doing anything fancy, just spritzing regular black tea on my roots and the parts of my twists where you can see my hair. I'm working on retention this year and I'm hoping this will get me past this rut and on to bsl

Foxglove Welcome:yep:

You Ladies might as well finish out 2012. Glad to have you both.

During the Thanksgiving holiday, I made a tea consisting of: marshmallow root, slipper elm bark, hibiscus, calendula, mullein leaf, burdock root, peppermint, and lavender. My hair is the softest it has ever been so this is definitely a staple for me. With the cooler weather approaching, I am looking to make the tea creamy and will check youtube videos for formulation ideas.

Back