Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

Cornrows in so I've been "greasing" my scalp with my GTHC. Also used my Coco creme LI and Claudies Q&C to moisturize before I put them in. Its wigging time until february.

Also, if anyone would like to bag up and sell some of these delicious mixes I would gladly buy it! I love my Njoi herbal rinse but y'all got me feeling adventurous!

Have you guys used the Oolong yet? The effect is amazing. So after using it last Saturday, I went ahead with Wash Day Wednesday and from beginning to end I lost maybe 20 shed hairs. That stuff is like crack. I'm using it again on Sunday and I wanna (read: have ta) get more. :blush: :look: :yep: :grin:

I'm not one to say I told you so, but...HA! I think this is the holy tea grail for anti-shedding rinses! Plus...it leaves ya soooo soft!

Gonna take down my crochet braids and do a nice rinse and DC with my oo-oo-ooo-loooong this weekend then re-install.

Every take-down after 2-3 weeks I expect a comb full of shed hairs. But my oolong braid spray has me hardly shedding any at all. It's really kind of freak-ish. I almost worried last time!

Bajanmum DarkJoy Nix08

I can't wait for my Oolong to arrive. I meant to buy this some time ago after reading that Oolong thread.

I'm excited everyone is having such great results with this Tea. Imma pop that box open as soon as it gets here!:lick:

Thanks Tea-Heads:lol:

I'm on the tea train. I think I will do the black tea rinse with my DC, my black tea made my hair a little hard when I did it after the DC. I need to check the brand of black tea that I have, I think it's English Mornings, or something like that.

I would like to try that oolong tea but I HAVE to start using up products that I have, I can't throw away any more money! :look:

Sent from my iPad 3 using LHCF

I haven't been able to really do these bc I don't have a set day to wash my hair. By the time I realize that I need tea, it's too late. I have to make a schedule and stick to it.

daviine said:
I haven't been able to really do these bc I don't have a set day to wash my hair. By the time I realize that I need tea, it's too late. I have to make a schedule and stick to it.

Do you wash weekly? Even if you don't have a set wash day, have a set day to brew your tea. I usually do it on Sunday when Im cooking dinner It will last about a week in the fridge (at least) and you will have it ready when you need it.

jprayze Great Advice.:grin:

I brew mine right after I use it for the next wash day. I do my Hair x2 per week, so the next batch is steeping right after I use the current one.

So, it's always ret-to-go, and I don't even hafta' think about it.

Bajanmum My Oolong is in da' House!:woot:

Bajanmum said:
Have you guys used the Oolong yet? The effect is amazing. So after using it last Saturday, I went ahead with Wash Day Wednesday and from beginning to end I lost maybe 20 shed hairs. That stuff is like crack. I'm using it again on Sunday and I wanna (read: have ta) get more. :blush: :look: :yep: :grin:

All these posts about oolong! You know I have to try it!!!

Black tea rinse under my DC for 45 minutes. I had my hair in conrows for a week. By the time i cornrow my hair back for the week, i lost less hair than what i used to shed daily before tea rinse came into my life. Now i am all itching to try oolong:yep:. Y'all were right the first time so, i am ready to step my tea rinse game up.
Now is oolong tea available in stores or just online? And what is a good brand if that even matters? TIA.

AtlantaJJ

So, are you just using "black" or do you have a few other Teas you've been using?:lick:

IDareT'sHair I must confess..:look: I did my first black tea rinse in a looooong time last week.

I have a cabinet FULL of teas. Alvita Nettle, Horsetail Grass, hibiscus, Saw Palmetto, Chamomile, Rosemary Leaf, Sarsaparilla to name a few. I just haven't been rinsing with them or even drinking them. I am working on getting out of self imposed ruts for 2013 which includes using things that I have already purchased faithfully.

Last week I rinsed with black tea and horsetail, and it really did help stall my shedding after wash time and all this week!! I have been sleeping on this for no good reason.

Tea experts, I am doing a henna tonight, which teas should I be brewing right now for my rinse after the henna?

ETA: I mixed my henna batch with hibiscus tea and hibiscus petal powder.

I know I need to read this entire thread, and I will, but right now I need some Cliff Notes :lol:

How long should I be steeping my tea, and what would be a good after henna mix in general?

Last edited:
I am so thankful that I finally paid attention to this thread. This thread and some of its spin-offs is an answered prayer. I have DHT issues, why did it take me so long to figure out that the coffee tea rinses would help me externally? I have been tackling the issue internally with with a good bit of success but the coffee/tea rinses plus the Ayurveda teas are going to get my thickness back. I'm over here about to :cry: and :dance7:

I have to read through here and figure out how to make a coffee oil.

I'm wondering could I mix coffee, brahmi, and bhringraj into an oil together. I'm not sure if coffee would upset the Ayurvedic balance of the mix. Any suggestions? TIA

I tried the oolong last week after hearing about it here. I've had it in my cabinet for like a year with nothing to do with it. The effects were amazing but I think I used it too cold. I will try again tonight with oolong, horsetail, marshmallow, burdock and nettle. Next I want to buy some burdock and chamomile :)

Back