Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

For the last two weeks I have been mixing my coffee and tea together and it has been going really well this way.

Not really sure if there will be a change in the results I am seeing so I will keep watch for that. The one thing I do know is that it is saving me some time.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
Its really time to do up a new batch. Think I will prepoo with it and do a midweek cowash. Its about time to henna as well...

Still loving tea rinses but now have started to experiment with incorporating ayurvedic tea rinses (brahmi, fenugreek, maka, hibiscus) in my regimen. I alternate each other week with traditional tea rinses (moisture and shine) and ayurvedic (conditioning & strength). This seems to be working well cause my shedding and breakage is next to nil now. Yahoo!! ...retention here I come. Sidenote - I also tried doing an ayurevedic paste one time and my hair hated it (made my hair dry as hay) but for some reason finicky hair loved the ayurvedic rinses. Go figure --anyone know why this would be the case?

hair4today

I hope someone can answer your question about the paste and dryness. I have the same issue. Absolutely can't handle the ayurvedic pastes but the rinses are heaven!!!

Lawd it's so HOT I decided to come home and cowash! It will be 3x this week.

So, I'll remember to use my Coffee tonight (after I steam) and I'll use Claudie Tea Rinse and It's Perfectly Natural's Tea-Lightful Shine Pomade later.

hair4today

I hope someone can answer your question about the paste and dryness. I have the same issue. Absolutely can't handle the ayurvedic pastes but the rinses are heaven!!!

hair4today Hi..Maybe you should try mixing a moisturizing dc with your paste/or add 1tbl of oil..See what happens..

*When I added conditioner to my mix the dryness went away & the results was fabulous...

*If that doesn't work..Just use it as a tea..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Glad y'all mentioned ayuvedic rinsesn. Been flirting with this idea for a cpl weeks.

I would think if the pastes are made with something acidic that would be the problem. Henna can be like that too if you don't follow with moisture dc.

Lita thanks for the suggestion to mix the ayur herbs with a moisturizing conditioner. I added a few diff oils to that paste and it didn't seem to make a difference with the dryness...maybe conditioner plus oils might do the trick.

Glad y'all mentioned ayuvedic rinsesn. Been flirting with this idea for a cpl weeks.

I would think if the pastes are made with something acidic that would be the problem. Henna can be like that too if you don't follow with moisture dc.
DarkJoy, I followed the ayurvedic paste with a moisturizing DC and it took quite a few of these treatments before my hair returned to normal. It was scary actually how dry it was. Thinking back, I think I mixed the ayur herbs with hibiscus tea...is hibiscus considered an acidic herb?

hair4today, you maybe mixing too much powder and not enough condtioner. Lita gave you good advice on conditioners. The powders are very potent you don't need alot to get results 1/2 tsp-2tbps is what i used. I make mostly teas and still keep the same measurements.

Sitting with IPN TeaLightful Shine pomade all over. I'll wash later on, using Claudie's Tea under my DC, finishing with HV pH Rinse. I'll use IPN Tea spritz as part of my leave in.

hair4today, you maybe mixing too much powder and not enough condtioner. Lita gave you good advice on conditioners. The powders are very potent you don't need alot to get results 1/2 tsp-2tbps is what i used. I make mostly teas and still keep the same measurements.
@Thanks Ltown. I used 1 tbls with each of the 4 ayur herb...yup much to much based on your guidance.

Did a tea rinse with green tea and rosemary. I need to re-stock, I am getting low! I've also noticed I love the feeling of tea on my scalp-it's soothing! :yep:

hair4today

hair4today

choctaw Lita and Ltown should be able to answer this question for you.:yep:

I mix ayurvedic powders with moisturizing teas like fenugreek to avoid dryness. I just mixed up an ayurvedic dc with powders, oil and conditioner.
I used:

2 teaspoons fenugreek powder
2 teaspoons neem powder
4 teaspoons castor/soybean oil blend
50 pumps Joico Body Luxe conditioner

I will apply this to hair, cover with plastic cap and let it marinate. I rinse out the dc with water and follow with shampoo, then conditioner.

Honey is another good moisturizing ingredient to add to ayurvedic paste or gloss.

HTH

Made my spritz the other day. Last night dry flat twisted and spritzed on top then sealed. No more wet manipulation for me!

I couldn't find my IPN Tea spritz so I just did used Shi Naturals Tea under my DC and used Claudie's Tea under my leave in. Excellent, as always.

Spritz with some Camille rose curl refresher,Camille rose moisture butter,Camille rose almond Jai twist on top..little rice bran on ends..IPN tea pomade on scalp..

*Sophia k Essentials style Gelly on edges-it contains green tea..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Shampoo'd and followed with a rinse of black tea and acv. DCing on top of the tea rinse. I need to try to incorporate more teas in my regi. Might try out ShiNatural tea spritz.

Did a prepoo/hot/steam with coffee pomade. Then spritzed my hair with my coffee/tea mix. I have some Mocha Silk Infusion on my hair now.

Getting ready for tomorrow's Wash Day.:grin:

Will use my Cup of Dark Roast I brought home from Panera.
Home-made Tea Blend
ACV Rinse

And probably Hairveda's Red Tea Hair Creme after Drying.

Back