Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

Yesterday was wash day. Forgot to pre-poo with my tea spritz. After washing with my shampoo masque and conditioning masque I spritzed with burdock, nettle, glycerin then sealed with my new shea, coco, and mango butter cream mix. Twisted. Looks good and bouncy today!

I pulled my Hair Trigger back out.:blush:....:nono:

Lawd...I can't leave that stuff alone (and it has black tea).:lick:

I also used some of my Home-made Coffee Oil. It has EVOO & EVCO so it has Solidifed, but it instantly melts on contact.

Feels feels really good too.:yep:

OMG! Stumbled across a natural shampoo bar made with nettle & coconut oil!!! It is SO on!:clapping:

Will this count for the challenge? lol. I haven't shampooed since I henna'd last month. Will see what this does. If not, should work fine on DD's hair. Her's is thick and not as fragile as mine...:drunk:

Been spritzing daily with Claudie's Tea Rinse. My hair feels so sift and silky.My hair has always been soft but never silky so this something new.

My hair seems to shed less when I use herbal tea vs. black tea. Is that possible? Has anyone experienced this?

When I used black tea I noticed no difference.

faithVA said:
My hair seems to shed less when I use herbal tea vs. black tea. Is that possible? Has anyone experienced this?

Will let you know. Started earl grey and nettle this morning since I ran out of burdock.

Rinsed 2 days ago with a mix of very warm coffee, honey & lemon green tea, and black tea. Massaged into scalp and left on for a few mins under a plastic cap. Love using the coffee (this was my first time), but despite following the rinse with conditioner, bf said my hair smells like coffee! Lol

I have used black tea, green tea, lavender and chamomile flowers (dried), star anise, dried rosemary, thyme, and dried sage, ginger root, and any other good dried herb i can find to make my own herbal tea since early 2011 (also add Ayurvedic powders), & there has been a great improvement with hair n scalp health, as well as a huge decrease in shedding.

Last edited:
Was thinking of doing a tea rinse today...but I'm gonna henna, so perhaps I'll save it for Monday. I will be doing an ACV rinse for sure.

@faithVA

I haven't had shedding with either (Herbal or Black Tea).

My hair still shed severely with the black tea which is why I wasn't feeling it. But I have used the herbal tea the last 2 washes and its a major difference. I will keep going with the herbal tea to see.

If the herbal tea continues to work I will just switch over to herbal teas. I think I will switch over to herbal teas in my henna as well.

faithVA

Yeah, if something/anything was causing me to "Shed" severely, I'd hafta' drop it like a Bad Habit.:lol:

I cannot endure/afford any more Set-backs (so I know what you mean).:nono:

I really enjoy my Growth Blend as well as the Black Tea and have good results with both.

Now I wish I had some Green Tea Bags to add to my Growth Blend. For that extra DHT Block/Removal.

I pick up a box of Green Tea when I'm at the Grocery Store.:look:

faithVA, it just may not work for you, use herbal teas if that work. One thing i found being on lhcf what work for many might not work for one. I have use so many thing others raved about and swore that nothing wrong could happen i have the scars from some bad reactions. Use what works and make you happy!

Ltown

Nicely Put Ltown. I totally Agree. :yep:

Especially, if you have the potential to have reactions/setbacks.:yep:

Lawd knows I can't deal with another one.:nono: :nono:

faithVA said:

faithVA been using the earl grey spritz with nettle for the past few day. Washed yesterday.

Twice as much shed in both wash and condition detangling!

No more black teas for me. Good thing I found burdock at the store yesterday. Whew!

I've noticed that green tea and tea blends work better for my hair than black tea faithVA. I will be drinking the remaining black tea I still have left.

Running behind and losing all track of time but will be spritzing with my coffee/tea spritz combo topped off by my dc in a bit.

@faithVA

Yeah, if something/anything was causing me to "Shed" severely, I'd hafta' drop it like a Bad Habit.:lol:

I cannot endure/afford any more Set-backs (so I know what you mean).:nono:

I really enjoy my Growth Blend as well as the Black Tea and have good results with both.

Now I wish I had some Green Tea Bags to add to my Growth Blend. For that extra DHT Block/Removal.

I pick up a box of Green Tea when I'm at the Grocery Store.:look:

The black tea doesn't cause me to shed. I am just a heavy shedder normally. I don't notice any difference using the black tea.

I used herbal tea just to see if the more alkaline tea would open my cuticles. It was purely a fluke. I will keep using the herbal tea and see if I am really noticing a decrease in shedding or if it was just a fluke.

@faithVA been using the earl grey spritz with nettle for the past few day. Washed yesterday.

Twice as much shed in both wash and condition detangling!

No more black teas for me. Good thing I found burdock at the store yesterday. Whew!

Thanks that is good to know.

I've noticed that green tea and tea blends work better for my hair than black tea @faithVA. I will be drinking the remaining black tea I still have left.

Thanks Aggie. I am going to continue to test out the herbal teas I have. I bought a box of Nice Tea from Walgreen :nono: That stuff is going in the trash :lol: It's not worth drinking.

Back