Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

Scalp Pre poo coffee pomade,Washed with keracare sulfate free poo, Marie Dean Peach/honey & syrup Dc 45min,Bear fruit desert leave in,Java bean balm,sealed with Rice bran oil...HairTrigger on scalp...

Hair is very soft & smells divine...

I'm out of Peach Dc & almost out of Java bean balm...

Happy Hair Growing!

Made my Growth Blend last night and allowed it to Steep & Rest overnight.

Here's what I Brewed:lick::

Horsetail
Nettle
Burdock Root
Saw Palmetto
Rosemary
Yerba Mate
Dried Flowers of *Blue Malva, Hibiscus, Calendua*

Will use it Wash Day (tomorrow) with a Coffee Rinse and an ACV Final Rinse

Dangit! Out of burdock. Still have tea left over in the fridge, tho.

Yesterday was wash day.

-pre-pooed with coconut oil and my burdock/nettle spritz and let sit for an hour.
-baking soda clarifier
-SM's Purficiation Mask
-DC with Mane n Tail (got so much leftover, so why not?) for an hour
-Tea spritzed again
-sealed with coco/shea/mango butters I melted together
-dried in puffs overnight (too tired to twist)

Tonight will spritz, seal, twist with my new batch of flax gel. Ready for work tomorrow!

Did a yellow dock tea rinse yesterday. Today, I popped by the mall, and got a expresso from William Sonoma, it was so bitter; I did a coffee rinse with it.

I did a black tea rinse yesterday on wash day. I also used my amla/brahmi tea as a leave-in spritz before I started my twists.

Hi ladies, im not in this challenge but have a question. Can I do tea rinses while in braids? (my own hair) if I can do I shampoo after or just water rinse. I have black tea, alma, neem, & brahmi powders. I want to do rinses so bad!!!

Hi ladies, im not in this challenge but have a question. Can I do tea rinses while in braids? (my own hair) if I can do I shampoo after or just water rinse. I have black tea, alma, neem, & brahmi powders. I want to do rinses so bad!!!

Of course you can! Some of us (like me) put it in a spray bottle and use it as a leave-in. :lick: Aint no harm in it.

hair4romheaven said:

I just did one and I'm in cornrows :yep:

I'll be brewing my herbal tea tonight for wash day tomorrow. Not sure what I'll use yet, but will def involve
coffee
nettle
burdock root and
plantain leaves

I might not add anyhthing else to it just yet.

Oh Claudie has listed her tea rinse on her website...checked it out this morning while doing a mock shopping cart :blush:

Rinsed with my tea blend (rooibos, peppermint x2, earl grey, tulsi, and chamomile) and did it as a final rinse. Added leave in sealed and bunned. Took down my bun to seal my ends and my hair is loving this tea rinsing.

IDareT'sHair, gurl thank you for recommending Hairtage Hydrations. Just done oiling my scalp with J of J and I can't get over how creamy and luxurious this butter is. It literally melted into my scalp with no greasy residue. The coffee scent hmmm hmmm delicious. I keep sniffing my hair to get a whiff of Joe. :love:

hair4today

Gurl...Hairitage is the bomb.com I love the:

(In no particular order):lick:

"Sprout"
Jar of Joe
Avocado Clouds
Mango Clouds
Happy Hempy Hair
Coconut Yuzu
Creamy Horsetail
Blueberry & Sage
Aloe & Peach Pomade
Sweet Butter Pomade
Creamy Jojoba w/Argan Oil
Creamy Macadamia Oil
Castor Infusion
Calming Chammomile Scalp Creme
Cocoaloe Hydrator (a Lovely Hair Milk)

Errrthang is lovely. All Of Them.:yep:

I left my Tea (Growth Blend) in and my hair feels wonderful.:yep:

I usually Rinse it out before applying my leave in.

My Blend Consisted of:

Horsetail
Nettle
Burdock Root
Saw Palmetto
Yerba Mate
Rosemary
*dried flowers of Blue Malva, Hibiscus, Calendua and a pinch of Red Clover*

Washing ma hair today. I've got breakage from too much protein...When will I learn that my hair likes protein little and every so often? I'm having to wash twice/week now to limit the damage and soften my strands.

So, clarifying shampoo
herbal tea and coffee rinse
co-wash with ao hsr
heat cap for 15mins
acv rinse
leave in
qb aohc
hair trigger
coffee oil to seal
and baggy for the night

Phew! It shouldn't take me long, I'll start after I pick up the kids from school this evening and before I start dinner :ohwell:

I didn't do this last week. Just didn't feel like going to get the tea.

I need to think this through though. I have low porosity hair so alkaline products will open my cuticle which is what I want to do when DCing. But I know coffee is acidic and probably regular tea is as well. So applying that before my DC is having a counter affect.

So I am going to try doing a herbal tea rinse to see if it opens my cuticles and let the regular tea and coffee rinse go. Herbal teas are more alkaline.

I was wondering why my hair has been feeling drier lately after the tea rinses. I have to be careful not to cause one problem while trying to fix another.

faithVA OMG, I think we are hair twins. Everything you say about your hair, sounds like my hair. I am low porosity, but my hair has been retaining water since I amped up these herbal rinses.

Did one expresso rinse, and it stopped the breakage immediately :happydance:.

@faithVA OMG, I think we are hair twins. Everything you say about your hair, sounds like my hair. I am low porosity, but my hair has been retaining water since I amped up these herbal rinses.

Did one expresso rinse, and it stopped the breakage immediately :happydance:.

That's good to hear. I will definitely try the herbal rinse. I am going to henna soon. I have been using black tea with my henna. But after reading I will need to add some lemon juice to make the tea more alkaline. I will also add heat to open my cuticles more. Hopefully the henna will bond better. Will see what I learn.

Washed my hair with a lovely tea and coffee rinse yesterday. Nettle, hibiscus, plantain leaves, burdock root, marshmallow root, chamomile, catnep, and horsetail went into my mix and some very strong coffee. My hair loved it, and it was so sooooft afterwards. Hardly any shedding either, that's a first for me.

Hair trigger softens all my NG, too. Wow, I'm loving my wash days .

Brought a Couple of Cups of Coffee home from this (black) Coffee Shop.

They were getting ready to brew some "Fresh" and I asked if I could have a couple of cups to go before they pitch it.:look:

So, I'll use one tomorrow and one Tuesday.:lol:

Steaming with a Cup of Columbian Coffee & Moisture Balance Conditioning Creme.

Will possibly leave-in my Growth Tea Blend.

Back