Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

Brownie518

I spritzed today. I wasn't planning on Spritzing this early, but the weather.....Oh My!:grin:

I think I will start out with Teas and throw some HTN Follicle Booster in there somewhere too.:lick:

IDareT'sHair

This weather is something else! Nice, but it makes me uneasy because it's too early for this. As crazy as the weather's been, we could end up with 2 ft of snow next week. :rolleyes: Better not!

I can't wait to start my wash.

I bought five teas to see if this is a challege I can join. I know nothing about tea rinsing so I bought whatever sounded nice smh I bought;
Earl Grey
Chamomile
Rooibos
Peppermint
Tulsi
...I'm going to try this blend tonight. Yep I'm putting it all together. I hope my hair loves it so I can join this challenge.

Massaging in: Hairitage Hydrations "Jar Of Joe" Coffee Hair Creme.

@DayDreamist

Your Blend sounds delicious! Let us know how that works for you.

@IDareT'sHair This blend was as good as it sounded!!

I'm joining this challenge. I am soooooooo impressed. I have never had hair this soft and strong to where i really dont need to m&s. I pre pooed with conditioner, shampooed (scalp only), and since I'm new to all these teas I layered avocado and argan oil on my hair to protect my hair just in case. I did five passes through my hair then without rinsing the tea out I added my DC and left that on for 30min. I'm hooked! I want to try spritzing my scalp with this combo as well because my scalp is very stimulated and tingly. I love tea rinsing.

Both pictures are leave in product free.

Attachments

• 2012-03-15_21-51-31_970.jpg
    2012-03-15_21-51-31_970.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 2012-03-15_21-52-22_280.jpg
    2012-03-15_21-52-22_280.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 14
I bought five teas to see if this is a challege I can join. I know nothing about tea rinsing so I bought whatever sounded nice smh I bought;
Earl Grey
Chamomile
Rooibos
Peppermint
Tulsi
...I'm going to try this blend tonight. Yep I'm putting it all together. I hope my hair loves it so I can join this challenge.

Welcome to the challenge!

Look forward to hearing your results. :yep:

ETA: posted before I saw your results. Congrats! looks nice and soft!

Last edited:
Been spritzing nightly the last few nights.

Was sad my flax gel went bad on me (over 2 weeks old in the fridge). So substituted with the EcoStyler. I know its a rave for most, but my twist outs did not pop like with the flax. It also reverts quickly with the Eco.

On the upside, I think it's time for a light protein treatment! The (almost) nightly spritzing has made my hair VERY moist. Its a nice change since the protein overload incident 2 months ago. It's been like straw until the last cpl weeks or so (henna helped too). Yay! I credit this challenge for bringing moisture back. :) Speaking of, it's that time now...

Thanks ya'll!

You know, strange you should ask this IDareT'sHair because I just realized I changed the tea from a herbal blend to just straight and plain Lipton black tea. I mean that stuff is strooooooooong.

The herbal blend was much milder and left my hair pretty soft too. I have so much of the straight black tea now though so I will just have to use it and/or drink it up. I will make it work.

@Aggie

I use Lipton Black Pearl Tea too. But it has never left me with hard hair.

Maybe it's the Leave-Ins I use that help to soften things up afterwards.

Aggie, maybe you can dilute your teas with water. I don't use straight black tea but when i want to get more out of my teas i put them in a gallon jug with water.

I can't get my nose outta my bottle of Hair Trigger. It's delish!!!:lick:

Vanilla Pound cake scent is ab fab. I don't think I need to tell y'all that i'll be using that in ma hurr tonight with it's black tea and yummy goodness

:lick::lick::lick::lick:

@Aggie, maybe you can dilute your teas with water. I don't use straight black tea but when i want to get more out of my teas i put them in a gallon jug with water.

Thanks Ltown, I will try that.

By the way ladies, I am relaxing my hair this weekend at 15 weeks post and I will be pulling it out a little straighter this time around. The curls are wayyyyyyyyyy too tight for me to manage without ssks.

I am using the last of my yellow dock mix. Going to add catnip to it for next week. Oh and next month my home made coffee oil should be ready. Good times! I have just been letting it soak, but I may see if I can get a tiny crock this week end to slow cook it for a few hours.

My Coffee was still a bit Hot when I got ready to DC, so I couldn't use it underneath my DC'er.:perplexed

So I'll pour it on with my Tea Rinse (before my ACV)

Will massage in Hair Trigger - which contains Black Tea after my hair dries.:grin:

Oiled my scalp with coffee castor oil blend and massaged it in. Sitting under my heat cap for about 30 minutes. My version of a HOT. Will cowash in the morning.

No MN tonight cuz I'm too lazy to mix a new batch.

Am about to spray my burdock/nettle/glycerin spritz, and put in ~7 or 8 large braids for a braidout tomorrow for a family member's bday party. Then it's wash day (finally!). I havent washed in almost two weeks! That's the longest ever. Needs a clarify for sure...

Thanks @Ltown, I will try that.

By the way ladies, I am relaxing my hair this weekend at 15 weeks post and I will be pulling it out a little straighter this time around. The curls are wayyyyyyyyyy too tight for me to manage without ssks.

Aggie I hear you! Been eyeing the creamy crack and thinking, "just a texlax wouldn't hurt!" :look: Personally, I'm in ssk hell right now (been finding them in random spots all week. grrr!)...hangin in nonetheless.

Good luck & Let us know how it goes!:yep:

Wash day.

I forgot to brew my tea for wash day the night before *Yikes*, so I had to forgo that and did an acv rinse instead after my oil rinse. Oh, and I oil rinsed with my coffee oil and it was lovely. It really did smell like a cup of coffee was in my hair!

Massaged my scalp with my lovely Hair trigger as well. It's my fave product at the moment.

Did a black tea rinse earlier before damp detangling and braiding my hair. It's time for me to make or buy another tea spritz. :yep:

Back