Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

made some coffee oil, by adding coffee grounds to sunflower oil.. let it sit for 2 weeks (forgot it was there) and strained it. Applied it overnight, and it gave me "creepy crawly" scalp.. anyone else experience this??

Coffee Rinse with a Strong Cup of Columbian Supreme (Supremo) Coffee

Will do a Growth Tea Rinse with:

*dried Blue Malva Flowers
Horsetail
Nettle
Burdock Root
Saw Palmetto

Nexxus Ensure Acidifying Rinse

Doing the long haul waiting with henna on the hair. I mixed the leaf powder with orange and lemon juices (didn't have enough of either in the house to mix it. lol).

I will rinse this out and follow with Shea Moisture Purification Masque then rinse and my tea spritz and ACV. Rinse again. Wanna make sure all this henna is out. Then flaxseed gel and back into twists for my usual twist out.

I did an overnight with an ACV rinse, and my scalp is still oily. Wonder if there are any other oily naturals, lol.

I'm not oily, but have you tried baking soda on the scalp? It is a good clarifier and removes most of the gunk, even goopy gel build up. Also leaves the hair very soft. It's also great for scalp health (at least mine--as I have dermatitis and eczema). Generally don't flare up for a while when I baking soda...

made some coffee oil, by adding coffee grounds to sunflower oil.. let it sit for 2 weeks (forgot it was there) and strained it. Applied it overnight, and it gave me "creepy crawly" scalp.. anyone else experience this??

I'm gonna try this. That way I won't have to buy anything. I will use Hairveda's Cocasta oil as my base.

@soonergirl I think @faithVA mentioned the 'creepy crawlies'. It might be the Caffeine

@Shay72 Lemme know how your oil turns out. I might make some?:look:

hmm, I don't know about creepy crawly scalp soonergirl. What do you mean? My scalp was sensitive and itchy. But it went away after a few weeks. My scalp feels much better now. I did change the way I was using it. I only used it 2x during the week and then I used it right before I DCd so I could rinse it out. If it started bothering me, I just cut back on the application and waited a day or two extra before reapplying it.

Wish it would have given me the same effect as drinking coffee :lol:

When I was using that Green Tea & Caffeine Pre-Poo Treatment, it said to leave on 2-5 minutes no longer than 5.

And I noticed, if I got busy & left it on say 10-15 minutes, my Scalp was very tender.

So, I tried follow the directions and attributed it to the Caffeine.

My hair growth/retention has just taken off since adding tea rinses to my reggie :yep: I've retained about 3/4 inch since incorporating rinses 2 mths ago which is unusual for me. Typically I see about 1/3 inch per mth. I also love that you can custom blend various teas to suit the needs of your hair. My favorite tea blend thus far has got to be blue malva, hibiscus, nettle, burdock, horsetail and moringa. :lick: Moist, shiny, soft hair guaranteed. I also found a great online supplier for herbs, oils and butters that's relatively inexpensive. Blue Saffire. I recently ordered a 2 oz bag of Blue Malva Flowers for only C$6.80. The quality is superb. It's a Cdn vendor but shipping is reasonable. http://www.saffireblue.ca/herbs_spices/malva_flowers_blue.html

hair4today

Gurl...You got me addicted to those durn Blue Malva Flowers and they are expensive.:lol:

The Seller I found, the packs are teeny-tiny and $2.50 USD, but the shipping is high.:ohwell:

From them I bought:

Blue Malva Flowers $2.50 USD
Hibiscus Flowers $1.00 USD
Calendua Flowers $1.00 USD

But paid $6-7 for Shipping.

Anyway, I love adding them to my Tea Rinse.

I have been sticking to doing my weekly coffee and tea rinses and I am really liking what it is doing for my hair I don't 't know why I didn't try this sooner.

My next scheduled session will be on Sunday. Question: is it the darker and bolder the coffee the better, I just brought a jar of chock full o nuts 100% Arabic New York Blend, Dark, Bold and Intense, was that a good choice?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I'm about to tea rinse with It's Perfectly Natural tea spritz. When I get weave next week I will continue to tea spritz daily but I will switch to Claudies spritz!

faithVA I mean like the itchies from different places on my scalp simultaneously which gave me the creeps...lol!! I couldnt wait to get in the shower and scratch my scalp!

I will definitely be doing some tea/caffeine rinse tomorrow under my DC and I can't wait. I look forward to these Hair spa days now:grin:.

I wanted to give myself a henna treatment tomorrow as well but that is now out the door until next week.

I am wayyyyyyyyy too lazy to even mix my henna right now, let alone apply it:nono:.

Aggie said:
I will definitely be doing some tea/caffeine rinse tomorrow under my DC and I can't wait. I look forward to these Hair spa days now:grin:.

I wanted to give myself a henna treatment tomorrow as well but that is now out the door until next week.

I am wayyyyyyyyy too lazy to even mix my henna right now, let alone apply it:nono:.

Me too!!! I wanted to do it today... It's looking more like tuesday SMH.

Brewing up a Pot of:

Dried Blue Malva Flowers
Burdock Root
Horsetail
Saw Palmetto
Nettle
Yerba Matte *just because I had it just sitting and I notice 1 of Claudie's products has it in there*:look:

Tea. It's steeping now. Will transfer it to a Gallon Jug after it Cools.

Will Coffee/Tea Rinse again on Tuesday.:lick:

I did a black tea/nettle/horsetail tea rinse on my scalp. Spritz the length of my hair with the amla/brahmi/fenugreek/hibiscus/burdock root/marshmallow root tea :lick:. Topped it off with my DC. Now unda ma steama!

I ended up doing my henna today!!! Washed it out, used my tjTTT condish. I went to reach fort coffee/tea/oil rinse and it had fermented!!!!!

:cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

All is not lost, however :). I just detangled with ttNS and used the Marie Dean Coffee and Kokum dc. Went to work with it in a baggy under my wig and people are saying I smell like Ice cream :lol:

Wash Day!

Will do a Tea Rinse with: Black Tea, Horsetail, Nettle, Blue Malva, Saw Palmetto & Burdock Root.:grin:

Will do a Coffee Rinse with a Cup of Millhouse Columbian Supremo Coffee:grin:

Will finish up with a final rinse with ACV Nexxus Ensure:grin:

= CAT

@hair4today

Gurl...You got me addicted to those durn Blue Malva Flowers and they are expensive.:lol:

The Seller I found, the packs are teeny-tiny and $2.50 USD, but the shipping is high.:ohwell:

From them I bought:

Blue Malva Flowers $2.50 USD
Hibiscus Flowers $1.00 USD
Calendua Flowers $1.00 USD

But paid $6-7 for Shipping.

Anyway, I love adding them to my Tea Rinse.

My hair growth/retention has just taken off since adding tea rinses to my reggie :yep: I've retained about 3/4 inch since incorporating rinses 2 mths ago which is unusual for me. Typically I see about 1/3 inch per mth. I also love that you can custom blend various teas to suit the needs of your hair. My favorite tea blend thus far has got to be blue malva, hibiscus, nettle, burdock, horsetail and moringa. :lick: Moist, shiny, soft hair guaranteed. I also found a great online supplier for herbs, oils and butters that's relatively inexpensive. Blue Saffire. I recently ordered a 2 oz bag of Blue Malva Flowers for only C$6.80. The quality is superb. It's a Cdn vendor but shipping is reasonable. http://www.saffireblue.ca/herbs_spices/malva_flowers_blue.html

Hey tea rinsers! IDareT'sHair, shipping is too high for that little mess:lachen: hair4today, I think this place shipping is still too high for tea, I don't want to pay the same prices as my product, I input 2 things in the cart and it came out $14.95 shipping the same price:nono:

Back