Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

That 's my second week of "tea no rinse". My tea smells wonderful (fresh achiote seeds, hibiscus, nettle, green tea, cinnamon, parsley, rosemary, fresh leaves of nonni, rosemary, thyme, Stinging nettle, ...). I put it every day on my scalp, don't rinse it, and I can definitely see great improvement. My scalp can nearly not be seen when my hair is wet !

So I'm still spritzing with coffee nightly and M&S-ing on top.

I applied QB's twisting butter and HV's hydrasillica tea mist and my hair is not as hard as it was.

I'm still trying to work out why it went hard after my tea rinse...My hair acted like it had a protein overload afterwards. Weird, huh? :perplexed

Any ideas will be gratefully received :yep:

Last edited:
I am just wondering... Can I do this while in braids? I use to do coffee rinses last year but have not been consistent with them but everytime i do i shed less hair, so was wondering if i can do that and see how much hair will shed after the 4-5 months i want to keep my braids in...Please let me know
HHG

Just lightly spritzed my hair with my amla/brahmi/fenugreek/hibiscus/burdock root/marshmallow root tea. Will baggy overnight.

Will do a Coffee Rinse tomorrow with Columbian Supremo Black Coffee.

Will do a Tea Rinse with Horsetail, Nettle, Burdock Root & Saw Palmetto.

Will do a ACV (Acidifying Final Rinse) with Nexxus Ensure

Whew that walnut went so well for my hair. But I am going to switch to a nettle blend for a few weeks. Just got some organic free trade coffee, so I am going to try my hand at coffee oil, yeah baby!

My friend hs very kindly flat twisted my hair with twists at the ends. My hair only shed like 30 strands from the whole head. The coffee spritz is def working in that way. Whether it will grow quicker is another matter.

Sprayed my hair with hydrasillica tea mist, sealed with coffee oil. I'll wrap in my silk scarf tonight

Doing CAT's = Coffee, Tea, ACV Rinse's tonight:lick:

Under the Steamer now with Marie Dean's Peach Syrup Deep Conditioner with a Strong Cup of Columbian Supreme underneath.:spinning:

Will rinse and do a Horsetail, Burdock Root, Nettle & Saw Palmetto Rinse and Finish up with Nexxus Acidifying Rinse as my ACV Rinse.

I wanna do the coffee oil. Was going to use it to seal...but then wondered if I'd be going around smelling like a Starbucks stand. :D Maybe I'll do it before washing and see what happens.

Made a new batch of tea spritz for my leave-in. Omitted the honey, added more green tea. Think my hair hated the honey but adores the green tea. Added a tsp of glycerin to replace the honey for moisture. So far, seems to work much better. My twist out is springy and light.

Besides the small comb mishap, I've noticed lots less shed.

I Love Playin' in "Tea":lol:

So...tonight I brewed up: Horsetail, Nettle, Dried Blue Malva Flowers, Burdock Root & Saw Palmetto. *This is my Growth Tea Rinse*

Will let it steep overnight and re-fill my Jug in the morning.

Thinking about alternating weeks. 1 Week Black Tea Rinse & 1 Week Growth Tea Rinse. I do my hair 2x per week.

Gotta give that some more thought.:perplexed

*next on my list to buy....marshmallow root tea*

Last edited:
I Love Playin' in "Tea":lol:

So...tonight I brewed up: Horsetail, Nettle, Dried Blue Malva Flowers, Burdock Root & Saw Palmetto. *This is my Growth Tea Rinse*

OooO! I keep burdock root for liver cleansing. I've seen it mentioned in this thread a few times. What's Burdock do for hair? Less shed? It's in your growth rinse...does it stimulate the scalp?

@IDareT'sHair: OMG Thank you! And it may help with dandruff too? Well, because of you I cooked up a batch and added to my usual mist. hehehe! couldnt wait!

Letting this rinse sit in with the burdock now then gonna rinse it out and seal. Then twist with flax seed gel.

That walnut tea really impressed me, I was using it for my scalp, but my hair, holds water better, and it defined the curl.

Added a yellow dock rinse today. Planning to mix my coffee oil

I used Shi Naturals Tea rinse last night.

This morning, I put some Hairitage Jar of Joe on my scalp. It is so rich and creamy. As strong as the smell is in the jar, I don't smell it once I apply it.

My god, I feel like I haven't been on here in ages. :blush: I've still been spritzing with my tea and I have a tea rinse coming up tomorrow (wash day).

Oiled my scalp with coffee castor oil blend and gave myself a quick, brisk scalp massage. Sitting under my heating cap for 20 minutes. (My version of a HOT). Will then cowash with Nature's Gate Chamomile Conditioner.

Hi everyone,

I spritzed my hair with coffee moisterised with hv hydrasillica tea, and sealed with coffee/castor oil.

I've been admiring everyones herbal tea mixes, and feeling a little green eyed about it (yes, I really think I have a little jealousy problem I have to work on :lol:) so I ordered the following herbs:

*Dried nettle leaves

*Dried burdock root

*Dried horsetail

*Dried fenugreek leaves

*Dried Plantain leaves

*Dried chamomile flowers

*Dried sage leaves

* Dried oregano

That's nuff to be getting on with.

Right now, preparing for henna treatment first thing tomorrow morning: Massaging coconut oil into the scalp. Then spray with burdock (new!), chamomile, nettle, etc rinse. Leaving on for an hour. Then shampoo with an actual shampoo to thoroughly cleanse. No sealing (want that henna to take!).

Today I spritz with my oil/conditioner/water mix and baggied. Thinking about Doug a henna gloss since I'm off tomorrow night.

Eta: the spritz has some coffee and tea in it :drunk:

Back