Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

Spritzed hair with my ayurvedic+herbal tea blend. Dabbed 'fro with some of my hempseed/avocado mix. Will baggy overnight. <-----THIS routine resulted in a soft fluffy fro for the last 3 days, that people apparently had problems keeping their hands out of.:rolleyes:

Side Note: Dear random persons who I only know in passing, plz refrain from touching the 'fro all willy nilly.

Tomorrow is wash day. Looking forward to my tea rinses :grin:

I've been reading about the benefits of tea rinses and decided to get on the bandwagon.

I have tried a black tea rinse for my last two washes, but I can't really say if there is significantly less shedding or not. I'm trying to get my shedding and breakage under control.

I am really hopping that tea rinses work... how many times did y'all tea rinse before seeing the benefits.

This weekend, I made a batch of black and hibiscus tea, and used it to mix my cassia treatment (which I left on for about six hours) and to rinse my hair after shampooing.
Let it dry and then did an overnight DC.

As a note, I skipped my tea rinse last weekend, and my hair was a grumpy shedding mess all of last week, so I won't be doing that again.

Tonight I spritzed my hair with Njoi tea spritz. My only complaint is the packaging. When the bottle gets to about half full it starts ackin up and not wantin to come out lol!

Is everybody in here applying DC over their tea rinses? Maybe I will try it when I steam this weekend. I haven't steamed in lord knows how long!

beautyaddict1913

I've always had that same problem with Njoi's Tea Bottle. I thought it was just *me* :look:

I thought maybe the "spritzer" gets clogged up. (Herbs & All):perplexed

I've always had to either transfer it to another bottle or open it and pour it on which sucks.:nono:

Is everybody in here applying DC over their tea rinses? Maybe I will try it when I steam this weekend. I haven't steamed in lord knows how long!

@beautyaddict1913

I don't.:nono:

I do slap my DC'er over my Coffee (Rinse) tho'.

My Black Tea OR Growth Tea Rinse is my final rinse right before I apply my ACV or acidic rinse.

So I do a Tea Rinse followed by an ACV Rinse at the End.

beautyaddict1913

I've always had that same problem with Njoi's Tea Bottle. I thought it was just *me* :look:

I thought maybe the "spritzer" gets clogged up. (Herbs & All):perplexed

I've always had to either transfer it to another bottle or open it and pour it on which sucks.:nono:

Naw it ain't just you lol. My first bottle did it to so I just transferred the leftover to the it's perfectly natural bottle. I love that bottle! Tonight I poured some in my hands because I didn't want to transfer and it was a hot mess lol!

@beautyaddict1913

I:

Cowash or Cleansing Conditioner
Coffee Rinse/Add DC on Top & Steam
Rinse out DC'er
Tea Rinse (plastic cap leave on 20-30 minutes)
Rinse
ACV Phinsing Rinse OR Nexxus Ensure, Bear Fruit Hair Shine Rinse or Porosity Control as a Final Rinse to Close/Seal Cuticle

Rinse
Apply Leave-In & Dry

Some Coworkers in another Department had gotten a Caraffe of Coffee for a meeting and had at least 1/2 left over.:look:

I meant to bring that home tonight (and forgot) for my Coffee Rinses. I'll try to remember to grab that tomorrow.:blush:

It's a Light Roast (I prefer Dark) for my Rinses, but it's FREE so......:lol:...:drunk:

I may not bring that Coffee home (the more I thought about it).

It's more convenient for me to make by the Cup at Home & call it a day. :look:

Instead of thinking about how long it's gone take me to use up all that durn coffee.:ohwell:

Thanks T and Brownie! So y'all "splashe" the acv over your heads and rinse it out at the end? I wonder if I should start doing that??

That's what I do, beauty. I just pour it over, work it in for a few and rinse. :yep:

beautyaddict1913 Brownie518

Yeah beauty:yep: Exactly what Brownie said.:grin:

See, since I DC w/Heat, I use the ACV as a Final Rinse, to close/seal that cuticle up & lock all that moisture in. Since DC'ing with Heat Opens up the Cuticle/Hair Shaft.

Now: When I say ACV I use it interchangeably for:

Hairveda's ACV Phinising Rinse
Bear Fruit Hair Shine Rinse
Nexxus Ensure Acidifying Conditioning Rinse
Roux Porosity Control

Or similar product.:yep:

Yea I know you and brownie love those phinishing rinses! Does Hairveda's rinse smell good? I'm not tryna smell like a pot of "college greens" with that regular acv lol

Yea I know you and brownie love those phinishing rinses! Does Hairveda's rinse smell good? I'm not tryna smell like a pot of "college greens" with that regular acv lol

Yep.:blush: Collard Greens with a Splash of Herbs.:lol: It doesn't last long.

By the time you rinse it out, you don't smell anything. :look:

It smells like Pumpkin Spices to me. Cloves and Cinnamon and Spiced Apple-y.

What you think Ms. B?

:lol:

Yep.:blush: Collard Greens with a Splash of Herbs.:lol: It doesn't last long.

By the time you rinse it out, you don't smell anything. :look:

It smells like Pumpkin Spices to me. Cloves and Cinnamon and Spiced Apple-y.

What you think Ms. B?

It has an apple spice scent. :yep: Not bad at all. It doesn't stay in your hair at all. And it works really well!!

beauty Nah You Know BJ don't make no Stanky products.:lol:

*gives bj my debit card #*

I also Love, Love, Love BFH's 'discontinued' Shine Rinses.

Those were thebomb.com:lick: The Red Wine & the Green Tea & Apple.:sad:

*to discontinue those was a mistake imo*:nono:

Back