Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

I said I was going to switch over to straight castor oil or a castor oil blend but went back to my coffee castor oil blend. I think its safe to use it 2x a week. So I will use it a day or two after I wash, and then again the day of or the day before wash day.

faithVA

I still want to make this Oil.:grin: That sounds like a good rotation schedule.

still spraying my hair with tea (hibiscus, fenugreek, catnip) and adding a few shots of rosewater, castor oil, HS 14-in-1 after it dries. I rinse hair in shower. This is day 5 and twists are not unraveling the way they usually do ... wonder how long they will last before I look like Sideshow Bob? :look:

... or I just freak out from lack of overnight dc and oil rinses? :lachen:

still spraying my hair with tea (hibiscus, fenugreek, catnip) and adding a few shots of rosewater, castor oil, HS 14-in-1 after it dries. I rinse hair in shower. This is day 5 and twists are not unraveling the way they usually do ... wonder how long they will last before I look like Sideshow Bob? :look:

... or I just freak out from lack of overnight dc and oil rinses? :lachen:

choctaw

This.........:lol:

IDareT'sHair,

I am really surprised that the tea spray and home made juice is keeping Umfufu in check :lachen:

My shower tiles are doing the Wayne's World bow ...

tumblr_ljqcpip62d1qafrh6.gif

5 days with NO ayurvedic pastes, oils, or conditioner followed by bleach bath ...

Did overnight liguid gold & coffee oil,washed,Marie Dean Seaweed & Rice Dc,Rinsed with BF Chocolate Coffee con,BF Desert cream leave-in,Java/Honey balm & Sealed with Argan/Rice bran mix...Hairitage Macadamia butter on ends..Rosemary pomade on edges....

*My hair smeels like sweet coffee... That BF Coffee con makes a great rinse...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

I like that Espresso Hair Creme Bear Fruit Hair had.:lick: I didn't see that anymore.:perplexed

And I also didn't see the Shine Rinses.:ohwell:

That New Site gets on my nerves.:look: It has too much going on. Hard to Navigate.

Ive been slacking due to midterms coming up quickly, however I think I am going to make a tea spray using burdock root tea and aloe vera juice to use on my hair in between washes.

I think I am going to wash my hair tonight and rinse with coffee since this sulfur oil is making my hair smell (& the smell gets more pronounced when I work out). Ive tried diluting my sulfur oil with mega-tek and rosemary EO but it does not seem to work.

Mane_Attraxion

That Sulfur/Mega-Tek Cocktail sounds like a strong concoction. :yep:

How's it working for you?

Hmp.:rolleyes: I might add some of my Pure Caffeine Powder in a little MT mix.

*thanks for the idea*:lol:

@Mane_Attraxion

That Sulfur/Mega-Tek Cocktail sounds like a strong concoction. :yep:

How's it working for you?

Hmp.:rolleyes: I might add some of my Pure Caffeine Powder in a little MT mix.

*thanks for the idea*:lol:

:lol: well I do believe I recieved .75 inches last month from using SEVERAL of my concoctions. I posted a picture of my bang growth in the 12 inches in 12 months thread.

These are my current topical growth aids:

• mega-tek mixture with MN and shark cartilage (mucopolysaccharides)
  • Sulphur mixture: 1.5 teaspoons sublime w/ 8oz oil mixture (Neem oil, sea buckthorn oil, grapeseed oil, extra dark JBCO, coffee infused castor oil, magnesium oil), rosemary and peppermint EO
I am also taking the nioxin recharging tablets and tea rinsing whenever I can

.....I know..... I am doing..way...too...much lol :blush:

Lita

I like that Espresso Hair Creme Bear Fruit Hair had.:lick: I didn't see that anymore.:perplexed

And I also didn't see the Shine Rinses.:ohwell:

That New Site gets on my nerves.:look: It has too much going on. Hard to Navigate.[/QUOTE

IDareT'sHair Yes,the new site can be nerve racking..BF coffee con should be under conditioners,if not send them a pm & BF will email you an invoice...

*I'm really enjoying BF coffee as a rinse & cowash..I haven't tried it as a leave-in,but I will soon...

Happy Hair Growing!

@Lita

Thanks Girl. Imma just wait on Hairitage's Coffee. :lick:

And may, at some point, try b.a.s.k. Java Bean.:yep:

I pulled out my Claudie Coffee Cream too.

Fellow rinsers I am excited to share my latest tea rinse success -- Moringa Tea. I added 1 teabag to my regular tea recipe ( 1 Tazo black teabag, 1 rooibos teabag, 1 oz Shi-naturals growth rinse, 1 oz Shi-naturals black tea rinse) and am so loving the results with the moringa. My black tea rinses have been great, really helping to strengthen and reduce shedding but the major difference I found in adding moringa to the mix is the SHINE. Wow on the :bling:. My hair will have sheen sometimes but it doesn't usually shine in its natural state. I've tried to boost my shine factor with henna glosses and cellophanes/clear glosses and haven't seen much of a difference. Well this latest tea rinse had my hair looking so shiny, smooth and feeling soooo soft. Love It! Its nice to find something that works so well for my hair and is all natural. Big thank you to IDareT'sHair for the moringa mention in an earlier post. Girl I've found a new holy grail.:thankyou:

So I experimented last night by boiling a tea concoction of : ginger, burdock root & saw palmetto... I then added a packet of gelatin to the mix to kind of thicken it.

This morning the result looks like aloe vera gel. This would be good as a protein conditioner or gel I think.

I applied it to my hair and put in 8 twists but I kind of want to see how it would act as a protein tea conditioner...... hmmmmm :)

I have been spritzing twice per day with It's perfectly natural tea spritz or Njoi tea spritz.
I am overdue for a tea rinse and will do one next weekend.

I made a Black Tea Blend tonight with

2 Black Currant Tea Bags
Horsetail (dropper bottle)
Nettle (dropper bottle)

Will let it steep overnight & top off my Gallon Jug.

I think i will stop using its perfectly natural spritz everyday - because of the acv. I think I will only use it for tea rinses but I love the container! It's super easy to get the product out! I am going back to using Njoi spritz daily. This weekend I will go ahead and tea rinse before I detangle.

beautyaddict1913

Shi-Naturals also has a Black Tea Spritz. Have you checked it out? It's 16 ounces. :yep:

I tried mine once and decided I'd better save it for later.:lick:

I hope Claudie comes up with one.

I also told you Hairitage is making a Coffee Creme?:lick:

I need to check out Shi when she has a sale. It looks good! I'm excited about the hairitage coffee creme! Yum is right! I added a moisturizing coffee creme to my Claudies order and can't wait to try it!

Back