Classic to Mid-Thigh Length 2011 Challenge

Thank you ladies. I think after I finish taking pics of my straight hair I'm going to take a break. If I reach longer lengths I will post updates.

Candy828, I can't wait to see your updates. Long hair on tall people looks striking.

Vintagecoilylocks, your hair is so pretty. I like the salt and pepper color.

Thank you ladies. I think after I finish taking pics of my straight hair I'm going to take a break. If I reach longer lengths I will post updates.

@Candy828, I can't wait to see your updates. Long hair on tall people looks striking.

@Vintagecoilylocks, your hair is so pretty. I like the salt and pepper color.

Geez, now I know how Bonnet Girl felt. It just sucks that you're walkin' along doing your thing and mean people have to go and *** everything up. Just makes you wanna cry. Cry on, Bonnet Girl! I'm crying with you....on the inside.:perplexed

You rock CelinaStarr. They'll never win against you.

@Candy828, I can't wait to see your updates. Long hair on tall people looks striking.

@Vintagecoilylocks, your hair is so pretty. I like the salt and pepper color.

I kinda wish I could go to the salon for this momentous occasion... but here in Korea, that is an impossible task.:perplexed So it's just what I can figure out and how I am going to present my hair. I also don't have anyone to take pictures for me. So I am just hoping I can get all of my hair in the pic at one time. I am sure I'll have something figured out by the May update date...

I kinda wish I could go to the salon for this momentous occasion... but here in Korea, that is an impossible task.:perplexed So it's just what I can figure out and how I am going to present my hair. I also don't have anyone to take pictures for me. So I am just hoping I can get all of my hair in the pic at one time. I am sure I'll have something figured out by the May update date...

Candy828 I know you will do well with styling your hair for the update...Don't worry..I don't go to any salon/That is why once or twice a year I have my aunt or cousin trim my ends....

*When I decide to up-date..Do the best I can..Styling myself too!

Happy Hair Growing!

Did a calculation today...I am a tall gal, all legs....:blush: I need 10 inches or so to get from Classic to Mid-thigh....:fistshake: I'll be hanging out here for a while...:meditate::fairy::meditate:

+ Congrats on Classic:yay::party::clap::rosebud::dance7:

Happy you won't be leaving. I have 8 inches from classic to my divine portion or golden measure. Problem is I Have not made it to classic:crying3:

But I will be here cheering you on to greater lengths:yep:

My crown hairs are on the grow and alot of new growth so all the different layers are on the move. Hoping for fuller volume at apl by the end of 2011.:ohwell:

I am experimenting with smaller braids this week . Don't want to have to detangle between CW only day after.

Last edited:
Who's using a sepaate cond for DC not just oil or stuff added to your e
Reg cond and what are you using? TIA

Who's using a sepaate cond for DC not just oil or stuff added to your e
Reg cond and what are you using? TIA

Lucia I use RedKen/add nothing to it...Darcy's pumpkin Cond the same way...great results every time...

Happy Hair growing!

I have a quick question???? When you measure your hair for inches.... do you measure from crown to the hemline or do you measure from forehead to hemline in the back?

I have a quick question???? When you measure your hair for inches.... do you measure from crown to the hemline or do you measure from forehead to hemline in the back?

I measure from my forehead for more accuracy. If I measured from the crown I feel like it's harder to measure from the same exact spot every time.

I have mostly measured the exact length of the hair from scalp to end. I keep track of 4 different area's of my head and I know how long each will have to be to reach a certain body part.

Upper thigh here! I belong in this thread! Subscribed.

:welcome2::thewave: New Subscriber. I am so glad you could join us. I added you to MTL and yes. You are definitely a Princess!

I bestow upon Starr1 the title :knight:: Princess
Welcome Princess Starr1 :grin:

well milk has protein and biotin in it which are both good for hair... plus vit d which a lot of AA women are deficient in because of our skin blocking off a lot of the suns rays

sssoooooo, maybe

Right on target Mz.MoMo....:yep: Confirmation...

http://hairgrowth.tv/connection-between-milk-and-hair-growth/380/
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5712370/milk_hair_growth.html

Added this information for food Keratin source.
http://www.betterhealthmag.com/_webapp_81784/Hair_Do's_(and_don'ts)

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
I drink So Delicious kifer Coconut milk that contains pre & pro biotic....Excellent for the body..I add Acai berry powder to it ....DAILY.

Happy Hair Growing!

I measure from my forehead for more accuracy. If I measured from the crown I feel like it's harder to measure from the same exact spot every time.

I got a confirmation from the Floor Length thread that this is the way they do it.... everyone follows this standard so they are consistent.:waytogo:

Next years thread will read "Classic, Mid-thigh and Knee Length 2012"....
Princess Starr1 might make Mid-Thigh before the end of the year.

I added KL to the first page of this thread just in case....

Happy Hair Growing All
:fairy:

Last edited:
I got a confirmation from the Floor Length thread that this is the way they do it.... everyone follows this standard so they are consistent.:waytogo:

I think, most other long hair sites use that method. The members on this site rarelly report their hair in numbers like the other sites. I keep a log, as recommened by the ILHS. It helps, if any thing to let you keep a good perspective on what is going on with your growth. :yep:
http://http://www.longhair.org/HCP/measuring.htm

Upper thigh here! I belong in this thread! Subscribed.

:woot:
Congrats on the length it's just beyond long this spring is major for lhcf so many ladies reaching superlong lengths it's an amazing blessing

Btw are those your ABS in the siggy pic if so what workout diet regimen are you doing to get those stellar results? TIA

Back