Classic to Mid-Thigh Length 2011 Challenge

I plan on getting my hair straightened and trimmed on Tuesday. I'll post pictures. Nothing's changed with my hair. Everything is still the same.

April 5, 2011:
DSC02970-vi.jpg

^^^^Dry hair that's at least a week old with Giovanni conditioner as leave in.

Sometimes I get really lazy and go for 2 weeks without washing my hair. I don't like walking around with wet hair.

Yesterday I co-washed and de-tangled my hair and let it air dry in three braids instead of my usual one braid. The results: major shrinkage.

April 24, 2011:
DSC02972-vi.jpg

DSC02977-vi.jpg

DSC02978-vi.jpg

So since I'm having a bad hair day today I decided to put it up with hair sticks and it still looks wild, lol:
DSC02980-vi.jpg

DSC02979-vi.jpg

I regret letting my hair dry in three braids. Wearing it in a bun will stretch it out so I'm sure it will look better tomorrow.

Wow, I can't wait to see your pics from Tuesday. Saving my front row seat. :lick:

CelinaStarr
Congratz your hair is def. longer and thicker. Nice pics, I wouldn't mind your shrinkage over mine :lol:
your ponytail is a horsetail and that's just stretched, when you get it straight and officially length check I think you'll be around CL. WOW awe-some! :grin:

@CelinaStarr I agree with Lucia.... when your hair is straightened, I think you'll be Classic, if not you'll be definitely grazing it. You may not see progress but I definitely see progress....Just because it's not a huge progression, you probably didn't notice it. But to those of us who don't look at your hair on a daily basis, we see it very clearly.:yep: Your hair is amazing!:spinning:

I agree with others, CelinaStarr... your hair looks as if it will be classic straightened. Like Candy828 said, take before and after pictures if you trim... we want to see those classic-length lead hairs before they're evened out!

:lol: at the "three-braid shrinkage" ... that is the most shrinkage your hair pictures have shown, yet it is way less shrinkage than most others have. I am always astounded at how much length your hair shows in the curly state.

CelineStarr,

I see alot of growth. You will be classic soon Yeah! i missed other ladies reaching it but now their aare two of you I will get to see. You have been so good to your self and your hair shows it. Congrats. Please let us see before a cut.

CelinaStarr You are CL for sure...Your hair has gotten thicker & longer...Love it! keep growing...Cant wait to see it Tuesday...

Happy Hair Growing!

I lost a little thickness this weekend because I used a pain patch & had a reaction..Itchy skin/hair & a lot of shedding....

*Back on track Now! LIVE & LEARN ABOUT MEDS.....

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
I lost a little thickness this weekend because I used a pain patch & had a reaction..Itchy skin/hair & a lot of shedding....

*Back on track Know! LIVE & LEARN ABOUT MEDS.....

Happy Hair Growing!

I am always afraid if I have to take medication or try a new hair product:cantlook::cold::cantlook:... I hope that your setback isn't too noticeable... and I am glad you are back on track. Here's wishing you a speedy hair recovery! :rosebud::bighug:

*Back on track Know! LIVE & LEARN ABOUT MEDS.....

Happy Hair Growing!

Well I have been there with the meds and the sheds:sad: I hope You can come through it in a short time.

You should be getting close to classic yourself. That will make three ladies i will see get there. J:yep:ust lovin this. I'm so glad to be back. Really needed the company from this thread in particular.

I am always afraid if I have to take medication or try a new hair product:cantlook::cold::cantlook:... I hope that your setback isn't too noticeable... and I am glad you are back on track. Here's wishing you a speedy hair recovery! :rosebud::bighug:

Candy828 Thank you! I'm back on track...The crazy thing is..I DIDN'T FEEL any better I felt worse ..I kept looking at my arm like ...Glad thats over with ....

*I can tell (my hair) is not as thick/but,I'm good.....

Happy Hair Growing!

Well I have been there with the meds and the sheds:sad: I hope You can come through it in a short time.

You should be getting close to classic yourself. That will make three ladies i will see get there. J:yep:ust lovin this. I'm so glad to be back. Really needed the company from this thread in particular.

Vintagecoilylocks Thank You! I'm pulling thru..I normally increase my water intake when I take meds/This time I just wasn't up to it/Well next time/no matter what (extra water intake is a given)..

*Not to far from CL..But,its not full CL...I'm aiming for full CL..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Good morning, ladies!

Yep! Up bright and early, anticipating the show. I got my shades because I know the glory of CelinaStarr hair will be too overwhelming for my unprotected eyes.

So uh, I'm patiently waiting because I know full well you can't rush perfection. :lick:

Vintageoilylocks Thank You! I'm pulling thru..I normally increase my water intake when I take meds/This time I just wasn't up to it/Well next time/no matter what (extra water intake is a given)..

*Not to far from CL..But,its not full CL...I'm aiming for full CL..

Happy Hair Growing!

YEAH:yay::clap: wish I was there:bouncegre:yep: Glad for you:yep:

@CelinaStarr

Question: How do you know your hair is fly? :gorgeous:

Answer: When you have women from different parts of the world, whom you have never met, anxiously waiting :eat: :coffee2: :nervous2: and drooling :lovedrool: :love3: to see pictures of hair.

Raises hand, I am one of your hair stans. :sekret:

Let the pre-party begin.
:club: :hottub: :yay: :clap: :bouncegre :Flahsssss :alcoholic :dance7: :hula: :weird: :band: :cheers: :bdance: :bouncy: :congrats: :circle: :reddancer: :yahoo:

Last edited:
I plan on getting my hair straightened and trimmed on Tuesday. I'll post pictures. Nothing's changed with my hair. Everything is still the same.

April 5, 2011:
DSC02970-vi.jpg

^^^^Dry hair that's at least a week old with Giovanni conditioner as leave in.

Sometimes I get really lazy and go for 2 weeks without washing my hair. I don't like walking around with wet hair.

Yesterday I co-washed and de-tangled my hair and let it air dry in three braids instead of my usual one braid. The results: major shrinkage.

April 24, 2011:
DSC02972-vi.jpg

DSC02977-vi.jpg

DSC02978-vi.jpg

So since I'm having a bad hair day today I decided to put it up with hair sticks and it still looks wild, lol:
DSC02980-vi.jpg

DSC02979-vi.jpg

I regret letting my hair dry in three braids. Wearing it in a bun will stretch it out so I'm sure it will look better tomorrow.

:blush: Celina it has grown! Your hair is so gorgeous :lick:

Wait isn't it Tuesday? *Waits for updates*

CelinaStarr I have officially added you to the MTL club!:grin: Three Classic's in 2011 is more than I hoped for! It is such a blessed day! As I stated in your thread.... We don't have to go hunting for pic's of other people to see what Classic looks like!:waytogo:

Official Length Check is at the End of May..... I will post my pic's at that time.... While I am waiting my turn I'll continue to cherish your pic's!:lick:

I went out this evening and wore my hair in a braid. Here's how it looks this evening after taking it down:

DSC02995-vi.jpg

Here's how the braid looked:

DSC02997-vi.jpg

I have so many hair sticks now. Tomorrow I'll try wearing my straight hair in hair sticks for the first time and I'll post pics. I'm sure my bun will be much smaller.

I am happy that I've had a trim though. Now my hair should be able to retain length faster since the ends are now fresh and stronger.

Back