Classic to Mid-Thigh Length 2011 Challenge

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw someones Avatar and Siggy in the thread where the grand daughter has long thigh length hair..... She is Knee length (You Da Truth).... We actually have a Knee Length LHCF women! I am sooooo happy!:spinning:

I don't know if it's real.... her profile says current length "short & sexy"... so who knows..... I was all excited!:grin:

Anyway, I am going to have to add Floor Length to the next year thread too... No women Left Behind..:lol:

And if she comes out of lurking to join us, I'll add FL now.... glory, glory hallelujah!:grin::lol::grin:

Last edited:
I think I will just stay on this thread. There is too much cutting hair out there on other threads:nono:

Then there's the its got to be blunt to be healthy view.:sad:

And the there's no such thing as lead hairs. It seems they are saying that if you have some hairs longer than other hair than that means all your other hair must have just broke off and you only have a few left over at the long length. I believe that is what the explanation is saying. If that was the case I don't see how any one could get long hair:perplexed

It seems these two theories would have one cutting your hair about every month in a big way.:ohwell:

Candy828, I am glad you have this thread going.

I think I will just stay on this thread. There is too much cutting hair out there on other threads:nono:

And the there's no such thing as lead hairs. It seems they are saying that if you have some hairs longer than other hair than that means all your other hair must have just broke off and you only have a few left over at the long length. I believe that is what the explanation is saying. If that was the case I don't see how any one could get long hair:perplexed

It seems these two theories would have one cutting your hair about every month in a big way.:ohwell:

Thanks!:grin: I guess it is time to post the Cinnamon Hair story again... She is a classic example of growing out thin ends to reach extreme lengths. She is beyond knee length now going for floor length I think... I see her on the beyond knee length threads. On the floor length thread so many women talk about the longer thinner hairs on their journey. It is only when they reach a certain length that they stop and hold to maintain until their hair thickens up. JJJlonghair is on the Floor Length thread and even with her thick hair she is facing thinner hair at her longest length because she is going for floor length. I think she is also at a holding point to thicken up before she continues on.... So don't listen to the chatter out there. Know the facts of what it takes to go for extreme long hair lengths.

Anyway, here is the Cinnamon Hair story:

http://www.beyondclassiclength.com/longhairjourney.html

I'm here for the same reason!! LMFAO :lachen:
I'm planting my butt down right hea till everybody in the other thread throws away their scissors

I cut my hair about 3 times last year trying to get blunt ends... only to find out that my hair just naturally grows in a V no matter how many times I cut it. I also found out that my hair eventually catches up with the lead hairs. I ended up retaining only 3 inches of hair and staying at MBL almost the entire damn year.

I'm not mad at anybody for cutting their hair, but I can't watchit. Just. Can't. :grin:

Last edited:
Ugh.. I almost fainted.
Absolutely beautiful hair!!!!!

DSC02995-vi.jpg

Thanks!:grin: I guess it is time to post the Cinnamon Hair story again... She is a classic example of growing out thin ends to reach extreme lengths. She is beyond knee length now going for floor length I think... I see her on the beyond knee length threads. On the floor length thread so many women talk about the longer thinner hairs on their journey. It is only when they reach a certain length that they stop and hold to maintain until their hair thickens up. JJJlonghair is on the Floor Length thread and even with her thick hair she is facing thinner hair at her longest length because she is going for floor length. I think she is also at a holding point to thicken up before she continues on.... So don't listen to the chatter out there. Know the facts of what it takes to go for extreme long hair lengths.

I'm here for the same reason!! LMFAO :lachen:
I'm planting my butt down right hea till everybody in the other thread throws away their scissors

I cut my hair about 3 times last year trying to get blunt ends... only to find out that my hair just naturally grows in a V no matter how many times I cut it. I also found out that my hair eventually catches up with the lead hairs. I ended up retaining only 3 inches of hair and staying at MBL almost the entire damn year.

I'm not mad at anybody for cutting their hair, but I can't watchit. Just. Can't. :grin:

Ugh.. I almost fainted.
Absolutely beautiful hair!!!!!

DSC02995-vi.jpg

BostonMaria
Me too, TL is so my harigoal

ITA 100%
I'm only dusting when needed then trimming the minimum once I reach each milestone. I haven't cut since my 2nd cut nov 2010 from MBL back to BSL, the 1st cut was in the spring I think from WL back to MBL.

It's that blunt ends are the only healthy ends that count virus going around like the flu. I can't even comment on the chopping that going around I'm so done. Well I'm cured of it, been there done that.

Last edited:
Cinnamon Hair is one of my favorites. I'm happy that the weather is warming up. I look forward to another summer growth spurt and wearing hair sticks.

I've seen this all over the board since I started browsing LHCF. Almost has me scared to even show my hair for fear of someone telling me I need to chop 3 or 4 inches off. I love lurking in here even though I have a ways to go before classic. There's no judgement here :grin:

:callme: Has anyone tried these "Wrap Snap n Go Rollers"? I am thinking about getting my family to send me some. Then try some twist and roll them with these....

Here's a pic...
http://www.pharmacypricer.com/product/Wrap-Snap-Go-Comfort-Hair-Rollers-Leopard-12ea..html

:thankyou:

:fairy:

I tried them years ago and my hair and my daughters hair kept getting caught in the snap. How ever just below on that page you see the black satin foam, they work ok but you could make those your self cheaper. I use a satin covered, well I guess its a wired covered with foam and satin bendable. I can wrap my hair around it then roll my hair up and bend it closed to hold a bun and it has never pulled my hair out. You do have to replace or recover when the satin starts to get old. I have used only those for the last 4 or 5 years.

I tried them years ago and my hair and my daughters hair kept getting caught in the snap. How ever just below on that page you see the black satin foam, they work ok but you could make those your self cheaper. I use a satin covered, well I guess its a wired covered with foam and satin bendable. I can wrap my hair around it then roll my hair up and bend it closed to hold a bun and it has never pulled my hair out. You do have to replace or recover when the satin starts to get old. I have used only those for the last 4 or 5 years.

Thank you so much!:yep: Can you post a pic of the ones you use and where I can get them online?

Those satin covered rollers STILL manage to grab my hair and pull out strands. Somehow the raw sponge on the sides does it. I've covered my own in satin and loosely closed the ends (sewn) so that the closure still works. I use these at the bottom of my Celie or Pocohontas braids.

i purchased more CD prods lol

i figured since they pushed back the india trip i should stock up so that i have ample supply of products until i find good prods in india :D

i'm a hot mess you guys, but at least i know my hair likes it. and i got a good deal by going on HSN... i saved $8 :look: :lol:

Thank you so much!:yep: Can you post a pic of the ones you use and where I can get them online?

These are seven inches long. You can wrap, roll and bend to hold buns or use to curl ends. The wire in side is about the size of a hanger but bendable. then there is padding and the satin cover. I purchased at cvs but will be making my next set as i have not seen them anymore.
hairtwist1829.jpg

hrtw1831.jpg

hairtwist21830.jpg

They are very bendable but they hold what ever shape.

I reallly enjoyed looking at her progress picks. It has really given me hope that I will be able to fill in my volume to full length. MY canopy is the delicate slow poky. Have to be extra extra gental these days.

So given Cinnoman Hair story started in 2002 then she has a 9+++ hair life span. WOW I had not thought about it til now. I think Chicoro is still growing also since about 2002. WOW WOW:drunk:

So given Cinnoman Hair story started in 2002 then she has a 9+++ hair life span. WOW I had not thought about it til now. I think Chicoro is still growing also since about 2002. WOW WOW:drunk:

OK I correct my self. Chicoro has been growing since 2000 and still growing. WOW WOW double WOW.

OK How long have you ladies been on your journey. We have some the very long growth spans amongst us. I believe I am at my end so that means it is about 4-5 years. I reached tailbone. That would be 39.5 inches from hairline

Last edited:
I reallly enjoyed looking at her progress picks. It has really given me hope that I will be able to fill in my volume to full length. MY canopy is the delicate slow poky. Have to be extra extra gental these days.

Yea...my canopy gave me tantrums for quite a while. But I find that if you dust once a month or every other month it will help with the fill in and the growth. When I post a pic later in the month, you can compare the last pic to this one and tell me what you think about the volume and fill in....

wait, what part of the hair is the canopy????

:lol:.... canopy is referring to hair that had been cut into layers.... the longest layer tends to thin out (very fragile). The top layer thickens with new growth. For us trying to grow out layers and gain length at the same time, it is a big challenge. For my head I have finally resolved the issue and I can really notice the difference. I am very happy about that:blush:

I was not laughing at you Mz.MoMo.... I thought the question was kinda cute..:rolleyes:

Last edited:
These are seven inches long. You can wrap, roll and bend to hold buns or use to curl ends. The wire in side is about the size of a hanger but bendable. then there is padding and the satin cover. I purchased at cvs but will be making my next set as i have not seen them anymore.
hairtwist1829.jpg

They are very bendable but they hold what ever shape.

Vintagecoilylocks I found these satin covered wrap rollers.... I think they will do for the ends of my twists. Check out this link. Watch the Video (I liked her review)... Tell me what you think...

http://pelav.com/Hair-Care/Satin-Hair-Rollers/

OK I correct my self. Chicoro has been growing since 2000 and still growing. WOW WOW double WOW.

OK How long have you ladies been on your journey. We have some the very long growth spans amongst us. I believe I am at my end so that means it is about 4-5 years. I reached tailbone. That would be 39.5 inches from hairline

I've been here a while bit I lurked for a year reading and soaking up info before I even started getting my hair right.
I also have had a 2 SHS setbacks 1 I was cut from MBL to BSL then 2nd from MBL to APL I was mad and then last year 1 cutback to a shorter length I did myself for fuller ends because that minor BKT debacle and I got tired of that dang V tail in back. But my hair hasn't stalled once since I got my regimen together and kept up with my ends.

Either I have a really long growth phase or a really short resting shedding phase I'm leaning towards the latter I think it's a couple months then it starts back growing again.
Right now my hairs on the grow.

Last edited:
Chinese Braided Updo (hair stick instructions)

http://www.dressytresses.com/hair/gallery/instruct/china-sticks/

Happy Hair Growing!
:fairy:

Back