Classic to Mid-Thigh Length 2011 Challenge

:wow: I'm in a Mid-thigh challenge! Good luck ladies! It will be a few years for me.

Welcome, glad you came on over. Well it will be a while for me too if ever but just hanging in there now to fill out at tailbone and possible on to Classic. Best wishes in your journey to mid thigh and beyond.

i put streaks in

i'll do a trim at the end of the month with a length check lol

i'll also update with pix of my hair tomorrow once i'm fully awake lol

Can't wait to see the new color. I'm glad I didn't have to go out to Arizona and confiscate your shears. :lol:

here are the streaks on me hair

005.jpg

006-1.jpg
011.jpg

012.jpg

thanks toy :D its the most drastic change in my hair since my early 20's when i used to bleach, relax, and color on a regular basis lmao

Your hair is healthier now and you know how to handle this Very pretty you making me want some streaks.

Hello everyone! My two high ponytails are now brushing HL. That means I should be brushing Classic Length.... so it is not full Classic yet and probably not pretty.... But I am hopeful!:spinning:

Hello everyone! My two high ponytails are now brushing HL. That means I should be brushing Classic Length.... so it is not full Classic yet and probably not pretty.... But I am hopeful!:spinning:

Candy828
:woohoo: classic remember to do an all hair down length pic
Don't worry about it thickening up if you keep taking care of it it
The shorter hairs will catch up some and fill in.

You know I'm still not sure about CL length yet it's still up inth air whether I'll go for it or not I'm sure about HL TL though. I wonder what my hair would look like at CL also I prob have crazy hang time when it's natural

Last edited:
Mz.MoMo5235 I love your highlights! They suit you well and as always your hair is just gorgeous! (and I see you with the nails :lol:)

I love lurking in this thread. Everyone is so inspiring.

Candy828 Congrats! I cant wait to see it/A full hair-shot......You grow Miss CL..Love it!

Happy Hair Growing!

Welcome, glad you came on over. Well it will be a while for me too if ever but just hanging in there now to fill out at tailbone and possible on to Classic. Best wishes in your journey to mid thigh and beyond.

:wave: Are you the person who started the original HL & beyond thread? You were a trailblazer in my eyes & gave me the inspiration to start the HL 2010 thread. I am proud to be in a challenge with you:yep:.

Although the thought of knee length is tempting, I doubt that I would try to grow beyond MTL. I figure w/shrinkage at that length, I would hang at TBL.

:wave: Are you the person who started the original HL & beyond thread? You were a trailblazer in my eyes & gave me the inspiration to start the HL 2010 thread. I am proud to be in a challenge with you:yep:.

Although the thought of knee length is tempting, I doubt that I would try to grow beyond MTL. I figure w/shrinkage at that length, I would hang at TBL.

I am sorry to admit it but yes that was me. I soon had so many abrubt set backs in life and with my hair and of course our delicate fragile hair suffers. But when I came back it was inspiring to see that many of you continued on. I was pleased to see the increase in support and desire to grow hair to the longer lengths.

I lost alot from shedding and let other priorities prevent me from giving my tresses all the attention I knew it needed. But I am truelly a lover of long hair and have put my self back on track.

I am glad yours is doing so well and growing still. I may have reached terminal but now I am working on a reclamation of fullness. I will be patient and care for it gentally and let nature do its thing. Cutting was not a option for me so my thin longer hairs will just have to wait patiently for the company of the new growth to catch up.

It is good to have so many ladies on this journey. The way the supporters are chimming in there will be many more. :yep:

Shrinkage is something we just have to except, mid thigh is the only way I would have even a Classic braid. Thats a week old braid let loose in my siggy and it still does not reach waist. For my self though since I wear the christian head covering it is really for myself and the Lord that I have this hair. For the most part only you ladies here and on TLHC ever really see my hair. :yep:

So I will be a permanent guest on this thread.

Last edited:
Well its April already.

Summer is coming and I was planning my hair care. I stumbled on to braid care by accident. I know others used a total braid regimine i just never tried it. One day in early March I used a prepoo masque. I had my 3 braids in and did not think. Well it dried so stiff I knew I could not take out the braids then. So I proceeded to rinse and then wash while in braids. This was new for me. after final rinse I was so worried about locking I quickly undid the braids to detangle. Well I was surprised to find alot less tangles. So the next wash I did it on purpose and have done it ever since. Last week between poo's I detangled with my new friends my finger combs ( thank you Lita and Candy) and put my hair in 8 braids. When wash day came I was sure all would be the same. It was even better. However, still attached to detangling I proceeded to take the braids out to detangle then waited til almost dry while rolled on my head, (thank you again Lita and Candy). This time I decided to wait until almost dry to take the braids out for detangling and it worked even better. I did leave one braid intact because I am experimenting on whether I really need to detangle each wash. I wash ever 4-6 days. I know sheded hairs could be a problem so I will only skip once.

If this will help me cut back on how much handling I do to my hair and reduce tangles it will be a keeper. Especially with summer coming and the need to sometime poo more often.

Just wanted to share my new experience. Any tips to help will be welcome. I am not braiding tight at the roots and I am using just english style box braids. I may increase the amount of braids next time.

Last edited:
I tried something old that I haven't done on a while I let my hair air dry in 2 braids 1st braided into the second instead of using a turbie twist. Then after the front and sides dried took about 2 hours then put on my satin like bonnet
This morning my braids were still wet but no frizz last night no frizz today Didn't even need gel for my edges yay

Last edited:
Well its April already.

Summer is coming and I was planning my hair care. I stumbled on to braid care by accident. I know others used a total braid regimine i just never tried it. One day in early March I used a prepoo masque. I had my 3 braids in and did not think. Well it dried so stiff I knew I could not take out the braids then. So I proceeded to rinse and then wash while in braids. This was new for me. after final rinse I was so worried about locking I quickly undid the braids to detangle. Well I was surprised to find alot less tangles. So the next wash I did it on purpose and have done it ever since. Last week between poo's I detangled with my new friends my finger combs ( thank you Lita and Candy) and put my hair in 8 braids. When wash day came I was sure all would be the same. It was even better. However, still attached to detangling I proceeded to take the braids out to detangle then waited til almost dry while rolled on my head, (thank you again Lita and Candy). This time I decided to wait until almost dry to take the braids out for detangling and it worked even better. I did leave one braid intact because I am experimenting on whether I really need to detangle each wash. I wash ever 4-6 days. I know sheded hairs could be a problem so I will only skip once.

If this will help me cut back on how much handling I do to my hair and reduce tangles it will be a keeper. Especially with summer coming and the need to sometime poo more often.

Just wanted to share my new experience. Any tips to help will be welcome. I am not braiding tight at the roots and I am using just english style box braids. I may increase the amount of braids next time.

Vintagecoilylocks Hi! I'm glad your hair is improving...What I also do at times with my braids,I add a moisturizer on the ends,length,gently un-braid,finger comb,then use shower comb & I see even less hairs come out....Using a moisturizer or some kind of detangling cream/spray..REALLY WORKS...

*Keep us posted..

Happy Hair Growing!

oooh, you guys are gonna kill me!!!!

i havent been taking care of my ends the way i'm supposed to. i guess i was enjoying my length too much :(

flat ironed... as you see, i didnt gain any length and my ends are thin and ratty

001.jpg

so i chopped some hair :D

003.jpg

and here i am now

006-3.jpg

on the good side, i'm nice and blunt with good ends again. i just have to be careful from here on :(

oooh, you guys are gonna kill me!!!!

i havent been taking care of my ends the way i'm supposed to. i guess i was enjoying my length too much :(

flat ironed... as you see, i didnt gain any length and my ends are thin and ratty

001.jpg

so i chopped some hair :D

003.jpg

and here i am now

006-3.jpg

on the good side, i'm nice and blunt with good ends again. i just have to be careful from here on :(

Mo You and them scissors....Still Gorgeous!!!

I HAD TOO!!! did you see those ends???? they looked terrible! i had to just suck it up, chop em off and start over!!! i had to!!! jesus said so!!!!!! :look:

so it doesnt look like i'll be making tlb or cl this year :(

I am sorry to admit it but yes that was me. I soon had so many abrubt set backs in life and with my hair and of course our delicate fragile hair suffers. But when I came back it was inspiring to see that many of you continued on. I was pleased to see the increase in support and desire to grow hair to the longer lengths.

I lost alot from shedding and let other priorities prevent me from giving my tresses all the attention I knew it needed. But I am truelly a lover of long hair and have put my self back on track.

I am glad yours is doing so well and growing still. I may have reached terminal but now I am working on a reclamation of fullness. I will be patient and care for it gentally and let nature do its thing. Cutting was not a option for me so my thin longer hairs will just have to wait patiently for the company of the new growth to catch up.

It is good to have so many ladies on this journey. The way the supporters are chimming in there will be many more. :yep:

Shrinkage is something we just have to except, mid thigh is the only way I would have even a Classic braid. Thats a week old braid let loose in my siggy and it still does not reach waist. For my self though since I wear the christian head covering it is really for myself and the Lord that I have this hair. For the most part only you ladies here and on TLHC ever really see my hair. :yep:

So I will be a permanent guest on this thread.

Why are you sorry that it was you? I am glad that you are back & like that banded pony in your avatar. I also hope that your real life is on the upswing:yep:

Last edited:
Back