Classic to Mid-Thigh Length 2011 Challenge

@Mz.MoMo, I think it looks nice. Sometimes we get caught up in our length goals and forget to enjoy our hair. You seem to be having fun with your hair and that is what counts. Make sure you put extra moisturizer on the ends or a little oil or butter to protect them. I may do the same next week:sekret:

Mz.MoMo5235
Blunt ends are over-rated, ;). You said you were going to "trim" not "hack off a huge chunk," :lol:.

Seriously though, when your "friend" had cut off your hair, your ends were blunt, and that was what, 1 1/2 years ago? It just seems as if your natural growing shape is a "V" - there doesn't seem to be much damage/splits on the hair you cut off.

Still looks good. :) Your hair does grow relatively fast; I bet you'll be cutting off the "V" tail again in a few months, :lol:.

Last edited:
Mz.MoMo5235
Blunt ends are over-rated, ;). You said you were going to "trim" not "hack off a huge chunk," :lol:.

Seriously though, when your "friend" had cut off your hair, your ends were blunt, and that was what, 1 1/2 years ago? It just seems as if your natural growing shape is a "V" - there doesn't seem to be much damage/splits on the hair you cut off.

Still looks good. :) Your hair does grow relatively fast; I bet you'll be cutting off the "V" tail again in a few months, :lol:.

NNNOOOO!!! i'm hiding my scissors and babying my ends!!!!

lol no more cutting... but now i'll be lucky if i hot hl this yr so i'll have to be a cheerleader here and wait til next year lol

MzMoMo - Nature dealt your hair a natural "V" Shape and you are constantly fighting against it. I agree with yamilee21, I did not see any damaged, split or bent up ends in that hair you cut:nono:. You may have experienced thinner ends but those are lead hairs because you are now growing to new longer lengths. Even though your hair is still pretty, STOP fighting nature.... you will lose ever time unless you want short hair.:lol:

lmfao thanks a lot maria!!!!!

maybe i dont have the patience to have hl and longer hair. maybe i self sabotage. i have no clue lol i have issues

Why are you sorry that it was you? I am glad that you are back & like that banded pony in your avatar. I also hope that your real life is on the upswing:yep:

Oh no. ( my statement was confusing) :blush: I am sorry that it was me who did start but than dropped the ball and fell so far behind on my hair. I never wanted to mislead any one into thinkinig I didn't care anymore. This has been such a life long desire and I just can not believe myself letting go in the midst of trouble. I really get it from my daughters . " What happened mom" they say. Life is still like riding a wave but I have set my priorities and this is one of them.:yep:

I am so happy so many of you continued in your journey. So now I am going to work hard to regrow and gain a healthy hair. I did not realize just how much the support from the website helped to not get discouraged.

That avatar painting is my hair idol. One day I will wear mine just like hers.

MzMoMo - Nature dealt your hair a natural "V" Shape and you are constantly fighting against it. I agree with yamilee21, I did not see any damaged, split or bent up ends in that hair you cut:nono:. You may have experienced thinner ends but those are lead hairs because you are now growing to new longer lengths. Even though your hair is still pretty, STOP fighting nature.... you will lose ever time unless you want short hair.:lol:

Yes what you said!!!!

Candy, when you braid do you braid all the way down to the end hairs or leave it loose. I can not remember which is best. :blush: I am doing multiple little braids now and I am not sure what to do with the end of these tiny braids.
The lead hairs really stand alone in small braids.

Yes what you said!!!!

Candy, when you braid do you braid all the way down to the end hairs or leave it loose. I can not remember which is best. :blush: I am doing multiple little braids now and I am not sure what to do with the end of these tiny braids.
The lead hairs really stand alone in small braids.

I don't braid my hair all the way down to the ends..... This will cause breakage. I only braid halfway down... then apply more leave-in and oil on the braided and un-braided hair.

oooh, you guys are gonna kill me!!!!

i havent been taking care of my ends the way i'm supposed to. i guess i was enjoying my length too much :(

flat ironed... as you see, i didnt gain any length and my ends are thin and ratty

001.jpg

so i chopped some hair :D

003.jpg

and here i am now

006-3.jpg

on the good side, i'm nice and blunt with good ends again. i just have to be careful from here on :(

*STOP IT!

Happy Hair Growing!

so does anyone here use those donut bun maker things???

is our hair too long for these things now? i just dont know how i would use it lmao

so does anyone here use those donut bun maker things???

is our hair too long for these things now? i just dont know how i would use it lmao

I use it, but my hairs not super long yet. I just use a bigger donut than the small size they sell @ the BSS. I made it myself out of clean socks, works great just check YT for tutorials. That's how I learned to make one for myself. Actually JJlonghair uses a BIG OLD homemade donut and her hairs passed KL.

thanks!!! i could just be confused as to how to do it.

like i've seen tuts on it, i just cant figure out where i would put all the ends of my hair lmao

like i've seen tuts on it, i just cant figure out where i would put all the ends of my hair lmao

after you pull your pony through the donut, then fan it around the donut, put a hair band over it then gather the ends twist or braid them and wrap them around the space between the bun and your head and secure it with a bobby pin. THat's what I do with the extra length. HTH

I just wanted to come out of lurkdom and show you this sock bun tutorial. I feel that it helps for those with greater lengths and also gives a fuller bun look than the normal way. One day when my hair's long enough I'll give it a go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I13J7ArHTkM

the important info starts at 4:00 and the pig tail on the left shows the outcome of a normal sock bun as opposed to this other way of doing it.

hth

after you pull your pony through the donut, then fan it around the donut, put a hair band over it then gather the ends twist or braid them and wrap them around the space between the bun and your head and secure it with a bobby pin. THat's what I do with the extra length. HTH

@Lucia

I do the same thing~ I have an old picture in my LHCF Hair Album.

Love reading about everyone's progress.

RZ~

Last edited:
I plan on getting my hair straightened and trimmed on Tuesday. I'll post pictures. Nothing's changed with my hair. Everything is still the same.

April 5, 2011:
DSC02970-vi.jpg

^^^^Dry hair that's at least a week old with Giovanni conditioner as leave in.

Sometimes I get really lazy and go for 2 weeks without washing my hair. I don't like walking around with wet hair.

Yesterday I co-washed and de-tangled my hair and let it air dry in three braids instead of my usual one braid. The results: major shrinkage.

April 24, 2011:
DSC02972-vi.jpg

DSC02977-vi.jpg

DSC02978-vi.jpg

So since I'm having a bad hair day today I decided to put it up with hair sticks and it still looks wild, lol:
DSC02980-vi.jpg

DSC02979-vi.jpg

I regret letting my hair dry in three braids. Wearing it in a bun will stretch it out so I'm sure it will look better tomorrow.

Back