Classic to Mid-Thigh Length 2011 Challenge

Aw, I am glad you all are seeing growth with your hair. I am convinced that mine has reached its length limit. And in a few months, I'll probably have a post-partum mass shedding. Maybe I should shave my head and start all over again, :lol:.

Congrats on reaching Classics door. you should be definate Classic by May. Its such a beautiful length. I will be happy if my canopy made some progress. I put myself on a no measure til May challenge. Its torture.

Yes it's torture...:lol: I had hair touching new parts of my bottom and I just couldn't resist...:lachen:

Aw, I am glad you all are seeing growth with your hair. I am convinced that mine has reached its length limit. And in a few months, I'll probably have a post-partum mass shedding. Maybe I should shave my head and start all over again, :lol:.

I'd say your body is going through changes just like LadyPaniolo had.... don't be discouraged.

yamilee21

I dont think your growing is over with..Our bodies/constantly changing/DO NOT SHAVE YOUR HEAD This will pass

Happy Hair Growing!

Oh don't even joke about that you've made incredible progress.
Maybe to stop post partum shedding continue taking your prenatal vits
And do scalp massages with ayurvedic oils like brahmi, bringaraj etc...

Last edited:
Lucia

KL ..I spend a lot of money on Dc & Sulfate free poo now..

*1L/month Exactly!

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita
:lol: I knew it, I use 1L over 2-3 months depending on how often I CW
or DC. So in the summer if I'm daily CW, I'm buying conditioner every 2 weeks it's ridiculous, cause my hair laughs :lachen: @ the recommended amount quarter sized for your entire hair. Yeah right I section my hair into 2 sections to CW and detangle then I use 2 full handfulls per section now, sometimes 3 handfulls. My hair drinks it up like water.

Last edited:
Lita
:lol: I knew it, I use 1L over 2-3 months depending on how often I CW
or DC. So in the summer if I'm daily CW, I'm buying conditioner every 2 weeks it's ridiculous, cause my hair laughs :lachen: @ the recommended amount quarter sized for your entire hair. Yeah right I section my hair into 2 sections to CW and detangle then I use 2 full handfulls per section now, sometimes 3 handfulls. My hair drinks it up like water.

Lucia To add insult to injuries/My hair doesn't like conditioners like suave & vo5/it laughs at them /So I stick with the other products like KeraCare sulfate free products,Darcy's etc $$$$..

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita
We need a thick hair relief fund :lachen:
ESP for people like you who have to use the expensive products I do ok w suave and Vo5

Last edited:
Lita
We need a thick hair relief fund :lachen:
ESP for people like you who have to use the expensive products I do ok w suave and Vo5

Lucia

RELIEF FUND Exactly! *My hair isn't as thick as it use to be either...Trying to get it back thicker

Happy Hair Growing!

nothing new here... i have some lead hairs touching crackin but they'll be clipped off when i do my trim and i'm also thinking about having some streaks put in.... just to get ready for summer :D

I feel like a new kid on the block. I just found the Donna Mac "The MakeupVirgin" on You tube. 14 video's on growing African american hair long. Everybody here probably knew about her. I just wanted to let you know I am finally caught up. Wow I really have missed alot.:ohwell:
She uses Kamaza products. But also has started to make her own. Thats where I could really relate to her.

Ok I am excited:blush:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes,The MakeUpVirgin has a great youtube page..Been subscribed to her for some time now..
*Very informative.....

Happy Hair Growing!

Tomorrow is the Full Moon/Spring Equinox according to the Lunar Hart Chart. I know I promised Lucia NO snipping or trimming until after my hair update. But I will dust tomorrow to take advantage of the Spring Equinox.:look: In case you don't know, "Every lunar hair cutting date provided on the Lunar Chart is equivalent to 8-16 acupuncture treatments."
Source: https://morroccomethod.com/en/lunar-hair-chart

Tomorrow is the Full Moon/Spring Equinox according to the Lunar Hart Chart. I know I promised Lucia NO snipping or trimming until after my hair update. But I will dust tomorrow to take advantage of the Spring Equinox.:look: In case you don't know, "Every lunar hair cutting date provided on the Lunar Chart is equivalent to 8-16 acupuncture treatments."
Source: https://morroccomethod.com/en/lunar-hair-chart

Do you dust to even up the hemline?

i'm getting really tempted to chop off my hair yall, like a really short pixie. i've wanted one for yrs now but have been scared plus i had all these hair goals to meet and new things to learn

now that i have my reggie down and all i have to do is maintain... i dont, i'm bored i guess and now that the weather is getting warmer i just feel like a change.

originally i was just going to get some streaks put in, but now i'm thinking that wont be enough. i dunno guys :look:

i'm getting really tempted to chop off my hair yall, like a really short pixie. i've wanted one for yrs now but have been scared plus i had all these hair goals to meet and new things to learn

now that i have my reggie down and all i have to do is maintain... i dont, i'm bored i guess and now that the weather is getting warmer i just feel like a change.

originally i was just going to get some streaks put in, but now i'm thinking that wont be enough. i dunno guys :look:

:eek2::peek:short pixie! :darkcloud:I would hate to see all that beautiful hair cut... If you feel you need a change... pack all that hair under a wig...:grin:

Yes. It is proving to make may hemline fuller than it has been in a long time. Of coarse I still have lead hair's, but even that is filling in faster than in the past....

That sounds fantastic. I read the post you put up about Cinnamon thickening up her knee length hair. I was confused if she was saying the trims helped or just patients and good care. She had not been taking care of her hair and cut first it seemed. Then she took care of the hair and it grew longer.

I will be happy if I can get my canopy within a few inches of the lower layer which may be at terminal now since there has been no change for a looooong time.

Looks like your hair will be a nice classic after while. Then on to knee:yep:

That sounds fantastic. I read the post you put up about Cinnamon thickening up her knee length hair. I was confused if she was saying the trims helped or just patients and good care. She had not been taking care of her hair and cut first it seemed. Then she took care of the hair and it grew longer.

I will be happy if I can get my canopy within a few inches of the lower layer which may be at terminal now since there has been no change for a looooong time.

Looks like your hair will be a nice classic after while. Then on to knee:yep:

My hair is layered as well. I continue to do my dusting and I think I have about 2 inches for the canopy to catch up to the lower layer!:grin: I can't think about knee length at the moment.... but I do plan to proceed to mid-thigh...:drunk:

Ladies we need an intervention Everyone challengers and supporters jump in
MzMoMo is actuall considering chopping her hair off posse check TL crakin thread too

My hair is layered as well. I continue to do my dusting and I think I have about 2 inches for the canopy to catch up to the lower layer!:grin: I can't think about knee length at the moment.... but I do plan to proceed to mid-thigh...:drunk:

Thats a good goal for me to set 2inches and closing. I can think about that better. I was tryig to measure how far from the stool I sit on but it seemed miles away. So that is my end of year goal to get about 3 more inches to my canopy.

Your growth rate still seemes to be pretty strong. You should be beyond Classic by years end. Thats exciting. :spinning:

Do Not Cut Your Hair...Try a nice rinse & different hair-styles....

Happy Hair Growing!

Quick question:imstupid:?????:look: When you gals do a wet ponytail or bun.... are you waiting until your hair is damp and then applying a leave-in, then gel on the edges? I am looking for the details because I want to try it out this summer. I like the pony that Irresistible does...

i cant do a wet pony or bun... my hair in the bun or pony wont dry for ever and a day and then my scalp starts to feel itchy :/

so i cant help lol

Back