Christmas Presents?

Im in that dilemma too. I haven't met his kids yet but i feel i should acknowledge them with a small gift.
He has twins - a boy and a girl aged 9. For the girl I may get some hair accessories but I have no clue for the boy....any suggestions???

I always think candy is a good gift for children. It's pretty universal and there is no dollar amount that they know of.

Assuming it all arrives on time, he's getting this book 642 Places to Draw and a set of nice socks.

I'm always commenting on his socks and illustration is a former hobby he hasn't made time for, so some focused doodling might inspire him to pick it back up. It was all under €50; we've been together 5 months and didn't want to spend more than that. Nevertheless, I'm spending more than I did for his birthday 3 months ago. :lol:

I didn't think about a plant or something sweet that everyone could enjoy. Great suggestions!
I just don't want to look like I'm "doin the most".

I always think candy is a good gift for children. It's pretty universal and there is no dollar amount that they know of.

In the end I got his dd a lovely teddy that has a lavender scent and can be warmed in the microwave.
For his ds I bought a pair of Head Candy headphones. Also bought them each a huge tin of Sweet Shop sweets. I'm also tempted to buy some other bits like pretty hair accessories but i'm gonna stop myself!

Last edited:
Pebble Steel or Martian smartwatches are also really nice gifts for those still thinking about what to get. I did those last year.
I LOVE this. I got him an Armani watch last year but i think these smart watches are quite different. He asked for a gift card but i cant imagine giving him a gift card!! His birthday is in January and he wants a trip! He's asking for too much :lol:

Okay here's a new question...

At what point should you start giving gifts to the parents? Even if it's something small like a card.
At never point. He buys his parent's gift and writes from "our names". We do all the gift opening at their place and it would be weird for me to give them my gift to them then his gift to them. All i do is help decide on their gift or have them text me, use his card to buy/order and wrap it up.
I do get my own gifts and he gets his. I hope they give me an iPad this year :look:

I got him a skull dog tag necklace and skull bracelet which he seems to be into now. It just so happens that he was wearing a skull shirt as he was opening it. I also got the Burberry brit London cologne which was promised to be her by Christmas and now it's saying the 29th!!! (I emailed the company ) We got a Samsung UHD TV 55' for the room. He got me some or repair conditioner in a bottle which I love and some aunt jackie's conditioner, some black pants for school, some dressy shirts, a professional Nixon camera so I can take quality pics of hairstyles, do YouTube videos if I decide to and just overall take great pics. I also got the latest galaxy tab pro 12.2 and I love it. The screen is huge! It's like having a computer and the quality of the pics and videos are amazing. I love what I got. He really took the time and got some great gifts. I am super happy.

I'm a FT student and don't have too much $$. But I was able to purchase a watch holder, it holds 20 for my DH.

image-10188499.jpg

Aaaww those are some nice gifts ladies!! I got SO tickets to a Pistons game. I know they suck right now but they're his favorite team and he hasn't been to a game in years. I also got him some GRE prep books and computer science magazines (yes he's a nerd lol). He got me a silver bracelet and is taking me wine tasting this weekend.

Last edited:
I got scarfs, body stuff, sephora gc, a sling box, a portable charger, and this

Attachments

• image-2851344278.jpg
    image-2851344278.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 104
^^^ I'm giving them an edible gift that everyone in the household can enjoy. It's either between a Lindt Christmas chocolate gift box or Cadbury's Christmas gift box.

He ended up sending that for my parents so I gave a nice, seasonal floral arrangement. His mother loved it, she said she was looking around for one for her living room.

i didn't get him anything this year b/c he doesn't care about presents? his bday is around this time as well and i paid for dinner twice :lol: he also doesn't celebrate xmas (his family is hindu & never really did the gift giving thing at this time of the year, except for small children).

i kept asking and he wouldn't be specific, and the things i know he enjoys are out of my budget (and he wouldn't want me to spend my money on anyway) so i was like :ohwell: he definitely isn't wanting for anything so...

he "got" me a lululemon yoga mat. i picked it up at the store & he gave me cash b/c he hates the mall :look: :lol:

i kinda prefer the whole ~show them you appreciate them year round~ thing. it takes the pressure off of "finding the right gift".

but if he asks, i will always have my gift list ready :look: :lachen:

Last edited:
I gotta say, I like gifts.
Mine doesn't celebrate Xmas much but got me a couple of gifts that showed he paid attention.
Had he NOT given me something I'll admit, I'd be a tad bit miffed.

Back