Christmas Presents?

jdvzmommy

What are you getting your SO this year?

I'm taking his last name. He really wanted me to do this when we got married, but I didn't.
I'm going to get him watch and sign the card with my new name and see if he gets it.

Aw that's adorable.

I was thinking of a watch as well. I'm still on the fence. It would be easier if I knew what he was getting me:look:

What are you getting your SO this year?

I'm taking his last name. He really wanted me to do this when we got married, but I didn't.
I'm going to get him watch and sign the card with my new name and see if he gets it.

I've been married over a year and still haven't changed my last name. I was going to do it before we had kids, but that plan got torpedoed…

Anyway, I got him tickets to see UFC next month. We weren't able to go the last time they held an event here in Boston, so I jumped at this one. Good seats and not super expensive. I'm just bummed I won't be able to go with him!

i got him speakers, sunglasses and a couple of tees.

he lost the sunglasses 2 years ago and was so upset because he LOVED them. took me forever but i was able to track down the exact pair.

Ugh I have no idea and uhm he doesn't really celebrate Xmas do I don't expect anything good. Times like this I miss certain folk.....

I'm still not sure:blush: He says he's already bought me 2 small gifts too:blush: the thing is, I'm so easy to shop for. If I like something, I'll mention it a dozen times. And my taste is so distinct. Sometimes I wish others were like me.

He gave me some tips last night about what he would like, and there's no way I can find those things here. I would need someone coming from the US to bring those things.

I'm thinking a piece of artwork, but need to find one within my budget:lol: otherwise I need to investigate a fitness tracker. In my opinion the artwork sounds more thoughtful, but the tracker sounds more practical.

^^^Go with the art work :yep: Something nice for your future home. :-)

I think I'm done with FH. Got him lots of clothes! He doesn't shop and needs them. I dress him better than I dress myself! Gonna find one more 'fun' gift for him. Something goofy bc he's a prankster and will get me something silly for sure!

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

I would like to get him a new keyboard or guitar. He's very into music and can sing very well, and he always talks about how he misses being able to play. He lost both instruments in a house fire a long while ago and never replaced them. It would be a gift for both of us because he'd be able to play again and I'd enjoy sitting around listening to him sing and play.

I'm not music expert so I'm not sure what a good brand or model in either a keyboard or guitar would be good...but I figure that something decent will cost a nice little penny. If anyone has suggestions let me know.

He asked me today what I wanted for Christmas....and I pretended to still be asleep...lol.

I'm thinking for him....something I'd like to smell on him and maybe a box of his favorite cigars.

Hmm, good question!

He's so simple. I usually get him a couple sweaters and jackets I'd like to see on him but I want to get him something different this time.

He did mention that he needs some new shoes. Like some casual shoes to wear out if we're going out to dinner. Help! I've never purchased shoes for a man before!

This is me and my boyfriend's first Christmas together so I'm not sure. What are some normal gifts for new couples? How much am I expected to spend?

This is me and my boyfriend's first Christmas together so I'm not sure. What are some normal gifts for new couples? How much am I expected to spend?

I just spent £50 on a Gucci fragrance set. A scent I would like him to smell like!!
I figured if I spent too cheap it will look cheap. I suspect he's buying a whole heap for me because he mentioned, 'my main present' and 'stocking fillers'.

That's sweet OP. I'm getting DH a watch. He's a slave to watches with big faces :lol:.

I got the HOTTEST Invicta watch. It is the biggest, most giant watch you've ever seen. People come from across the room to see what kind of watch it is. Let me find a link.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006DI4ODC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The photos don't give a feel for how MAGNIFICENT this watch actually is. It's a bad arse watch. I wear it when I do the leather jacket/Harley boots thing.

ETA: As for the original question, GoldenRule has no SO this year :sad: I'm going to hold out until after V Day so I don't have to buy anyone anything.

Last edited:
I'm buying Dh a cologne set, 49ers jersey, Keurig coffee maker and a tablet. Maybe a few sweaters/tops.

My bf wants these

Sometimes I think he forgets that (1) he makes twice as much as me and (2) I'm intensively paying off debt.

It kinda made me mad that he asked for this knowing that. But I can't be 100% mad cause I asked for an LV tote.

So, I'm giving him an Armani watch (got for an super discount from Gilt or one of those sites) (this is what I was originally getting him) and I'll hit him a gift card for the shoes (so he have have $ twds buying them).

Attachments

• image-200872914.jpg
    image-200872914.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 203
He says he wants Spice bomb and a new shaving kit with a high quality razor. I haven't decided what I'm going to get him yet

I just spent £50 on a Gucci fragrance set. A scent I would like him to smell like!! I figured if I spent too cheap it will look cheap. I suspect he's buying a whole heap for me because he mentioned, 'my main present' and 'stocking fillers'.
See he hasn't mentioned getting me anything. I will probably get him a gift card to his favorite store.

I wonder if I should ask if we are even exchanging gifts...

Aw that's adorable.

I was thinking of a watch as well. I'm still on the fence. It would be easier if I knew what he was getting me:look:

I'm getting him a collector's chess set instead. He better get me something good.

I'm in this predicament for Vday. I'm buying him cologne and keeping it in my purse. If I do not get a gift, I will regift the cologne for his bday:look:

A 60" tv that he's been eyeing and the speakers and subwoofers so he can have the movie theater experience at home

See he hasn't mentioned getting me anything. I will probably get him a gift card to his favorite store.

I personally wouldn't ask. I don't want to prompt an SO to give me a gift.
My SO talks too much. He keeps mentioning Christmas and the days he's going shopping for my stuff. In the unlikely event he doesn't get me anything, I'll return the gift I got him and end the relationship!

He wants a PS4. I got a black Friday deal with 2 games so it's sitting next to the tree right now.

Back