Child Support and the New Spouse

LovinLocks

Are any of you ladies faced with the situation of:

He pays child support, marries you, ex files for more money = now you are suddenly paying for someone else's Big "0"!!!??/

I am a little stunned at the concept. Just did a quick search and apparently it is true. I'm just outdone. Can hardly feed myself, keep up my own household. I say don't tell the old biddie when/if we marry. He seems to think it would be difficult to keep from her. ??? I say, don't tell ya bidness.

I have four daughters and five grandchildren so if I had extra monies it should certainly go to THEM!!!

I'm in counting the cost stage and that just don't seem fair (and the ex has a six-digit income!!!!!!) ????????

I thought this depended on the state you live in if the ex could file to get BOTH incomes included in the increase?

Don't marry him if this is a big concern to you or get a tight pre-nup.

LL, I'm sorry to hear this. I've heard of this happening before. It's one of those things you have to consider before marrying someone with kids. Do a little research I am absolutely sure there is a way around it. It may be worth you hiring an attorney to address it. I wish you the best with this.

You need to check the laws in your state. If they include the both spouses income in child support determinations, then you shouldn't marry the person if it'll be a financial hardship for you.

Find a man with no children and you wont have to worry about it at all.................but then I guess he'd have to be concerned about your 4 grown kids one day needing something .....or your five grandkids. In the grand scheme of things he may not what to pay for your big "o".

Find a man with no children and you wont have to worry about it at all.................but then I guess he'd have to be concerned about your 4 grown kids one day needing something .....or your five grandkids. In the grand scheme of things he may not what to pay for your big "o".

:blush:

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Goes both ways doesnt it? Then HE needs to get a pre-nup.

Last edited:

You know what young lady . . . no man has to be concerned with mine; I've got that. And, no man would ever have to be concerned about my grannies because their mother's have them. So, my "Big O's were indeed mine!" I wouldn't consider asking a man (directly or indirectly) to handle my business. Guess that's why I'm kinda concerned, looking sideways at the law (figuratively speaking).

Hey,that's the point of "counting the cost" stage . . ya count, pray, count and pray some more.

Have a good end of this day young ladies.

LL

LL, I've heard of this happening before. It's one of those things you have to consider before marrying someone with kids. .

Good afternoon fmnnity:

I appreciated the sensitivity and seriousness with which you addressed my query.

Have a great day.

LL

Good afternoon fmnnity:

I appreciated the sensitivity and seriousness with which you addressed my query.

Have a great day.

LL

You are welcome. It is something to consider. I'm glad you are thinking about it before taking that leap. Plan strategically.

Contact a lawyer, but I think a prenup should take care of this.What is she remarries does his payments go down because there is an increase in her hh.

In NJ there is an injunction that you can file against another parent so that your income will not be included whether or not you plan to take care of the child. I dunno what's it's called so I would seek out an attorney.

Contact a lawyer, but I think a prenup should take care of this.What is she remarries does his payments go down because there is an increase in her hh.

I don't think so and not if that person has another child as well. I'm not a baby's mom but having friends who are and friends who have them, some really bug out and don't even do what they need to and some work hard to just take care of what must be done. The way I was raised gives me a different perspective of how this whole thing should be taken care of.

Back