Calling In The One And Femme Belles..........

almond eyes

Hi ladies,

I so want to discuss this Meghan Markle and Prince Harry relationship. She clearly worked on herself inside and out to attract the Prince. Meaning she had to remove the obstacles in her mind and now allow her confidence to dwindle.

I am so happy for her.

I am sure if she had told anyone two years ago that Harry would be courting her they would have told her she could never have a chance.

Just like Kate, people were not checking on Kate for William, yet in the end she broke through as a someone from a completely different class.

Also just like Ciara anything can happen in the area of romance even when it seems like there is no way. Even Meghan Goode was told no way for her husband.

CaribbeanDiva and CrystaliceQueen123 thoughts.

Let's get inspirational for 2017!!!!!

Best,
Almond Eyes

Kindly, explain?.

Those who are in the Femme Belles, Allison Armstrong and Calling in the One Challenge would understand.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Kindly, explain?.

Those who are in the Femme Belles, Allison Armstrong and Calling in the One Challenge would understand.

Best,
Almond Eyes
I've browsed those threads and what does that have to do with Markle and her ending up with prince? Did she speak about always wanting to be with a royal and not getting the chance? Or her past? I'm not getting the path I am supposed to be following

When I read those threads, it occurs to me differently. It's just about attracting a good catch regardless of your perceived obstacles.

It may occur to you as there is no correlation. For me it occurs as there is a lesson to be learnt in this regardless of the outcome.

Best,
Almond Eyes

I am interested in feedback as well.
I personally think that once you are spiritually centered and living your life's passion you will attract the right people to you.
I forget the name of it but its like receiving what you put out.

Thanks Curly, you get my point. It's not just about Meghan and Prince Harry, it goes much deeper than that.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Hi ladies,

I so want to discuss this Meghan Markle and Prince Harry relationship. She clearly worked on herself inside and out to attract the Prince. Meaning she had to remove the obstacles in her mind and now allow her confidence to dwindle.

I am so happy for her.

I am sure if she had told anyone two years ago that Harry would be courting her they would have told her she could never have a chance.

Just like Kate, people were not checking on Kate for William, yet in the end she broke through as a someone from a completely different class.

Also just like Ciara anything can happen in the area of romance even when it seems like there is no way. Even Meghan Goode was told no way for her husband.

CaribbeanDiva and CrystaliceQueen123 thoughts.

Let's get inspirational for 2017!!!!!

Best,
Almond Eyes
You want me to talk about believing in yourself, ignoring the haters and how that affects your love life?

A good friend of mine ended up marrying a man that she never thought would ever marry someone like her. She even said it even stupefied her in-laws.

I asked her what was the secret, she said she really figured out what she had to bring to the table to get a guy like that (granted the guy was already a keeper) and that she had to step up her game and stop hiding and making excuses.

Essentially, she told me she did a lot of reading and some work on herself. She also got a life coach.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Truth be told I don't know much about Meghan Markle so I'm researching. This article on her blog is my life motto too. :yep: I like her.

http://thetig.com/valentine/
Be Your Own Valentine
MM-valentines-HERO.jpg

Because regrams are good – here’s a little Valentine’s reminder from 2015. “It’s funny how a Hallmark holiday can bring up so many feelings for people – ebbing and flowing from the lovey dovey to the lonesome. But Valentine’s day, with its tales of Cupid and swan song of chocolates and roses and saccharine sweetheart candies does just that. It’s a strangely divisive one. Where couples are cuddled up and singletons see their requisite froyo as a cup of lonely. But it doesn’t need to be.

I think you need to be your own Valentine.

I think you need to cook that beautiful dinner even when it’s just you, wear your favorite outfit, buy yourself some flowers, and celebrate the self love that often gets muddled when we focus on what we don’t have.

Last season I was chatting with my Suits sister wives, Sarah and Gina, and was in some sort of funk, bemoaning something that was so futile I don’t even remember what it was now. But I was faaaaaar from showing the self love.

One of them stopped me – truth be told I can’t remember which one because they both impart their sage wisdom with me on the daily– but one of the stylish wise ones stopped me and said, “Hey! That’s my friend you’re talking about. Be nice to her.”

They were protecting me from myself. From my own criticism, and my own self doubt. They were reminding me to treat myself as well as I treat those closest to me. To be my own valentine.

This Valentine’s Day I will be with friends, running amock through the streets of New York, likely imbibing some cocktail that’s oddly pink, and jumping over icy mounds in my new shoes through the salted snowy streets of the West Village.

But those shoes, by the way, were my gift to myself. Because I’ve worked hard, because I’m not going to wait for someone to buy me the things I covet (nor do I want to), and because I want to treat myself as well as I treat those dearest to me. Because I am my own funny Valentine.

So whether you have a special someone, you’ll be with friends, or you’ll be flying solo this Saturday (or any other day for that matter), be good to yourself. Love yourself, treat yourself, honor yourself and celebrate you. Be your own beautiful, darling, cherished and funny Valentine. You deserve it.”

A good friend of mine ended up marrying a man that she never thought would ever marry someone like her. She even said it even stupefied her in-laws.

I asked her what was the secret, she said she really figured out what she had to bring to the table to get a guy like that (granted the guy was already a keeper) and that she had to step up her game and stop hiding and making excuses.

Essentially
, she told me she did a lot of reading and some work on herself. She also got a life coach.

Best,
Almond Eyes
What is your friend's contact info? Asking for a friend of course... :lol:

Truth be told I don't know much about Meghan Markle so I'm researching. This article on her blog is my life motto too. :yep: I like her.

I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be Your Own Valentine
MM-valentines-HERO.jpg

Because regrams are good – here’s a little Valentine’s reminder from 2015. “It’s funny how a Hallmark holiday can bring up so many feelings for people – ebbing and flowing from the lovey dovey to the lonesome. But Valentine’s day, with its tales of Cupid and swan song of chocolates and roses and saccharine sweetheart candies does just that. It’s a strangely divisive one. Where couples are cuddled up and singletons see their requisite froyo as a cup of lonely. But it doesn’t need to be.

I think you need to cook that beautiful dinner even when it’s just you, wear your favorite outfit, buy yourself some flowers, and celebrate the self love that often gets muddled when we focus on what we don’t have.

Last season I was chatting with my Suits sister wives, Sarah and Gina, and was in some sort of funk, bemoaning something that was so futile I don’t even remember what it was now. But I was faaaaaar from showing the self love.

One of them stopped me – truth be told I can’t remember which one because they both impart their sage wisdom with me on the daily– but one of the stylish wise ones stopped me and said, “Hey! That’s my friend you’re talking about. Be nice to her.”

They were protecting me from myself. From my own criticism, and my own self doubt. They were reminding me to treat myself as well as I treat those closest to me. To be my own valentine.

This Valentine’s Day I will be with friends, running amock through the streets of New York, likely imbibing some cocktail that’s oddly pink, and jumping over icy mounds in my new shoes through the salted snowy streets of the West Village.

But those shoes, by the way, were my gift to myself. Because I’ve worked hard, because I’m not going to wait for someone to buy me the things I covet (nor do I want to), and because I want to treat myself as well as I treat those dearest to me. Because I am my own funny Valentine.

So whether you have a special someone, you’ll be with friends, or you’ll be flying solo this Saturday (or any other day for that matter), be good to yourself. Love yourself, treat yourself, honor yourself and celebrate you. Be your own beautiful, darling, cherished and funny Valentine. You deserve it.”

What is your friend's contact info? Asking for a friend of course... :lol:

I know right!!!!!!!!!!

A colleague of mine who is black, has a love coach that she speaks to weekly.

Personally, I believe that we all have blind spots that can get in the way of attracting the one or the right one.

For everyone the way is differently, though many women are saying these days, I need help and they are getting help. For some it could be therapy for deeper past issues and for others it may require a coach to brush up on a few areas. or group awareness trainings. You can never see sometimes yourself as they way you can see others or others see you.

I don't think Meghan came out of no where, I think she worked on herself and had help her mother is a clinical therapist and into Yoga. Good for her.

Even Allison Armstrong, I think she also had to attend a few group awareness seminars to reach the conclusions in her books. No one great ever does it alone.

I think many women these days understand that you are what you attract.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Last edited:
You really are what you attract. A lot of women want a man who is a great catch. Who doesn't? :lol: Why should that man go for you though? Are you a great catch yourself? Would YOU wanna marry YOU? This is where internal work comes in. It's also why I love books like: "Boundaries, Calling in the one, Men don't love women like you, and Madly in love with me". Those books are a great start if you're new to working on yourself. I'm always recommending books because you grow the most from applying what you're reading.

Let's face it. Most of us grew up in dysfunctional homes. Children repeat what they see modeled. If you were abused growing up, you'll end up in abusive relationships because it's familiar to you. If there were addictions of any kind, same thing. You'll attract these unhealthy people who always "need" your help. You'll think it's great because you feel needed and wanted. You want to rescue them from themselves. Then you'll find peace and happiness right? Wrong. Those people are just using you. As soon as you get a backbone and stand up for yourself, they'll drop you like a hot potato. I had to figure all that out for myself. Even though other people told me that's what was happening I wasn't ready to see it. I'm glad I came to my senses though. I'm so grateful for that experience because I discovered therapy and support groups because of it.

Ignoring people's bulls*it and focusing on your self is the best decision you'll ever make. They're quick to put you down because your striving for excellence exposes their mediocrity! Be very selective who you share your goals and moves you're making with. Sometimes it's the ones closest to you who sabotage you. You should take it as a compliment when you have haters. It means you're doing something right. Don't let it stop you. Otherwise you'll be busted just like them. Keep doing you. When people say that there's something special, different about you, it's because they're sensing that you know who you are, where you're going, and you won't put up with anybody's crap. Either get in line or get out of my way. :look: The only approval you need is your own. That, my friends, is true freedom.

I've read a few more of Meghan Markle's blog posts and I feel like we are kindred spirits. :lol: I can see why Harry fell for her.

You really are what you attract. A lot of women want a man who is a great catch. Who doesn't? :lol: Why should that man go for you though? Are you a great catch yourself? Would YOU wanna marry YOU? This is where internal work comes in. It's also why I love books like: "Boundaries, Calling in the one, Men don't love women like you, and Madly in love with me". Those books are a great start if you're new to working on yourself. I'm always recommending books because you grow the most from applying what you're reading.

Let's face it. Most of us grew up in dysfunctional homes. Children repeat what they see modeled. If you were abused growing up, you'll end up in abusive relationships because it's familiar to you. If there were addictions of any kind, same thing. You'll attract these unhealthy people who always "need" your help. You'll think it's great because you feel needed and wanted. You want to rescue them from themselves. Then you'll find peace and happiness right? Wrong. Those people are just using you. As soon as you get a backbone and stand up for yourself, they'll drop you like a hot potato. I had to figure all that out for myself. Even though other people told me that's what was happening I wasn't ready to see it. I'm glad I came to my senses though. I'm so grateful for that experience because I discovered therapy and support groups because of it.

Ignoring people's bulls*it and focusing on your self is the best decision you'll ever make. They're quick to put you down because your striving for excellence exposes their mediocrity! Be very selective who you share your goals and moves you're making with. Sometimes it's the ones closest to you who sabotage you. You should take it as a compliment when you have haters. It means you're doing something right. Don't let it stop you. Otherwise you'll be busted just like them. Keep doing you. When people say that there's something special, different about you, it's because they're sensing that you know who you are, where you're going, and you won't put up with anybody's crap. Either get in line or get out of my way. :look: The only approval you need is your own. That, my friends, is true freedom.

I've read a few more of Meghan Markle's blog posts and I feel like we are kindred spirits. :lol: I can see why Harry fell for her.

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best,
Almond Eyes

I agree with all of your sentiments.

The bottom line is that if you want to be with a great catch, you also have to do the work and no short cuts. You don't have to be perfect, however you do have to be self aware about all the issues that come from your past that influence your present and future.

There are so many ways to do the work, I also love reading books. Books are a great way to learn.

Again, there are some women who need therapy to deal with serious issues from their past like trauma or serious dysfunction that keep popping up. As human beings, we tend to keep repeating past patterns. We don't know that we are doing it and it keeps yielding the same situations over and over again. This is why some women will say why do I keep attracting the same friends, the same boyfriends. Ultimately, your life is a representation of your self-expression.

We even as human beings on a daily basis keep having the same conversations and complaints over and over again with others and ourselves yet we don't understand that this is why we are stuck. To take new actions means professional help must be taken. Many women tend to use their friends, family member and boyfriends/husbands as sounding boards for their complaints and this only allows you to end up in a circle on a daily basis.

There are some women who would benefit from a life coach that will help them address their present goals and the future and removing their blocks and fears. These days many successful people that want to get ahead have a life coach they just don't advertise it.

There are other women who would benefit from group seminars that focus on particular issues like love, getting out of your own way.

For me, it has been such a great thing to have come across the books recommended by CaribbeanDiva and the other women in the femme belles and Allison Armstrong threads. It has made me see that I am responsible for how I come across and what I bring relevance to in my life.

How are you marketing or branding yourself as a woman? That can determine many things too.

I like Meghan too. I hope things work out for her and Prince Harry.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Last edited:

Be Your Own Valentine
MM-valentines-HERO.jpg

Just reading her blog, you can tell she is a very positive upbeat personality.
Not sure when she met Harry, I am guessing in May when he was in Toronto; clearly he saw the light shinning from within.

Ultimately, your life is a representation of your self-expression.
Yes!! Albert Einstein said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Change is difficult but necessary. You can't upgrade your relationships without upgrading who you are first. That's where a support system comes in whether that be in the form of books, a life coach or therapy.

Er...Does Markle really have the Prince, though? I mean, has he put a ring on it? Girlfriends come and girlfriends go. Men will experiment until they find the one.

Er...Does Markle really have the Prince, though? I mean, has he put a ring on it? Girlfriends come and girlfriends go. Men will experiment until they find the one.

It doesn't really matter if she gets a ring or not. The bottom line is that this woman who is half black, divorced, not British, not rich, a bit older has been able to touch the heart of this man from a background that would not necessarily pick someone like her. And I also think, he is also getting a catch in her as well as she seems like a passionate person with her humanitarian efforts.

It's not necessarily about getting a Prince to marry you because he has his own issues as everyone has, it's really about having the confidence to date someone that many people would deem is above your level. And there is really no such thing as level. We create the levels in our minds and as a society.

Now she's an actress so clearly, you have to have your website and instagram page. However, I think there was a thread in the femme belles or Allison Armstrong which talked about what do you bring to the table as a woman into any relationship or friendship noise or passion?.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter if she gets a ring or not. The bottom line is that this woman who is half black, divorced, not British, not rich, a bit older has been able to touch the heart of this man from a background that would not necessarily pick someone like her. And I also think, he is also getting a catch in her as well as she seems like a passionate person with her humanitarian efforts.

Best,
Almond Eyes
You act like being half black is a disease or that he "picked" her out of the gutter. She's young and pretty and interesting and has a "glamourous" career. Harry is hardly the first of his kind to frolic with a celebrity. When he marries her and makes her a legitimate member of the royal family, then it'll be something to ooh and ahh over. In other words, when she becomes a "Kate". But, hey, if it makes you feel giddy to make her a magical unicorn at this point, so be it.

Awesome post on her blog!!
http://thetig.com/dream-bigger

DREAM BIGGER

03 / 20 / 2015

Dream-Bigger-HERO.jpg

LOVE IT. SHARE IT.
In the past few weeks I have found myself saying: “My life is greater than I could have ever imagined.” And that’s because it is. I always dreamt, but I guess it’s safe to say that I never dreamt big. And then about two years ago, I made a choice to live my life less stifled. To try to not just live, but to live so fully that my adventures were bursting at the seams, my days felt purpose driven, and my heart felt full. It was August 4th, the day I was born, but that year I didn’t call it my birthday…it was my re-birthday.

Now I’ll admit the term alone is equal parts dramatic and cheesy, but setting that aside for a moment what it meant to me was an intention being set to start anew. To stop living my life complacently and to start taking risks, and to begin dreaming bigger than I could have ever imagined. What happened since has been the most glorious validation that saying “yes” can change the course of your life. Specifically saying “yes” to yourself.

I’ve never been one for vision boards. I have a stack of books from The Secret to The Sedona Method that I skim but don’t read, I shun my hippie dippie upbringing in favor of being a pragmatist, and you’ll rarely find me reading my horoscope. But there is something to be said for setting a goal and putting it out into the universe, so to speak.

It is said that, “thoughts become things.” My thoughts the past year have been: I miss working in politics, I see myself having a lifestyle website, I want to see the world, I need to find my purpose, and I want to be happy.

By some miracle (or perhaps the wizardry of positive thinking), I am now the UN Advocate for Women’s Political Participation & Leadership; The Tig was born; the recent stamps in my passport range from Rwanda to Malta to Afghanistan; in the past week alone I met President Obama and UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, and above all — I am blissfully, fully, unapologetically happy.

Join me in being a dreamer. Your life can be greater than you ever imagined.

LOVE IT. SHARE IT.
In BEAUTY tagged with BAN KI MOON , OBAMA , UN WOMEN

Dream-Bigger-Sidebar-Obama-276x276.jpg

Dream-Bigger-Sidebar-Steps-276x276.jpg

Dream-Bigger-Sidebar-UN-276x276.jpg

Dream-Bigger-Sidebar-Ban-Ki-Moon-276x276.jpg

...the most glorious validation that saying "yes" can change the course of your life. Specifically saying "yes" to yourself.

The fact that he PUBLICLY shut the racist press down is a huge signal...and there are now public photos of the together. I'm keeping my eye on them...this might end up being a Letizia of Spain/Mette Marit of Norway situation.

Back