CALLING ALL COCONUT MILK USERS!!!

bellebebe

I've been Bagying using coconut milk for about a week now and I am already seeing results:woot:. Yes, it has definitely relaxed my curl pattern. I think I have 4c type hair and now my new growth looks like pretty waves and is not as tightly coiled as it was before the Coconut milk. My hair has gotten a lot softer and I have less shedding, so my hair has gotten much stronger. I will deff keep this up to see how my hair will transform by Dec 2010:gorgeous:.

Is there a Coco-milk challenge anywhere? if not, we definitely need one lol.
Anyway ladies, are you getting the same results? how does your hair differ from before using Coco-milk and now?

do you use the one in the tin? if yes, how do you use it?
i have never had success with the tinned ones, i always have clumps of coconut in my hair :nono:
pls give more info :drunk:

I use "Goya" coconut milk. You'll find it in stores for about 99cents if not cheaper. I mix it in with my conditioner. You can mix it with whatever you like ladies, and I do a full head baggy with it. You can rinse it out in the morning if you use a regular conditioner. I use a multipurpose conditioner that can be used as a leave in so I don't have to rinse it out in the morning. I do it every night until I cowash. Then, I start the process over again.

I adore coconut milk as well :love:

I love how it gave me 'hang time' when I applied it to help in the pre-shampoo detangling process.

All the kinks loosened and it became easier to run my fingers through my hair :grin:

Oh shoot...now you gonna have me looking for some coconut milk in the store, the pj in me just started itchin:scratchch..I was planning on using coconut oil as a sealant and as a overnight deep condition but I might use coconut milk as the overnight deep condition :lick:...thanks chica! And at 99cents too? How you dewin!!!:lachen: How big is the container?

SN: I know i've seen some in a health food store but did you find it at the grocery store?

I have two cans of coconut milk at home. I would be afraid to leave it in my hair thinking it would have a sour smell or entice bugs to hover. I actually get the same results using yogurt. Love it! I use it mixed with oil, condish and honey for a pre-poo deep treatment. I'd probably join your challenge though - go 'head start one!

Where did you buy your cans?

I have two cans of coconut milk at home. I would be afraid to leave it in my hair thinking it would have a sour smell or entice bugs to hover. I actually get the same results using yogurt. Love it! I use it mixed with oil, condish and honey for a pre-poo deep treatment. I'd probably join your challenge though - go 'head start one!

any ladies using just the coconut milk without adding conditioner? do you mix the solid part and liquid part together and slather it on your hair?
sorry for the questions, i just want to get it right the next time i use it :drunk:

any ladies using just the coconut milk without adding conditioner? do you mix the solid part and liquid part together and slather it on your hair?
sorry for the questions, i just want to get it right the next time i use it :drunk:

When I used milk alone I mixed the two parts together.

OK ladies, I use coconut milk in my DC. Luckily it is really easy to get my hands on a "dry" coconut. I grate it and squeeze out the milk from the husk. I place the milk in a clear mug and after an hour or two there is a really thick cream that rises to the top of the mug and a watery part below.

I scrape off the thick cream and i mix it with my condish (Lustrasilk Shea Butter or Profective anti breakage) and do a DC for about an hour. I moisturize my hair religiously with pure virgin coconut oil. I must say i had no idea that that was what was changing my hair pattern.

My hair has gone from a 4something or wavy patter and kinky pattern to "pressed" hair. My hair actually looks pressed. It is lighter and easier to comb. The only time i see a curl pattern is when i wash/wet my hair.

I love coconut oil and cream. It is amazing and it has made my hair more manageable and yes, straighter! I have been using c/cream and c/oil for over 5 years. No regrets and i Do love the smell. LOL

Really? lol Im thinking about using it with yogurt as a prepoo. I cowash every 3 days and that's when it starts smelling a little sour. Lucky for me, it's on my cowash day:grin:.

I've been Bagying using coconut milk for about a week now and I am already seeing results:woot:. Yes, it has definitely relaxed my curl pattern. I think I have 4c type hair and now my new growth looks like pretty waves and is not as tightly coiled as it was before the Coconut milk. My hair has gotten a lot softer and I have less shedding, so my hair has gotten much stronger. I will deff keep this up to see how my hair will transform by Dec 2010:gorgeous:.

Is there a Coco-milk challenge anywhere? if not, we definitely need one lol.
Anyway ladies, are you getting the same results? how does your hair differ from before using Coco-milk and now?

I have some coconut creme I need to use up. What's your regimen using it? I'm interested.

OOOps, I found it!

Last edited:
I used to use it when i was relaed to @calm@ my NG. Now i can afford loosing some curls ToT. But hope you get your goal with it, take some pics

This is interesting because I found that nothing works better at softening my hair than my beloved AOWC welll I was looking at the ingredients and it seem that Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base is the first ingredient...thats got me wanting to encorporate more coconut based products into my life...I already adore coconut oil.

This is interesting because I found that nothing works better at softening my hair than my beloved AOWC welll I was looking at the ingredients and it seem that Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base is the first ingredient...thats got me wanting to encorporate more coconut based products into my life...I already adore coconut oil.

i read that this base is cetyl alcohol.

I used coconut cream last weekend and LOVED IT. I brought coconut cream at Wal-Mart for 82 cent and mixed it with Mane and Tail conditioner and Hot 6 oil. DC for like one hr w/o heat. It soften my hair and made my NG easy to comb (I'm 11 wks post). My hair had been breaking forever and I had no idea how to stop it. NO BREAKAGE AT ALL THIS WEEK.

gasp....dont tell me I have been duped!

off to google and research ingrediants:sekret:

oh no, you haven't been duped! i checked: & the aubrey organics website says that their coconut cream fatty acid base is, in fact, cetyl alcohol, but it is derived directly from coconut and/or palm oil. so it's natural... kind of. :yep: just don't think it's pure coconut cream concentrate or anything.

PPG is back from her search!!!

COCONUT FATTY ACID CREAM BASE — Absorption base containing essential fatty acids, coconut fatty alcohols from palm kernels, aloe vera and vitamins A, C and E. Rich in linoleic and linolenic acids (vitamin F), excellent nutrients and skin conditioners. In hair care products, it is often combined with the important amino acids cysteine and methionine, which are high in sulfur and excellent for the hair and scalp.

COCONUT FATTY ALCOHOLS
— Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol. The long-chain fatty alcohols from coconut palm kernels, which are natural emollients. (See also Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base.)

Interesting find....I got it directly 4rm the Aubreys site....

AND dare I say....my hair likes cetyl alcohol....who knew! yea *shoot me* hope the LHCF police dont take me away

Its is also in my beloved tresemme naturals condish....

Sorry 4 the mini hi-jack OP now back to our regularly scheduled thread!

oh no, you haven't been duped! i checked: & the aubrey organics website says that their coconut cream fatty acid base is, in fact, cetyl alcohol, but it is derived directly from coconut and/or palm oil. so it's natural... kind of. :yep: just don't think it's pure coconut cream concentrate or anything.

All is safe in the world now :lachen:I loves me some natchal cetyl alcohol lmao

I used coconut cream last weekend and LOVED IT. I brought coconut cream at Wal-Mart for 82 cent and mixed it with Mane and Tail conditioner and Hot 6 oil. DC for like one hr w/o heat. It soften my hair and made my NG easy to comb (I'm 11 wks post). My hair had been breaking forever and I had no idea how to stop it. NO BREAKAGE AT ALL THIS WEEK.
Girl you almost made me Jump, I did curse a little lol:lachen: but dang, that's great!!

Thanks BB... I been wearing twist out all week. (Walking around work with HIH disease). After yrs on LHCF I'm finally learning healthy hair care. KISS is really working for me. Sorry, I wasted so much $.

Back