CALLING ALL COCONUT MILK USERS!!!

Oh shoot...now you gonna have me looking for some coconut milk in the store, the pj in me just started itchin:scratchch..I was planning on using coconut oil as a sealant and as a overnight deep condition but I might use coconut milk as the overnight deep condition :lick:...thanks chica! And at 99cents too? How you dewin!!!:lachen: How big is the container?

SN: I know i've seen some in a health food store but did you find it at the grocery store?

I've used coconut milk in my hair before and it's delish as a treatment, especially adding EVOO or some oil to it. :drunk: As for me, I buy a brand sold at most Wal-marts called "Thai Kitchen." I also buy their other food products cuz I loves me some Thai food, and cook lots at home. The cans are your average size like a can of corn, for example. I guess that's like 10-12 ounces.

The price at Wal-mart varies from $0.99 to $1.25 each can. You may be able to find cheaper prices at specialty ethnic stores (i.e. Indian, Asian private-owned food stores). I love this store back home by the Air Force base. Those ladies (Thai and Filipino) are sooo nice and their prices are gooood. :grin:

ETA: They say mixing coconut milk and lime juice and applying to NG will loosen the curl and make it more manageable. Haven't tried that concoction yet, but I shole am keeping that written down in my hair journal just in case the going gets tough again wit these roots. :)

Last edited:
:pity: Lol jkjk! :lachen: That AOHSR is the bomb though...feels nice, but a bit pricey though, I'll just stick with suave coconut condish:scratchch

OT: I KNOW RIGHT!! I wish they'd come down on the price for like all the J/A/S/O/N naturals and AO products. But I guess, "Quality...You gotsta pay fo' dat." --DJay, "Hustle 'N Flow." Especially AO-HSR and AO-GPB. Those seem to be among the best working, but at $13-$15 a bottle, wit all this hair, I ain't feeling that. I wish also that I could find the Suave Coconut in more places...it's hard to find. :sad:

I've been using coconut milk as part of my regular weekly routine. I mix it with avocado and sometimes add a little honey. I use it as a pre-shampoo and it has made my hair EXTRA soft. I don't know anything about a relaxed curl pattern but my hair was well conditioned.

OT: I KNOW RIGHT!! I wish they'd come down on the price for like all the J/A/S/O/N naturals and AO products. Especially AO-HSR and AO-GPB. Those seem to be among the best working, but at $13-$15 a bottle, wit all this hair, I ain't feeling that. I wish also that I could find the Suave Coconut in more places...it's hard to find. :sad:

Dude! LHCF has it's own language lol. I'm slowly learning.

OT: I KNOW RIGHT!! I wish they'd come down on the price for like all the J/A/S/O/N naturals and AO products. But I guess, "Quality...You gotsta pay fo' dat." --DJay, "Hustle 'N Flow." Especially AO-HSR and AO-GPB. Those seem to be among the best working, but at $13-$15 a bottle, wit all this hair, I ain't feeling that. I wish also that I could find the Suave Coconut in more places...it's hard to find. :sad:
you can get it online for like $7 from www.vitacost.com and they have flat rate shipping of like $5 so you can stock up on a bunch of stuff like oils and vitamins and other hair stuff.

Girl that's a mess! Vitamin Shoppe online had the AO products for like 9 bucks a whop...at the local health store it was $11 a whop...:nono:

you can get it online for like $7 from www.vitacost.com and they have flat rate shipping of like $5 so you can stock up on a bunch of stuff like oils and vitamins and other hair stuff.

What? I was getting ripped a new one at Vitamin Shoppe's store! They must've recently came down on the prices, thank GOD! But then again, prices online are often much lower than in the store. Even the sellers on Ebay are high, like in the $12-$14 per bottle range! I scour Ebay for deals on AO and other products... Them prices had me searching the world for coupons! :lachen: Thanks VidaStarr and Chelz for the info! Ya'll are life-savers! I had no idea, but I do love Vitacost, and I already have a "wish list," saving the products I need to come back and purchase. :yep: Keeping these tips in mind so I won't get had :wallbash: on the AO ever again, if I can help it.

:pity: Lol jkjk! :lachen: That AOHSR is the bomb though...feels nice, but a bit pricey though, I'll just stick with suave coconut condish:scratchch

:lachen:I knew I would be found...

but yea the prices are a bit much...I use it every 2 weeks or so for a DC only so the bottles last me a good while.

What? I was getting ripped a new one at Vitamin Shoppe's store! They must've recently came down on the prices, thank GOD! But then again, prices online are often much lower than in the store. Even the sellers on Ebay are high, like in the $12-$14 per bottle range! I scour Ebay for deals on AO and other products... Them prices had me searching the world for coupons! :lachen: Thanks VidaStarr and Chelz for the info! Ya'll are life-savers! I had no idea, but I do love Vitacost, and I already have a "wish list," saving the products I need to come back and purchase. :yep: Keeping these tips in mind so I won't get had :wallbash: on the AO ever again, if I can help it.
I frickin LOVE vitacost! I get my castor oil, avocado oil, vitamins, honey, agave nectar, essential oils, and other hair products from there. In fact I typically search there first before I go anywhere else.

just as an FYI: you can buy coconut cream (the solid white stuff that separates to the top of coconut milk) on its own. they sell it at asian grocery stores, or you can buy it online for cheap here.

i use it primarily to make pina coladas (mmm!) but now i'll buy up a few cans specifically for hair.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Lol at being ripped a new one...I think that's happened to me several times before.:perplexed

Anywho, I got some coconut milk from the grocery store TODAY:lachen:, all because of this thread. :yep:

Last edited:
I came in to do a search for coconut milk. I've decided that I will do overnight coconut milk/coconut oil/olive oil treatments followed by a morning cowash for a while. Does anyone have any pics?

I came in to do a search for coconut milk. I've decided that I will do overnight coconut milk/coconut oil/olive oil treatments followed by a morning cowash for a while. Does anyone have any pics?

I have a pic of my new growth but I think it's just normal new growth since I've only used the coconut milk twice. :look:

For those ladies talking earlier about price of AO products, you can buy them online at vitaglo.com for 6.34. (More for the higher priced ones like rose mosqueta) Cheapest I've seen, and they have free shipping after 50 bucks (it took a bit longer to come when I did this versus paying for the shipping but it was all good. I combined my order with a friend's so we both saved)
I've ordered there twice and so far so good.

I use coconut milk on my ayurvedic co-wash days. I make a DC mix with coconut milk, amla, brahmi, and oils. I love the way it makes my hair feel.:grin:

Back