BSL 2012 Challenge!!!

hi to all! ive been so busy, andi am still busy (gave birth in july and i have another 3 year old too so ive been veryyyyyy busy and sooooo tired).ill be back this weekend (gonna et my self a new computer and get going back to my hair if i can)

I'm in, hopefully I'll remember to check in sometimes, I'm awful at remembering what challenges I'm in. Or rather I willfully ignore that use up your stash/quit being a PJ one :look: :giggle:

What is your goal date for BSL?
Anytime before December 31st 2012 is fine by me.
Whats your current length?
APL/ BSB stretched
Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning?
Natural
Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL?
Daily wash n go and I use very little heat out of sheer laziness.
What do you plan to do once you make BSL?
:grin:
**Please add a starting pic now or at least before Jan 1 2012

You thought I wouldn't see that comment Zaz. Girl you can't hide from me :lol:

So I washed and flat ironed my hair tuesday, I really need a relaxer. I could not get to my new growth good enough. Im thinking about buying the curlformers kit, I heard you can get them close to your scalp.

12-21-12 (Do or Die) :laugh:

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? (ie. This will be your first time ever being BSL; You were BSL but had a setback, or BC’d or chopped it off for a style and want it back again; You were BSL back in the day and now trying to achieve it again, etc.)

At the beginning of this year I went from BSB --> 1' of hair due to a set back/hair frustrations. I want to achieve it again, but hopefully a lot sooner than the 1st time around now that I am equipped with knowledge

photo11tl.jpg

Barely SL

Natural

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL? ( ie. Protective styling, low heat, stretching relaxers, vitamins, etc)

*Mega-Tek (mixed with aloe vera and EO)
*Sulfur oil mix
*Protective styling & Low-Heat
*Exercise 4-5 days/week
*Multivitamin, MSM & Whey Protein Isolate
*Wash hair 1x week & DC

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? (ie. treat urself to a flat iron or blow out and swang it til u get whiplash, wear it out more, stay disciplined and focused on MBL and WL, etc)

Stay disciplined...

Attached: picnew year.jpg

Last edited:
I am apart of this challenge and feel like I have pretty much made it to BSL based on the pic in my siggy. I am going to focus on the MBL.

Getting to full healthy MBL will be new for me. I need about 3 to 3.5 inches to claim it.

Happy growing to everybody else apart of this challenge!

So I just had my hubby measure the distance from my current length...it's only about 2 1/2" away from APL and 5 1/2" from BSL! That's definately do-able in 2012, right?? I want to reach BSL SOOO bad! It's my dream hair length...not saying that I'd stop there when I get there though. I've realized my hair thrives when in protective/low manipulation styles. I have no problem with growth, my problem is retaining. Plus I have dye on the ends of my hair so it needs extra TLC that I wasn't paying attention to previously and I suffered alot of breakage Question: Are there any low manipulation/PS styles that I can do with my natural hair without adding hair? I've been wearing twists that I redo once a week for the last couple months and although my hair is doing glorious things like this I just can't be bothered with them anymore once the Twist challenge I'm in is over at the end of this month.

So I just had my hubby measure the distance from my current length...it's only about 2 1/2" away from APL and 5 1/2" from BSL! That's definately do-able in 2012, right?? I want to reach BSL SOOO bad! It's my dream hair length...not saying that I'd stop there when I get there though. I've realized my hair thrives when in protective/low manipulation styles. I have no problem with growth, my problem is retaining. Plus I have dye on the ends of my hair so it needs extra TLC that I wasn't paying attention to previously and I suffered alot of breakage Question: Are there any low manipulation/PS styles that I can do with my natural hair without adding hair? I've been wearing twists that I redo once a week for the last couple months and although my hair is doing glorious things like this I just can't be bothered with them anymore once the Twist challenge I'm in is over at the end of this month.

I hear you on those colored ends. I'm ready to just chop mine off and be done :nono: But those 2in have grown near and dear to my heart lol.

Have you tried updos for a PS? You can do them with or without flat or two strand twists. I can't flat twists or cornrow to save my life, and I'm tired of two strand twists. So I'm pretty lazy and end up bunning most days. I'm currently in 2 french braids for the week. You could try braidouts/twistouts, those are low manipulation too. I'm excited to try a braidout once I gain some more length.

@msstokes2008
Thanks. I've been doing some web surfing and found updos to be adorable when done with a flexirod set. I think I am going to try that once I get some rods.

we're almooooost there! i'm soooo ready to get on the BSL train. i know i'm gonna make it in 2012 and this is the first year ive felt that way. the back area is actually quite close to BSL now (maybe 1.5 inches?), but i'm working to get the other parts of my head there, too. sooo i'll probably be in this all year. i'm excited to get it going.

With shrinkage I'll probaby be at SL or CBL. Currently I am at CBL when stretched but at mid-neck with shrinkage. So I'm assuming that I'll be around SL or CBL with shrinkage when I am BSL stretched, right?

Nothing in me wants to flat iron... Which is so much different from last year. I couldnt WAIT to flat iron for the end of the year. I think I'm getting use to not seeing the full length of my hair.

Nothing in me wants to flat iron... Which is so much different from last year. I couldnt WAIT to flat iron for the end of the year. I think I'm getting use to not seeing the full length of my hair.

KurlyNinja I'm feeling the same way! I have no drive to see my hair straight, I'm lazy. Maybe after I reach Mid-backish. I don't even wanna do length checks anymore.

Last edited:
hmm from the picture I just took it seems I only have about 1.5-2 inches until the top of bsl,.but id like to get to the bottom so add like another 2in so 4 total in so hopefully by my 21st birthday (august 26) I can be slangin some bsl hair!

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story?
I've never had bsl hair before, so Id really like to reach this goal.

Pic attached. I think apl?

Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning? Natural

I plan to put the flatiron down and roller set and do braid outs/ twist outs 97% of the year. I also plan to cowash about 2-3 times a week. And wash and dc once.

if I make it by my birthday I will straighten and wear it like that for my birthday/beginning of senior year, just whippin it around. If not I'll still straighten.

I'm so excited to begin!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1324226632559.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324226632559.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 53
What is your goal date for BSL? - June 2012

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? -
I've signed up for the BSL '10 BSL '11, and now BSL '12. I always tend to cut my hair and have some minor setbacks. I've hit APL....but not sure if i'm there cause I rarely take photos (DENIAL) but i'm back on my hair game.

Whats your current length? -Floating around APL

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL? -Kinky Curly Shampoo & Leave - In, UBH, Hydra Therm Moist Cond. -High Bun (inspiration from NikkStar)

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? -
VACATION to Playa del Carmen

I'm IN.

12-31-12

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? I used to be BSB in the wee ages of my youth, so this will be my first revisit in about 13 years. THAT and I apparently made it to APL much sooner than I anticipated so here I am.

Grazing APL. I'm not claiming it quite yet, but I'm so close I can taste it :lick:

Relaxed

-Wash every 3-4 days
-DC 1-2x a week
-Moisturize when needed
-PS like it's nobody's business
-Stretch relaxers every 24 weeks
-Take my vitamins daily
-Minimal direct heat
-Be nice to my hair

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? Throw a party, then make plans for how to get to MBL

My starting pic will come at the end of the month. Oooor when I get bored again lol.

I'll join. It seems that BSL has eluded me again this year. I was supposed to get there since last year. I am feeling very discouraged right now.

I will update around January 1 with pictures and everything.

Last edited:
I guess I need to take a seat here too. Didn't quite make it this year. I will post a pic as soon as DH will be still long enough to take one.

yay !!! im in :spinning: lets go ladies!

What is your goal date for BSL? um...don't know lets say december to not be disapointed and give me time.

i used to have long hair being little. i stopped relaxing my hair in december 2007 (the last one, gave me burns) so i just stopped. Trying to acheive the beautiful hair i had young, but as an adult i want it bad!!!!gonna people it is possible (collegues and friends think black = never long hair)

current length: im between sl and apl (some layers at apl)

my hair is : natural

im gonna get back to :
- pre oil + shampoo with moisturising poo
- deep condition (1 week with protein the other week moisture)
- seal with shea and other oils. + oiling scalp with my mixturesgood oils
- Massage scalp at least every 2 days
- workoutto make the blood flow all over the body well
- EAT WELL of course (i started that 3 years ago) + lots of water.
-vitamins
-less stress ,more rest/sleep.

What do you plan to do once you make BSL? : Ill swang it out first till i get whiplash!! :grin: THEN focuse on MBL and WL, etc)

here is my starting pic (taken today) : LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:yep:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Im in it to win it plan to go hard. applied this garlic mix to my hair co washed with hairveda 24/7 moist nice....applied whipped ends as leave in sealed with vatika frosting. BSL I see you on the horizon I'm on my way!!!

Can you please ADD me to this challenge?? :grin::grin:

I am shooting for BSL by June 2012

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story?
This will be the longest my hair has ever been in my entire life. I want to - no, I NEED to - prove to my family that it CAN be done.
BSB (below shoulder blade)
RELAXED
  • Wash weekly, alternating between protein and moisture
  • Joined the Hairfinity Challenge
  • Joined the Strong Roots Challenge
  • Protective Styling Daily
  • Full head Nupur Henna, Monthly
  • Relaxer every 4months
  • Moisturize and Seal daily
  • Whole-head baggy 3x's per week

Once I get to BSL, I will be focused on my final goal of MBL.

Starting pic is my avatar and signature.

Last edited:
I'm taking my new starting point pic this week! I'm excited to see if any change is visible since Oct.

Back