BSL 2010 Challenge

Checking in ladies. Still doing lots of twists & up dos. I trimmed my hair this past Tuesday & i have no idea if i'm even close to BSL at this point! I'm still hoping for a nice surprise when I finally straighten my hair for that length check.

Where is everybody? I had a difficult time searching for this thread! OMG! Anyhow, I think I may have reached my goal of being BSB/BSL by Sept. 30, I just haven't properly checked yet. As soon as I do, I will chime in!!!

All my updates are the same. Still wearing my weave. Still counting the days until I take it out just to put it back in. I'll definitely have pic updates at the end of the year.

Hi, Im in
My regimen:
Shampoo/co-wash once a week, dc once a week, protein treatment 2x per month, moisturize and seal daily, relax every 10-12wks, protective styling 95% of the time, dust ends as needed, vitamins, lots of water, add oils such as coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil to my deep condtioners

My products:
Keracare, Silk Elements, jbco, hbco, nexxus, vo5, and evoo,evco, and avo oil

My starting length: apl

My goal length: bsl by dec 2010, midterm goal mbl dec 2011, and longterm goal wl by dec 2012

Hello Ladies,

I am so glad we have new people in this challenge. I am also so happy many of the challengers have reached their goals.

I hope by the years end we can have a lot of graduates ;)

3 Months to go! I'm hoping I get the 1' I need to reach the top of my bra strap. I would love 2' which would be on my strap. I got my extensions on Friday and plan to keep them in until early Dec.

grow hair grow !!!!!!!

3 Months to go! I'm hoping I get the 1' I need to reach the top of my bra strap. I would love 2' which would be on my strap. I got my extensions on Friday and plan to keep them in until early Dec.

grow hair grow !!!!!!!

wow we have 3 months left already! i also have my weave in and i plan to take this install out on Sunday. Then i'm installing my bobraz on my bday (the 25th) and i "plan" to keep it in until the new year. I doubt i'll make it to BSL by Dec 31st. But i'm really pushing for BSB. I'm still taking my Hairfinity Vitamins (yesterday made it 1 month). Hopefully this will give me a little push. (crossing fingers) I saw about 3/4 of an inch of new growth before i hit my 1 month post-relaxer mark...i'm totally excited!!!

Happy hair growing ladies....let's push..push...PUSH!

hey guys. i have update pics!!!

march 9, 2010
102_0952-vi.jpg

june 4, 2010 -- trim that turned into a cut
102_1185-vi.jpg

october 5, 2010 -- back after my setback :)
102_1835-vi.jpg

i am officially claiming BSB, and i definitely think i can be full BSL by december. thanks for looking!

march 9, 2010

i am officially claiming BSB, and i definitely think i can be full BSL by december. thanks for looking!

CONGRATS ON MAKING BSB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay::alcoholic:clapping:WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! LOL

Hi Ladies,

To curb my urge to flatiron prematurely this season my hair is cornrowed. I can do next to nothing with it! After being on my HHJ for 3+ yrs and never letting anybody touch my hair I gave in last Saturday & had my cousin braid my hair! ...uhhhhm it was traumatic but not as bad as I thought cause i'm considering have her do another style in 2 weeks! LOL!

I'm so close to BSL I can taste it! HHG y'all!

wow we have 3 months left already! i also have my weave in and i plan to take this install out on Sunday. Then i'm installing my bobraz on my bday (the 25th) and i "plan" to keep it in until the new year. I doubt i'll make it to BSL by Dec 31st. But i'm really pushing for BSB. I'm still taking my Hairfinity Vitamins (yesterday made it 1 month). Hopefully this will give me a little push. (crossing fingers) I saw about 3/4 of an inch of new growth before i hit my 1 month post-relaxer mark...i'm totally excited!!!

Happy hair growing ladies....let's push..push...PUSH!

Nope 2 months and change ladies no adding extra days :lachen:

march 9, 2010
102_0952-vi.jpg

102_1185-vi.jpg

102_1835-vi.jpg

Absolutely Beautiful :D :kiss3: :congrats:

Goodluck to eveyone who is have met and surpass BSL. We still have a good two months left. We can do it.

Im still in the fight. I think I have 1-2 inches for it to touch and another 1-2 inches for it go to pass BSL. Im shooting for Febraury.,

MAJOR SETBACK! ...at least to me it is. See post #1932 :) I kept those cornrows for about 10 days and then felt the need to wash (not just rinse as I had been doing). Well, my whole front hairline had broken off AND (just an estimate) I lost about 3-4 inches of length throughout my entire head!

I blame it on the gel. I had been piling gel on top of gel to tame my hair line DAILY!! It wasn't even my usual plain ol Aloe Vera it was Ecostyler Olive Oil gel chock full of HYDROLIZED PROTEIN!!

Several things went wrong with my braids from the GIT.

1. After being on my HHJ grind for 3+ yrs and NEVER letting anybody touch my hair..I let cousin Ingrid braid it.

2. After being unconcerned about friz and flyaways for-like-EVER I suddenly became insane about taming my hair line (WTH??)

3. GEL...Why did I use it? I KNOW the evils of gel.

So all this to say: I was so close to my goal and now with one hairdo I have jeopardized it! I am now apologizing to my hair profusely by way of lot's of Dcing ( I repurchased my beloved Alter Ego) and extremely gentle care. We'll see just how much I have accomplished or lost at my year end length check.

MAJOR SETBACK! ...at least to me it is. See post #1932 :) I kept those cornrows for about 10 days and then felt the need to wash (not just rinse as I had been doing). Well, my whole front hairline had broken off AND (just an estimate) I lost about 3-4 inches of length throughout my entire head!

I blame it on the gel. I had been piling gel on top of gel to tame my hair line DAILY!! It wasn't even my usual plain ol Aloe Vera it was Ecostyler Olive Oil gel chock full of HYDROLIZED PROTEIN!!

Several things went wrong with my braids from the GIT.

1. After being on my HHJ grind for 3+ yrs and NEVER letting anybody touch my hair..I let cousin Ingrid braid it.

2. After being unconcerned about friz and flyaways for-like-EVER I suddenly became insane about taming my hair line (WTH??)

3. GEL...Why did I use it? I KNOW the evils of gel.

So all this to say: I was so close to my goal and now with one hairdo I have jeopardized it! I am now apologizing to my hair profusely by way of lot's of Dcing ( I repurchased my beloved Alter Ego) and extremely gentle care. We'll see just how much I have accomplished or lost at my year end length check.

@ discodumpling,so sorry to hear about your setback. I hope you are able to get the breakage under control. With a little tlc and deep conditioning you should back on track in no time.

hey Ladies I am sorry for hearing of a set back DD
Nayna yes you are very close, Ladies no giving up at this point we still have 2 more months to go and I am not giving up. So lets get the last days of 2010 crunch time. :)

I love Alter ego garlic, your hair will love you and forgive you with that conditioner.

I am going to try my hand at BKT, I only invested in the 2 oz. so If I hate it so be it but my hair loves protein :yep:

9 Weeks Left ladies and I want you all to continue to keep up all the great habits and regimens we got going on. :)

Congratulations :congrats: Luvlilocks :)

I am so Glad you've reached this challenge goal this year, with time to spare you can still reach your next stop :) BSL ;)

Okay, Ladies!

I started this challenge at 22 inches and now I'm 25 inches. I'm there!! Since I'm not using heat on my transitioning hair, please take my word for it otherwise I can simply bombard you with pics of major shrinkage (ugh!!).

I'm off to focus on my MBL goal for December 2011. Sure, it's a lot of time. But, since I'm transitioning, I'm also focusing on the texture of my hair!!

I love you all for your support and keep up the good work! You're amazing.

Back