BSL 2010 Challenge

Baddison I think you can head on over to the MBL challenge you won't be in the BSL challenge very long so..... Head on over to MBL 2011 you got that :yep:

Wipe those tears, your hair is growing and beautiful. U should come wing it with us Hide your hair gals for a session or two :)

Cool!! Sounds like a plan!! See you there.

thanks for all the encouragement ladies :bighug:

LETS DO THIS!! :yay:

That's the spirit @Baddison!!! I just saw your pic and your hair looks much thicker and healthier!!! I agree with JJ- the Hide Your Hair Challenge is really a godsend for many of us!!!

BSL 2010 is a fail for me.

These pics are from Oct 31st.2010 I will straighten for XMAS and that will be my final pic for the year so this is pretty much a place holder.

2010_10310038.jpg

Barely APL after a stressful year & a major setback. Oct.31st 2010.

2010_10310031.jpg

A small trim to even up the front. See through hair from setback.

2010_10310038.jpg

Oct.31st...let's see what it looks like on Dec.25th :grin:

2010_12270086.jpg

This is what I eneded up with:ohwell:

I had to trim to just above APL & this is on lightly flat ironed hair.

On a positive note my braidout is hanging better these days!
2010_12270013.jpg

This is from 7 or 8 plaits.

2010_12270022.jpg

Last edited:
Well I didn't make it this year so I'll be in the next year's bsl challenge

Attachments

• DSCN2125.JPG
    DSCN2125.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN2126.JPG
    DSCN2126.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN2123.JPG
    DSCN2123.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 22
It looks good to me too :) :yep:

2011 is coming on quick. I am tempted to try Argan Oil Sulfate free shampoo as I need a good lathering shampoo that is sulfate free for real not with hidden surfactants by another name :yep: LOL

It looks good to me too :) :yep:

2011 is coming on quick. I am tempted to try Argan Oil Sulfate free shampoo as I need a good lathering shampoo that is sulfate free for real not with hidden surfactants by another name :yep: LOL

I know I was looking at that too. I don't know if you have a CVS store in your area. CVS brand Shampoo is an excellent moisturing shampoo. Its also sulfate free as well. Its very moisurizing. Its their version of Aveeno Nourish Moisturize Shampoo.

I know I was looking at that too. I don't know if you have a CVS store in your area. CVS brand Shampoo is an excellent moisturing shampoo. Its also sulfate free as well. Its very moisurizing. Its their version of Aveeno Nourish Moisturize Shampoo.

Aww thanks so much sis, I will definitely look into this; I really need a great lathering sulfate free for those how do you say, needing suds moments. Otherwise Hair one is my one, But sometimes I need that sudsing.

Aww thanks so much sis, I will definitely look into this; I really need a great lathering sulfate free for those how do you say, needing suds moments. Otherwise Hair one is my one, But sometimes I need that sudsing.

I really need to pick up some Hair In one. Im going to pick up a sample size and go from there. However I have cut down to only the products that I need and its feels good.

Yes it does feel so very good to not be buying every product named LOL.

I have so much right now I don't need anything else.

YET, I find my hair is greedy as heck now, it wants more product LOLOLOL

Yes it does feel so very good to not be buying every product named LOL.

I have so much right now I don't need anything else.

YET, I find my hair is greedy as heck now, it wants more product LOLOLOL

That's what happes when your hair is as long and luxurious as yours my dear :yep: :yep:

Whats wrong with your update. Why you down. Looks good to me, also keep in mind, you only have half of your hair down too. Congrats!!! BE happy and lets celebrate!!!!

Thank you, thank you! :thankyou: You ladies are awesome! :bighug: Feeling better already, and looking forward to wonderful growth in 2011!!

I am trowing in the towel for bsl by dec 2010. I didn't meet my that goal but achieved a fuller healthier head of hair. I stretched for 26 weeks by using extension braids. I relaxed on Wednesday and got a good trim/ more like cut loll. But the end results was amazing.

June 2010 retouch
a6890a44-12e5-2577.jpg

Dec 2010 retouch
a6890a44-132c-4c2b.jpg

I am about 2 1/2 inches away from
Full bsl. Hopefully by my next retouch in May 2011 I'll be there.

Happy growing and all the best for 2011.

@ojemba :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: Your hair looks thick and healthy! I think you should head on over to the MBL 2011 Challenge because it's coming :yep: :yep:

Update time: I came close but I'm not quite there. I need a good inch so I'll claim BSB. This is the longest that my hair has EVER been but I'm not excited like I thought I'd be. BSB is so anti-climatic. :ohwell:

Last edited:
Update time: I came close but I'm not quite there. I need a good inch so I'll claim BSB. This is the longest that my hair has EVER been but I'm not excited like I thought I'd be. BSB is so anti-climatic. :ohwell:

That is funny you say that BSB is anti-climatic for me as well. I am not there all the way I need about 2inches but I thought I would be jumping up and down. THIS IS THE LONGEST MY HAIR HAS EVER BEEN and yet I am like uhhhhhhh ok maybe I will get excited at MBL, we shall see.

Co-signing...Welcome to the Wacky World of Hairnorexia!!!! You are definitely BSB so :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: my dear!!!!

Yes Lou Lou your already BSB

SouthernStunner your absolutely right, I am like maybe I should try for WL/HL in between length Hmmmmm.

I just want it to hang a decent length! HL is too longh but right at WL seems to be meh to me! Seems to need an extra inch or two LOL!

Janet no denying that, your absolutely right.

Yesterday I was like I use to Prior to cutting feel my hair was long. NOw it is like No, it's okay, I definitely want WL maybe Full WL will be better. I want my braid out's tight. :)

I am ultra excited for next year ;)

Ojemba - I think you wear your bra really low - from the pics it looks like you are right at BSB. Where you bra sits looks like MBL to me.

I never posted pictures here - internet stalker always finds me-but this year I wigged it past APL and I am now 3/4 inch from BSL. Wanted to thank those that do post regularly about what works/doesn't work. I'm sure I speak for many on the sidelines that have learned a lot (even for someone who didn't have problem growing hair but finding new products as the texture has changed).

Congrats to all that have reached their goals! For those that fell short don't be discouraged just hang in there. As long as your hair is not back to your ears its progress! Keep on growing ladies and Happy New Year!

I'll be unofficially in the MBL/WL 2011 threads (if I can get cousin to take my picture with no face I'll officially join).

Ojemba - I think you wear your bra really low - from the pics it looks like you are right at BSB. Where you bra sits looks like MBL to me.

I never posted pictures here - internet stalker always finds me-but this year I wigged it past APL and I am now 3/4 inch from BSL. Wanted to thank those that do post regularly about what works/doesn't work. I'm sure I speak for many on the sidelines that have learned a lot (even for someone who didn't have problem growing hair but finding new products as the texture has changed).

Congrats to all that have reached their goals! For those that fell short don't be discouraged just hang in there. As long as your hair is not back to your ears its progress! Keep on growing ladies and Happy New Year!

I'll be unofficially in the MBL/WL 2011 threads (if I can get cousin to take my picture with no face I'll officially join).

What a nice sentiment!

I didn't make it either, but I'm not sad cause I know it will be here soon. I'm BSB, so I feel like I have to get to Full BSB and then BSL then full BSL. Some of my strands are touching my bra but since its not full I'm not claimmin it. I feel that this challenge and wonderful ladies here have helped me to get a full head of hair and have helped me keep it healthy. So I'm happy and greatful that its healthy but I am determined to make it by the end of next Spring. No matter what.

Yes Lou Lou your already BSB

SouthernStunner your absolutely right, I am like maybe I should try for WL/HL in between length Hmmmmm.

I just want it to hang a decent length! HL is too longh but right at WL seems to be meh to me! Seems to need an extra inch or two LOL!

That's what I'm thinking. I can already foresee me not being completely happy with WL. I'm thinking that I'll grow it an inch past WL and then REALLY be done. :look: I just added an extra year to my length journey. Uggh!

Back