BSL 2010 Challenge

Hi everyone,

I haven't been posting on the forum lately pretty much not at all I've been mostly lurking and than when my motivation pick up to do so there was so many issues going on, slow loading pages than down time for the weekend but I'm still hanging in, I'm not sure if I'll make the goal of BSL by December but I'm still going to hang in there because overall I'm very happy with my progress. About a month or so ago, I committed to a regi of Chaz Dean's Wen in fig and have been loving how my hair has has been looking and feeling as a result of my switch, so if I don't make it in Dec, I should be there shortly after, I'm thinking that I really only need about an inch and a half to two inches more length to gain so I'm not too bummed because my overall hair health has improved dramatically and I'd say that is more important.

OKAY IS IT ME or IS @ THE PRINCESS already BSL and she FRONTIN!!!!!

:congrats: :) :) :)

Yeah!

2 more inches you look like you will be Brushing MBL!

HAHA, not funny.:drunk: School work been overloading my brain lately. Okay, I unwrapped my hair and put on another bra and my hair indeed was on my bra.

It was the bra I had on prior to. Which sit, very low on my back.

WOW it feels really good.

Hi everyone,

I haven't been posting on the forum lately pretty much not at all I've been mostly lurking and than when my motivation pick up to do so there was so many issues going on, slow loading pages than down time for the weekend but I'm still hanging in, I'm not sure if I'll make the goal of BSL by December but I'm still going to hang in there because overall I'm very happy with my progress. About a month or so ago, I committed to a regi of Chaz Dean's Wen in fig and have been loving how my hair has has been looking and feeling as a result of my switch, so if I don't make it in Dec, I should be there shortly after, I'm thinking that I really only need about an inch and a half to two inches more length to gain so I'm not too bummed because my overall hair health has improved dramatically and I'd say that is more important.

Im sure you are closer than what you think. Post a pic.

How is that WEN, does it add build up to the hair, or make it feel sticky in some way. I been wanting to try it.

I am taking a LHCF Break :)
I will put in my phone to post on Thursdays, I will check here in the last week; so this is my book mark to come back and read :D Thanks Ladies :) and Good Luck to all!

Hiya everyone, I did a pre-relaxer treatment on Saturday & relaxed on Sunday. Very pleased with the results, and I'm gonna go ahead and claim bsb now :grin:

Attachments

• Luvlilocks [Nov.22.2010]-1 (480x640).jpg
    Luvlilocks [Nov.22.2010]-1 (480x640).jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Luvlilocks [Nov.22.2010]-2 (480x640).jpg
    Luvlilocks [Nov.22.2010]-2 (480x640).jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Luvlilocks [Nov.22.2010]-3 (480x640).jpg
    Luvlilocks [Nov.22.2010]-3 (480x640).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 22
HAHA, not funny.:drunk: School work been overloading my brain lately. Okay, I unwrapped my hair and put on another bra and my hair indeed was on my bra.

It was the bra I had on prior to. Which sit, very low on my back.

WOW it feels really good.
girl, that's why BSB is so helpful. you're definitely BSL...i can see that from the itty bitty thumbnail! congrats!

i think i am finally BSL, but i won't know until i get my hair straightened next month. i've been bunning out of sheer laziness, so hopefully that has done some good and my ends are still intact. i trimmed after my last update pics in october and i hope i don't have to do it again come december.

How is that WEN, does it add build up to the hair, or make it feel sticky in some way. I been wanting to try it.

Thanks for the encouragement...
Here is where I am as of October 1

10-20-10.jpg so still a good ways to go, but I am pretty happy with where I currently am.

Re: Wen it did take some tweaking for me...and now I feel like I have found what works best for me, so at this point I'm not 100% shampoo-less. I still chelate every couple of weeks and I use my Aritha (Ayurvedic shampoo) bar as my first wash when I get into the shower than continue my process with the fig products. I've tried sweet almond mint but I find that fig works the best for me. One of the other things that I have learned is to throughly rinse my hair when I'm done with very warm water before my final cool water rinse. All of these things together has got me back on track.

Last edited:
My Pleasure, You earned it :)

Why Thanks Nayna, How is every thing coming along?

Thanks for asking! Lol, one side of my hair is sitting tight at BSB the other, not quite. It's very close though. I've decided not to trim it so that I can give this lead hair thing a shot. I feel like it's going to fill out soon. My ends aren't bad at all so I'm pleased with my progress.

Hi Ladies! I think I've made it to BSL! I was discouraged after the major trim in July, but I think I'm back to BSL (probably a little bit shy of it) but I'm gonna claim it anyway :spinning:. Thanks for all of the great tips and encouragement along the way.

111810.jpg

I absolutely LOVE Wen...I have been using it exclusively for the past 11 months and my hair loves it!

Hi Ladies! I think I've made it to BSL! I was discouraged after the major trim in July, but I think I'm back to BSL (probably a little bit shy of it) but I'm gonna claim it anyway :spinning:. Thanks for all of the great tips and encouragement along the way.

111810.jpg

Your hair looks Beautiful!!!! Congrats!

Hey, Ladies. I went to the Dominican Salon yesterday and it was an experience. Started out bad ended good.

When I walked in I was greeted immediately and told to go to the shampoo basin. Well first off, she was pretty much scrubbing my scalp, which she did three times. I did tell her to calm down. Which she did.
She asked what type of conditioner I wanted, I told her a deep conditioner, under the steamer. Well water was dripping all down my face. I had to keep wiping my face. They don't use plastic caps. I guess thats why they gave me the towel.
Once complete, I went back to the shampoo bowl, she added more conditioner and rinsed. She then tried to comb the conditioner through my hair, it didn't work, I told her to stop. Cause she was combing, while looking outside. Just being forceful and not paying attention She got mad of course.
We then moved to her chair. She attempted to detangle my hair again. Ladies, she took the big comb, put all my hair together and trying to comb. The comb kept getting stuck. I told her she has to part my hair and detangle. She stated "Mommie, I know what im doing" Hair all in the comb, (Shedded hair) She did it again, then I felt snap, crackle, pop. This time, I got up and took the comb from hair and detangle my hair myself, I parted in small parts and detangle. She was watching and shaking her head. (Like I don't know what im doing) Another older lady came over, and helped out. She started parting my hair and slowly detangling. I then sat down. She then continued. The other lady, had the nerve to come back, to rollerset my hair, I told her NO, and let the new lady do it.
I used to grey rollers and let her blow out my roots and wrapped it and went hom. My hair was very beautiful, body, shiny, and straight.

What was funny, was when I was under the dryer, the other black lady, stated, she was rough with my hair and good thing I stopped her. I told her, I came to far, to let someone who don't care about my hair, ripped through it.

I share this story to say. Don't let anyone F***, up your hair, stand up and say something. Its your hair, they don't care.

Im just going to do my own hair, including roller set. Which I will be doing in two weeks. I will only go to my own beatucian for relaxers and need to basics.
I did try them out, but its not worth it. I know my hair is rough, but im not paying you to damage my hair. I can do that myself.

Last edited:
As I am sitting here with my henna in for the night and watching Tabatha's salon takeover. I was sitting thinking about which challenges I was in.. I know that tap into bsl but I realize I was suppose to be in APL.. well I am happy to say that I made it to APL. I really keep it really simple. with co washing 1 x a week since the winter as set in and I use hairveda whipped creme ends hydration. I use it every night and then plait my hair into 3 and then cover it with a silk scarf for the night. I take my plaits out before my shower and let the steam get to it and fluff it out and if a have a frizz problem I use a little mixed chicks leave in to managed that.
I have learned to stick with what works. and this is what works for me. and now I can see my hair grow like it use to when I was younger.
sorry i could not post pictures but I am so in love with my hair.

Whoohoooo....my last relaxer for the year, and last length check shots are due in just a few weeks. :clapping:

Did I make BSL? :scratchch: Even just touching it would be a ray of hope.

To Be Continued... :reddancer:

Well....according to latest progress shots, I still did not make BSL :wallbash:

I will upload my EndOfYear relaxer results shortly. Although I am please with the thickness I am gaining with each strecth, I am bummed out that I am not making these goals on time....*sigh*

Someone point me to the BSL BY 2011 thread.... :cry:

Not for nothing Baddison, but your hair looks like it has filled out tremendously. That's an accomplishment in itself!

Well....according to latest progress shots, I still did not make BSL :wallbash:

I will upload my EndOfYear relaxer results shortly. Although I am please with the thickness I am gaining with each strecth, I am bummed out that I am not making these goals on time....*sigh*

Someone point me to the BSL BY 2011 thread.... :cry:

Don't be sad. You have made beautiful progress. :yep: I too have come to the conclusion that I will not make BSL this year. However I refuse to stress over it. I'm just enjoying the progress I have made this year. Don't worry so much about putting a time frame on it. Just go with the flow. I expect to be there by the end of Feb.2011.

Baddison I think you can head on over to the MBL challenge you won't be in the BSL challenge very long so..... Head on over to MBL 2011 you got that :yep:

Wipe those tears, your hair is growing and beautiful. U should come wing it with us Hide your hair gals for a session or two :)

Back