BSL 2010 Challenge

Checking in: I have 1 inch to go to reach bsl (the top), I need a total of 4 inches to reach the bottom of bsl. Once I gain that inch I'll post pictures in my spread T-Shirt.

Keep it growing ladies:yep:

-hhg

Hi Ladies,

I'm still low manipulation and protective styling. I haven't done a length check in a month and a half and I was pretty close (like 1/2 inch from my bra strap)...Since I'm in the Curly till Christmas Challenge and Hide Your Hair Challenge, I won't be doing a straight length check anytime soon...Happy Hair Growing Ladies!

Attachments

• Pony rollerset.jpg
    Pony rollerset.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Pony rollerset 2.jpg
    Pony rollerset 2.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 8
^^^Janet, i am SO loving your curly 'do's!!!!

thank you for the pics and please keep them coming!!!

so y'all better tell me something....

some of you may remember that stupid SHS who cut my hair back in june. i was so distraught, as i was grazing BSB and she cut me back to full APL before i even got the chance to take a pic :lachen: here is the pic i took the next day when i unwrapped my hair and saw the damage:
102_1189-vi.jpg

i know i'm not supposed to be doing length checks until next month, but tonight curiosity got the best of me and i did an unofficial one. i can't tell whether i am BSB or not, and i know it's simply because i am 1) in disbelief that my hair grew back so quickly and 2) MUCH better at telling what length other people are than i am looking at my OWN head. i think that is the bottom of my shoulder blade right above the top of my bra, but i couldn't tell for sure without bending into a contortionist-like pose. so ladies, what do you think? am i BSB? regardless of the answer, i no longer feel so anxious about making BSL by my birthday in october!
102_1756-vi.jpg

^^^i'd say it lloks like BSB, but will wait to hear what JJ and others have to say, since i'm still kind of a newbie.

it's grown quickly and that's a fact so congratulations!!!

Its def below your shoulder blade! (BSB)

I would say you are BSL already, especially considering that your hair hasnt been flatironed in this pic.

^^^i'd say it lloks like BSB, but will wait to hear what JJ and others have to say, since i'm still kind of a newbie.

it's grown quickly and that's a fact so congratulations!!!
thanks. i'm seriously boggled as to how it grew back so quickly. i measured again this morning, and i got about 3 inches since june 5th. that's not even quite 3 months.

i need to figure out what made my hair grow like that and bottle it....LOL

I haven't updated in a while but I am claiming bsl. My hair reaches the bottom of the bra when I stretch it. Since this TX heat will not allow me to flatiron, I won't do an official update until November for my "3 years of relaxer free-ness".

thanks. i'm seriously boggled as to how it grew back so quickly. i measured again this morning, and i got about 3 inches since june 5th. that's not even quite 3 months.

i need to figure out what made my hair grow like that and bottle it....LOL

hi Lilsparkle! you sure said that right! you need to bottle whatever it was because it is surely working!
did you keep a hair journal? that might help you to figure out what it is.
i know it's tough when our hair spurts off and we're trying to figure out how it happened, lol, because that's happened to me before, so i started logging what i did and used each day.

I haven't updated in a while but I am claiming bsl. My hair reaches the bottom of the bra when I stretch it. Since this TX heat will not allow me to flatiron, I won't do an official update until November for my "3 years of relaxer free-ness".

cONGRATULATIONS Jreagins!!! but, hey, if your hair reaches the BOTTOM of your bra strap, that would be on into MBL territory, according to the charts i've seen! either way, you've made GREAT progress!!!

speaking of relaxers, i had a perming disaster happen. my hair turned out dry as a broomstick!

does anybody have any suggestions on deep moisturizing treatments?

i'm trying everything i know (AO HSR, banana bby food, honey, glycerine, mega tek creame rinse, AO WC, jbco, ecc...) but it still feels like straw.
i've already re-chelated it but it's still impossible to comb.

hi Lilsparkle! you sure said that right! you need to bottle whatever it was because it is surely working!
i know it's tough when our hair spurts off and we're trying to figure out how it happened, lol, because that's happened to me before, so i started logging what i did and used each day.
i have a hair blog, but i don't update it too often nowadays since my hair care is pretty much on autopilot. whenever there is a big change, a big success, or a setback, i blog about THAT. i do know that for the past six weeks, i've been cowashing and wet bunning. this is really the only entry that may shed some light on what happened, but i don't think any of these changes are that drastic.
:whyme:
i just keep thinking about that old, old thread by a user who wet bunned for a year and got from SL to WL by wet bunning. maybe part of this can be attributed to that, since it (and the new leave-in) are really the big changes to my regimen.

i have a hair blog, but i don't update it too often nowadays since my hair care is pretty much on autopilot. whenever there is a big change, a big success, or a setback, i blog about THAT. i do know that for the past six weeks, i've been cowashing and wet bunning. this is really the only entry that may shed some light on what happened, but i don't think any of these changes are that drastic.
:whyme:
i just keep thinking about that old, old thread by a user who wet bunned for a year and got from SL to WL by wet bunning. maybe part of this can be attributed to that, since it (and the new leave-in) are really the big changes to my regimen.

thanks for the info!
do you happen to have the link to the lady who went from SL to WL by wet bunning?
with all the new layout on here now, i know i would not be able to find it.

so y'all better tell me something....

some of you may remember that stupid SHS who cut my hair back in june. i was so distraught, as i was grazing BSB and she cut me back to full APL before i even got the chance to take a pic :lachen: here is the pic i took the next day when i unwrapped my hair and saw the damage:
102_1189-vi.jpg

i know i'm not supposed to be doing length checks until next month, but tonight curiosity got the best of me and i did an unofficial one. i can't tell whether i am BSB or not, and i know it's simply because i am 1) in disbelief that my hair grew back so quickly and 2) MUCH better at telling what length other people are than i am looking at my OWN head. i think that is the bottom of my shoulder blade right above the top of my bra, but i couldn't tell for sure without bending into a contortionist-like pose. so ladies, what do you think? am i BSB? regardless of the answer, i no longer feel so anxious about making BSL by my birthday in october!
102_1756-vi.jpg

BSB and then some awesome growth mylady ;) YOUR DONE HERE! :congrats: MBL here she comes.

cONGRATULATIONS Jreagins!!! but, hey, if your hair reaches the BOTTOM of your bra strap, that would be on into MBL territory, according to the charts i've seen! either way, you've made GREAT progress!!!

WOW! LOL! I never even considered that. Maybe after I do an official length check I'll believe it. but just from stretching it down its already pass the bra. Its like i almost dont want to believe it. Maybe because in my eyes MBL is FINALLY long hair. People tell me that my hair is long now and I dont believe them. hair-rexia I know!

Thanks!! when i look at the bigger picture, I have come a long way!

Last edited:
thanks for the info!
do you happen to have the link to the lady who went from SL to WL by wet bunning?
with all the new layout on here now, i know i would not be able to find it.

i'm trying to find it myself. i knew i should have bookmarked it. i've been searching for two days now for ANY of the wet bun threads and the stupid search keeps telling me "no results found".

WOW! LOL! I never even considered that. Maybe after I do an official length check I'll believe it. but just from stretching it down its already pass the bra. Its like i almost dont want to believe it. Maybe because in my eyes MBL is FINALLY long hair. People tell me that my hair is long now and I dont believe them. hair-rexia I know!

Thanks!! when i look at the bigger picture, I have come a long way!
this is EXACTLY how i feel. my sister took that pic the other night and i was like naahhhhhh......:nono:......this ain't right at ALL....my hair ain't THAT long. probably because (on top of the fact that i didn't think hair could grow that fast,) for whatever reason APL felt really SHORT to me and i said to myself "maybe when i get to BSL it won't feel so short"...and now i'm there....

i can't believe i was praying that i made it by december and i made it EARLY though.....not gonna lie, this is a great feeling.

but uh.....i was looking at your pic the other day and you DO look almost MBL, girl. :grin: and you're not straightening till november? yeah, you'll be there for sure.

i'm trying to find it myself. i knew i should have bookmarked it. i've been searching for two days now for ANY of the wet bun threads and the stupid search keeps telling me "no results found".

i know how frustrating it is with all of the new format here.

i really appreciate your effort though! thanks!

I haven't checked in in a minute. Congratulations to the ladies who made BSL!!! I still have about 3 inches to go. Still using my sulfur mix and my Ayurveda. I tea rinsed yesterday and flat ironed today.

Congratulations to everyone who's on their way to MBL!

I'm still barely scraping BSL. I'm 67 weeks into transitioning and all the lil' trims are making it seem like I'm at a standstill, even though my hair's growing fairly quickly. I planned on cutting a few more inches of relaxed hairin October, but I think I'll try to hold off until the end of the year. I hope to be full BSL in a couple months, if I can stay away from the scissors, lol.

^^^ i hear you!

i don't feel anywhere near BSL and i keep itching to get the sissors out too!

i have pre lhcf ends that simply must come off.

i've been advised to go for the length goals first, though, so i have to be patient.

also because if i get a sissors in my hands, i just might take off more than those pre lhcf ends!

even the bit that my hair has grown until now is a big difference in care, for me.

longer hair means more care and attention which means more time, too.

not to mention the rate at which i go through products now.

when my hair was EL-SL it just took alot longer to go through things than it does now.

the stores must love it though, lol!

I braided my hair yesterday and will be leaving those in for 2 weeks then take them down deep condition and do it i again. :D

I washed my ahair with Hair One Olive Oil, got under the steamer with Motinos CPR, rinsed applied Nexxus Emergencee, rinsed after 4 minutes, Applied Alter Ego garlice Conditioner for 20 minutes under a self heating cap. Rinsed, applied APhogee green tea, Aphogee leave in, Argan oil, got under the dryer for a 90% dry. Applied a splash of new grow in my hands and applled to my hair, Blow dried my hair for about 2 minutes, braided it up and slapped on Vanessa :D

My hair feels strong!

Hi Ladies! Checking in...
Today I had a 1in trim - trying to rid of some of my relaxed ends. I'm really pleased with the health of my hair. I've been wet-bunning (with a few exceptions) the entire summer. I'm thinking of doing braids in October. Currently, I'm about 2in from BSL and I'm really hoping I can gain those last few inches during the next 4 months of 2010. I don't plan to do a small trim again until Jan 2011.
Congrats to all of you who have made BSL and HHG to those of you still on the journey!

Ladies...I have a question and JJ, we've already discussed this, but are you officially out of the challenge once you have claimed BSB (Below Shoulder Blade) or BSL (Bra Strap Length) because they can obviously be two different places?

Ladies...I have a question and JJ, we've already discussed this, but are you officially out of the challenge once you have claimed BSB (Below Shoulder Blade) or BSL (Bra Strap Length) because they can obviously be two different places?

i personally won't bow out till i reach full BSL.

Janet you can stay as long as you want, your officially out December 31, 2010 ;) otherwise when you leave is when your officially out, I would dare not :kick: my pic queen any way. :D you keep the pics in this thread going. :D

Janet you can stay as long as you want, your officially out December 31, 2010 ;) otherwise when you leave is when your officially out, I would dare not :kick: my pic queen any way. :D you keep the pics in this thread going. :D

Aww!!! Thanks JJamiah!!! :bighug: LOL

Ladies, thanks!!! I'm here till Dec 31, 2010!!!!

Back