BSL 2009 CHALLENGE

I guess you can count me in as well. I'm also in the MBL and WL 09' challenges. I expect to be BSL in January of 09'. My length shots are in my siggy pic.

How's it coming ladies?

We're 13 months away from our goal. Most of you will reach this goal before then.
It may take me until Dec. '09 to reach brastrap length, but I'll definitely get there.

Just wanted to update my stats:

1. Completely relaxer free.
2. Transitioning since Oct. 2007
3. Currently at neck length AND growing!!

Bumpity, bump, bump!!

What are your stats?

I think it may actually take me the whole year to reach BSL. Hopefully if I'm more on the conservative side, it will take me by a beautiful surprise if I reach BSL before December of next year. I'm currently full APL and measured this morning, and seems like I have 3.5 - 4 inches to go before I reach the top of BSL. That was a little disappointing since my hair has grown some since joining this challenge. I think I just have a long upper body. I think my regimen for making it to BSL will be bunning and massaging my scalp with Vatika and Rosemary oil. Grrr.....can't wait.

I got a trim and stuff yesterday. I went from a bob to slightly APL in about 8 months with 2 trims in between:perplexed. I got my first chop on January 16, another trim March 29th, and then a self trim in July all in all about 2 inches... IDK how long it will take me to get to BSL. I have a long back. Anywho I uploaded and attached a pic and put a line as to where my brastrap is

Attachments

• bsl goal.JPG
    bsl goal.JPG
    7.6 KB · Views: 18
I feeling confident. I haven't posted new photos yet. Waiting until December. I've been moisturizing and conditioning. Just growing right along.

I will definitely be BSL next year because I am only a half inch away from APL this year, when I'll be bsl next year I have no idea.

Last edited:
How's it coming ladies?

We're 13 months away from our goal. Most of you will reach this goal before then.
It may take me until Dec. '09 to reach brastrap length, but I'll definitely get there.

Just wanted to update my stats:

1. Completely relaxer free.
2. Transitioning since Oct. 2007
3. Currently at neck length AND growing!!

Bumpity, bump, bump!!

What are your stats?

Well, I'm no longer transitioning and got a lye relaxer and a trim this month. I'm not sure whether to claim APL or not. When my hair is wet it is definately APL, and when dry it seems to change length: a bit above my armpit or a bit below :ohwell:.
Either way, I hope I'm be BSL by the end of this challenge.

I'm just checking in.
Here is my starting pic. Not quite APL yet but 10 weeks post.

Attachments

• IMG_0812.jpg
    IMG_0812.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 10
Well, I'm no longer transitioning and got a lye relaxer and a trim this month. I'm not sure whether to claim APL or not. When my hair is wet it is definately APL, and when dry it seems to change length: a bit above my armpit or a bit below :ohwell:.
Either way, I hope I'm be BSL by the end of this challenge.

I love your hair in your siggy....soooooo shiny!

My stats: I made APL Oct. 08, so I'm hoping to be full BSL by end of summer 2009.

HHG!

What's everyones strategy to get to BSL?? I just started my winter regimen. I plan on wash/deep condition and rollerset weekly. Also continue taking my vitamins and doing nightly scalp massages.

Just checking in, My pic will always be in my siggy, I aiming for BSL by April or before. I'm keeping my ends protected all winter and deep conditioner with heat weekly.. Also working out will help with my growth process.

What's everyones strategy to get to BSL?? I just started my winter regimen. I plan on wash/deep condition and rollerset weekly. Also continue taking my vitamins and doing nightly scalp massages.

I'm using sew-ins (w/MT) 2 reach my goal. Oh & I'm taking MSM, Super Biotin, Fo-ti Root & I'm waiting on my Alta Silica delivery.

Wash, Condition, Moisturize and leave my hair alone.

*Repeat*

Good luck ev'rybody...:grin:

I plan to:
  • Pre-poo with oils and do scalp massages also
  • Wash once a week (would like to do twice, but I have no more time :sad: )
  • Deep condition with Hair Mayonnaise after every wash
  • Moisturise/seal daily
  • Wet bunning or braiding and wigs
  • Vitamins: Biotin, MSM, Hair, Skin and Nails Formula
  • Baggy at night
  • Wear satin bonnet to sleep

How could I forget: I'm also going to stretch my relaxer for over 5 months, until March.

I just got a touch up after a near 12 week stretch. I was basically APL but I got a trim and now I still have a ways to go.

I plan to protective style via buns and rollersets to protect my ends from here on out. I will update my siggy pic with the new pics post trim soon.

Back