BSL 2009 CHALLENGE

Okay, I just tried on a bra to check where my hair's length was and guess what? I am about 2.5" from BSL so that means I will make BSL by the end of January or February 2009. It took me 1 year to get from SL to APL and it seems like it's taking me the same length of time to get from APL to BSL.

I wonder if it will take me a year to get to MBL too:rolleyes:. I hope not, cause that means that I won't achieve it until February 2010 and I won't make my goal length for the MBL challenge 2009. Hmmm! Not good. Okay, my mind is made up. I'll braid my hair more for a while to achieve better retention of my hair. That might do it:yep:.

^^^ I have added your names to the challenge. It may take awhile for me to update the list but keep the names coming, I'll get around to updating.

I haven't relax since July 1 and I am going to stretch until November. I wanted to do a 6 month stretch, however the holidays are coming and I know I would not be able to finish my stretch. I hope by November I am APL.

Sign me up...My agressive goal is BSL by April 4, but I'm fairly confident I can get there by the end of June

AAW Thanks Mona :grin:~ Just speaking the truth!! Hurmph! You just might be waist length come December!! :yep: especially if you are touching up.

Ok, now ur pressing it... :lol: But thank you MG for the hair support :hug2:

I'm down for '09. Junonia, please add my name to the new list of challengers. Thread will assist in keeping me from falling off with the hair care.

Thanks much :)

Sign me up!

I'll make BSL in the back by December since I'm very close (less than an inch) but only making APL on the sides and with this last touch up (finally full APL though ;). I'm hoping to be full BSL by June 2009 :)!

I signed up for the APL challenge in 2009 but in order to get there I've got to pass through BSL so count me in!!!

Sweetie you have that backwards.
APL- Armpit Length
BSL- Brastrap Length

You need APL BEFORE BSL. Except if you signed up for MBL or WSL.

Add me too. I did join MBL in 2009 but I think this is more realistic for me. I need to trim agressively with this touch up so we'll see. I'm 16 weeks post at APL so it's definitely doable.

Aggie I love that wig I want one just like that. Isn't fun having people wonder your real length?:grin:

I was APL in January 07 and by time it was June I was 2 inches from BSL. I think it would take about 9 months for me to reach BSL from APL.
I'm thinking the same thing,2. But I'll have a few extra months just n case...

I can't wait to reach BSL. I'll be so excited! :yep: My original goal date was 5/31/09, but now I think I may need until my birthday (9/14/09) for BSL...we'll see.
My b-day is Sept. 24th. That's my goal date 4 BSL.

I'm right @ APL (stretched) n the back now - I'm getting a sew-in b4 the end of the month. I'll be rocking sew-ins & doing OCT/MT the entire time. I will take my sew-in out right b4 my b-day & make some critical decisions - like whether or not I'm going back 2 relaxers (texturizing) or if I'm going 2 do the BKT.

Anyhoo...please add me 2 the list & I wish all of u ladies much success on this challenge. I plan 2 post pics everytime I get my weave redone.

IMG00037-vi.jpg

FYI...I bought a Medium in this shirt so that it would fit tighter 2 my back.

Add me too. I did join MBL in 2009 but I think this is more realistic for me. I need to trim agressively with this touch up so we'll see. I'm 16 weeks post at APL so it's definitely doable.

Aggie I love that wig I want one just like that. Isn't fun having people wonder your real length?:grin:

Girl me too. I just found out that they don't make this style anymore and i was so brokenhearted about that. Thanks girl.

I'm thinking the same thing,2. But I'll have a few extra months just n case...

My b-day is Sept. 24th. That's my goal date 4 BSL.

I'm right @ APL (stretched) n the back now - I'm getting a sew-in b4 the end of the month. I'll be rocking sew-ins & doing OCT/MT the entire time. I will take my sew-in out right b4 my b-day & make some critical decisions - like whether or not I'm going back 2 relaxers (texturizing) or if I'm going 2 do the BKT.

Anyhoo...please add me 2 the list & I wish all of u ladies much success on this challenge. I plan 2 post pics everytime I get my weave redone.

IMG00037-vi.jpg

FYI...I bought a Medium in this shirt so that it would fit tighter 2 my back.

Hi Nakia, where did you order this shirt from? I would need to order it online because I live in the Bahamas.

Last edited:
Hi Nakia, where did you order this shirt from? I would need to order it online because I live in the Bahamas.

Member/moderator Dontspeakdefeat sells them. Check the Hair Exchange forum. I bought mine from her some time ago but just started using it. :rolleyes:

Also, I just thought about it. Southerntease a.k.a. Mane & Chic sells them on her blog/webpage as well. She's taken it 2 another level, though. She has different colors, different places you can place the ruler (i.e. 2 accomodate SL to APL or BSL to WL). She even has tank tops. Don't know if she has a thread in the Hair Exchange forum or not but I think her website is www.southerntease.net. HTH...

Last edited:
Member/moderator Dontspeakdefeat sells them. Check the Hair Exchange forum. I bought mine from her some time ago but just started using it. :rolleyes:

Also, I just thought about it. Southerntease a.k.a. Mane & Chic sells them on her blog/webpage as well. She's taken it 2 another level, though. She has different colors, different places you can place the ruler (i.e. 2 accomodate SL to APL or BSL to WL). She even has tank tops. Don't know if she has a thread in the Hair Exchange forum or not but I think her website is www.southerntease.net. HTH...

Thanks for the link but I sent southerntease a pm last week and she never even reponded, so I don't think I will be going there.....don't want to be a bother to her anymore. I'll check with dontspeakdefeat when I'm ready.

Ok, now ur pressing it... :lol: But thank you MG for the hair support :hug2:

I'm down for '09. Junonia, please add my name to the new list of challengers. Thread will assist in keeping me from falling off with the hair care.

Thanks much :)

Mona you a mess :lachen: I'm glad you got your tail on the list.

It is going to take me a lot longer to reach BSL. I am struggling to reach APL. I have about an inch to go. I was hoping to be APL by December now I will have to push it back to March. I am so frustrated:wallbash:

Back