~*~*Break Out Your Castor Oil - 2010 Edition~*~*

I think sometimes castor oil can be runny depending on the brands, most CO has about a 2+ shelf life ( I have a bottle on indian co and it will expire in 2011). You could try using just a little on your fingertips and rubbing it in very gently, when you get your JBCO it is much thicker and will work out.

i really didn't know much about an expiration date for co, also cuz i think i'd use it way b4 that, but it really shouldn't be runny.....
it's actually one of the thickest oils out there.....

today i put my overnight jbco treatment on w/my dc.
will "wash" it out tomorrow w/ayurvedic powders....

HHG ladies!

Apologies for the late posting of my pic. I actually did take the pic before the deadline but I am traveling at the mo for Valentines day (in Paris) and so have not had connectivity to upload my pic. Anyway I will add it to my original post.

Thanks ! :grin:

Queen is your applicator bottle a fine tip? Mine is and my oil is too thick for alot to come out at once. Just what I need comes out and I love that.

I am so upset! I ordered a bottle from jamaicanblackcastoroil.com because the shipping was a bit cheaper and i haven't received it yet! I ordered on 1/20!!! I have sent emails and called but product! I am giving them to wednesday and I dont get my product by wednesday...........UGH!

Just checking in with you ladies. Still waiting for my JBCO to arrive. Using home health CO in the meantime. My hair is soaking it up!! I'm surprised.

Queen is your applicator bottle a fine tip? Mine is and my oil is too thick for alot to come out at once. Just what I need comes out and I love that.

Hmmm I don't know!?! I got it from Sally's...Let me find another one to compare it to. This oil is really not that thick to me; like it's probably the consistency of grocery store syrup; and not Kings either. I think maybe this is just not a good brand. I hope my JBCO comes QUICK

Checking in, I massaged castor oil on my parts, edges and nape yesturday. I'm currently wearing a wig, with a satin scarf underneath and my hair in 2 big pigtails and 1 extra little one at the nape.

ok i still dont have my bottle of castor oil. I contacted the company and they claim they shipped it....im just going to cut my losses and order from sams247.com. Im trying to stretch the little bit i have :/

i will NEVER order from jamaicanblackcastoroil.com again! They dont answer emails unless you threaten them, and when you call the mailbox is full.

I finally got my JBCO! I can now use it instead of regular castor oil. I'm gonna oil my scalp with it, I want to see if I get that crazy growth people talk about.

My JBCO arrived. Doesn't smell bad at all. So, I guess I'll stick with the regular JBCO and not order the lavender scent. Feels like JBCO absorbs into my hair better than CO.

I did my second JBCO application for the week last night. My next application will be on Saturday after I co-wash and air dry.

ok i still dont have my bottle of castor oil. I contacted the company and they claim they shipped it....im just going to cut my losses and order from sams247.com. Im trying to stretch the little bit i have :/

i will NEVER order from jamaicanblackcastoroil.com again! They dont answer emails unless you threaten them, and when you call the mailbox is full.

PM me if you want the name and details of the name of the guy I dealt with....

I've just started using castor oil mixed with megatek and a little lavender oil, hopefully this growth mix will work :D

Can I just ask, would it be too much using this mix every two days? Would it be just as effective using it twice a week? I'm just wondering whether I'm using too much necessarily?

Last edited:
hi CherryCherryBoomBoomQ!!

i just started using the mega tek, too!

btw, where did you find the lavender oil?

i would love to try that mix as well!

i'm kind of new on here, so definitely NOT an expert, but in response to your question:

i believe it depends on how often you wash your hair.
if you wash your hair 2 to 3 times a week, i'm sure the mix won't be a problem, but if you wash once every week or more, you might get alot of buildup making it harder to manage your hair.

hth and yes, the mt and co will surely help you meet your goals!

hi i having so much problems find a good regimen that will work with my hair, i just permed my here after 2month and i still have no growth, i must have very slow growing hair , please help cause i feel that even with challenge my hair won't grow.:wallbash:

hi i having so much problems find a good regimen that will work with my hair, i just permed my here after 2month and i still have no growth, i must have very slow growing hair , please help cause i feel that even with challenge my hair won't grow.:wallbash:

Sweetie, are you having slow growth or is your hair breaking off and not getting longer? Are you saying you have no new growth at all after 2 months?

Checking in. Will apply for a 2nd time this week tonight.

Checking in; Hot Oiled with Castor and Cod Liver Oil before my wash last night. Next Hot oil Treat will be Sunday 2/21. I also found 2 jars JBCO pomade areound the house. I will be applying that to my ends on occasion when bunning and for smoothing my edges.

Back