Big ups to LadyLibra, this is for you...

ricochet

Hey ladies, I took the plunge and made a slideshow vid like LadyLibra did earlier. I know many of you have seen my pics many times over the years, but I finally compiled my natural journey into this 7 minute vid. There are no captions, as I said earlier that the video site I used wouldn't allow the captions unless you pay for a subscription to the site and I don't know if I am ready to do that yet. Anywhoo, I hope you guys don't fall asleep while watching. :) Oh and excuse the music mix, they were the only two songs that I could find that didn't sound a hot mess in the free editing feature. As soon as I get time, I will use the youtube annotation feature and put the dates and descriptions of the pics. Check it out and let me know what I can do to improve it! Thanks for giving me that bit of courage LadyLibra, thanks for posting your vids... your hair and journey are so inspiring, especially to newbies! Ya know, we are old heads now. ;) Peace and love ladies!

P.S. I am still not showing my full face...I ain't ready ya'll, I ain't ready lol! Only you all know what I look like out here on the net. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFcGSffllQs

Hey ladies, I took the plunge and made a slideshow vid like LadyLibra did earlier. I know many of you have seen my pics many times over the years, but I finally compiled my natural journey into this 7 minute vid. There are no captions, as I said earlier that the video site I used wouldn't allow the captions unless you pay for a subscription to the site and I don't know if I am ready to do that yet. Anywhoo, I hope you guys don't fall asleep while watching. :) Oh and excuse the music mix, they were the only two songs that I could find that didn't sound a hot mess in the free editing feature. As soon as I get time, I will use the youtube annotation feature and put the dates and descriptions of the pics. Check it out and let me know what I can do to improve it! Thanks for giving me that bit of courage LadyLibra, thanks for posting your vids... your hair and journey are so inspiring, especially to newbies! Ya know, we are old heads now. ;) Peace and love ladies!

P.S. I am still not showing my full face...I ain't ready ya'll, I ain't ready lol! Only you all know what I look like out here on the net. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFcGSffllQs

Wow, that was so motivating! You are having an awesome journey, and your natural hair is so luscious and thick! Thanks for showing us some of your products you're using at the end of your vid that helped you achieve that beautiful head of hair! Well done, honey, :yep: well done!!

Great video. Gorgeous hair. I enjoyed seeing all of the different styles.
Ooh, I can't wait to see my hair when 6/7yrs into my "natural hair journey."

** I liked the music too.

OP, just a question for you. In minute 4:13 of the video, what happened that you had to cut so much hair? Or did you just want short hair again?

Your hair is GORGEOUS!! Loved the video. I really like the second song in the video (with the woman singing). What's the name of the artist and song?

Your hair is so beautiful. You are clearly taking great care of it to be able to cut it and grow it back out again....amazing!!!

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Blessings,
Christi

Thanks to all of you and again to LadyLibra for her inspiration! I did my best and added annotations to attempt to give a timeframe of the last 7 years worth of my hair.

@ HoneyComb and TaraDyan - The song was a sample that could be used for free users of onetruemedia. The song is called "Transcendental" and the artist is shown as Bitstream Dream.

Hey Shalilac girl!!!!!!!!! :wavey:

@ BostonMaria - I just wanted it short again, the long hair was getting on my nerves a little. It had been 4-5 years at that point and I just needed change. :)

Thanks again ladies!

Lovely hair.

You can add captions to the video once it's on YouTube by using their annotations. It's in the side bar on the right.

Okay, I see you figured that out. Wow, such quick growth. You go from like sl to mbl 2 years each time.

Last edited:
Back