BEST CITIES FOR THE SINGLE BLACK WOMAN ((2007 EDITION))

STLCoverGirl said:
Since when is there an abundance of black men...or black anything in Utah?
Several blacks went there after Hurricane Katrina (unless it was highly populated with blacks before). Good question though.

JewelleNY said:
Austin/Houston here I come!!!:weird:

Are there any beaches near there?

Right. Everything’s “big” in Texas, apparently even the dating opportunities:lol:. I don't think there are any beaches. I think there are lakes???? It's pretty dry there (but not as dry as Denver, Las Vegas, Arizona or Utah)

SouthernTease said:
What are the BEST CITIES for today's SINGLE BLACK WOMAN?
Base this on:
1. a greater potential to find a HETEROSEXUAL MATE
2. a greater potential to be successful blah blah blah

LIST YOUR FIVE BEST CITIES.((Check out this map and this too))

Here are the results from an Oprah survey.
"THE BEST PLACES TO FIND MEN OVER 35"
If you live in any of these cities, please post!
  1. San Jose, California
  2. Salt Lake City, Utah
  3. Arlington, Texas
  4. Raleigh, North Carolina
  5. San Francisco, California
  6. Fremont, California
  7. Austin, Texas
  8. Minneapolis, Minnesota
  9. Washington, D.C.
  10. San Diego, California
  11. Charlotte, North Carolina
  12. Dallas, Texas
  13. Denver, Colorado
  14. St. Paul, Minnesota
  15. Seattle, Washington
  16. Houston, Texas
  17. New York, New York
  18. Madison, Wisconsin
  19. Fort Worth, Texas
  20. Durham, North Carolina

I totally agree with Minneapolis. Lots of single professional Black men up there, when I lived there my social calendar was always full. Another reason for me to move back, LOL.

My bf moved to Austin, TX last year. She loves it. Her social calendar has been full. She's trying to get me to move there. I may have to look into that. :lol:

Jessy55 said:
San Jose? Fremont? San Francisco? :confused: I know those cities and I wouldn't say that they are great cities for single Black women. I haven't had problems finding mates, but I hear so many Black women complaining about lack of dating opportunities. I dunno. Maybe San Francisco is a great city, but it has a huge gay population, so that lowers the number of available hetero males, and San Jose and Fremont have a large Asian and latino population that tend to stick to themselves. Who compiled this survey?

Men's Health did this study for Oprah's Show.
They have another study, but this one was done exclusively for Oprah.

Jessy55 said:
San Jose? Fremont? San Francisco? :confused: I know those cities and I wouldn't say that they are great cities for single Black women. I haven't had problems finding mates, but I hear so many Black women complaining about lack of dating opportunities. I dunno.
Uhm, Jessy I thought you were off the market. :confused:

It looks like Texas is the consensus.

Texas has [SIZE=-1]600 miles of coastline so it's great for beach bums like me.
I found an article on their beaches.

I don't think I can do Houston though.
Dallas or Arlington FOR Sure.
[/SIZE]

San Francisco?

Yea, right... the land where homosexuality is KING?

Uh huh!

And San Jose is full of Latinos. They aren't messing with us either.

Try again.

SouthernTease said:
Men's Health did this study for Oprah's Show.
They have another study, but this one was done exclusively for Oprah.

Isn't she single? Okra is in denial. She can't find a husband with her "billions".

When was the last time she was in Frisco?

Madison, WI made the list :lol:

I went to school there. I was there 3 months before I ran into another black person :confused: . Went to Middleton with friends to have dinner and a car full of young white teens drove by and called me a nigg*! :perplexed

I definitely got it poppin when i lived in NY some years ago. I met some very good black and latino men when i was there. So i would agree with that.

angelk316 said:
I don't know why DC is on the list. If anything DC has alot of
1. Down low brothers.
2. Wannabe thugs with no job that lives at home with their mother.

Yep same thing goes for Durham, NC...and Raleigh, NC (I'm really shocked that Raleigh was number 4 :eek: )

Lisa said:
Madison, WI made the list :lol:

I went to school there. I was there 3 months before I ran into another black person :confused: . Went to Middleton with friends to have dinner and a car full of young white teens drove by and called me a nigg*! :perplexed

They fulla sh**!

sowhut said:
I definitely got it poppin when i lived in NY some years ago. I met some very good black and latino men when i was there. So i would agree with that.

New York City.... YEA! :)

Hey, Sweet, maybe they are talking about black women dating white men being the best place.

Same for Madison, Wisconsin :)

SouthernTease said:
What are the BEST CITIES for today's SINGLE BLACK WOMAN?
Base this on:
1. a greater potential to find a HETEROSEXUAL MATE
2. a greater potential to be successful blah blah blah

LIST YOUR FIVE BEST CITIES.((Check out this map and this too))

Here are the results from an Oprah survey.
"THE BEST PLACES TO FIND MEN OVER 35"
If you live in any of these cities, please post!
  1. San Jose, California
  2. Salt Lake City, Utah
  3. Arlington, Texas
  4. Raleigh, North Carolina
  5. San Francisco, California
  6. Fremont, California
  7. Austin, Texas
  8. Minneapolis, Minnesota
  9. Washington, D.C.
  10. San Diego, California
  11. Charlotte, North Carolina
  12. Dallas, Texas
  13. Denver, Colorado
  14. St. Paul, Minnesota
  15. Seattle, Washington
  16. Houston, Texas
  17. New York, New York
  18. Madison, Wisconsin
  19. Fort Worth, Texas
  20. Durham, North Carolina

THEY LIE ABOUT RALEIGH, NC. MOST MEN I COME ARE MARRIED OR WITH SOMEONE!!!!! UUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

LondonDiva said:
Looks like I picked a great city on my list to move to next year. Texas is where it's at.

London,

You will definitely get all the attention you can handle when you move to Houston! And you will have a british accent too! Men will be all over that!

WHEN I VISITED HOUSTON AND NC- I SAW MANY FINE BROTHAS..SO ANY TEXAS LADIES WANNA CHIME IN ON WHAT ITS REALLY LIKE IN EITHER NC OR TEXAS???

I was born and raised in the San Francisco bay area and it's true that people are more likely to be couples there. But I'm a little bit saddened that three of the cities are so high on the list cause I've always though down south would have more dating opportunities.

Dee Raven said:
I was born and raised in the San Francisco bay area and it's true that people are more likely to be couples there. But I'm a little bit saddened that three of the cities are so high on the list cause I've always though down south would have more dating opportunities.

Yea, especially considering that San Francisco has next to none.

Ok, so is it true that Texas has a load full of eligible black bachelors. And if I'm correct, the cities are Austin, Dallas.....?

Any more?

janiebaby said:
Umm where is under 30????:confused:

Under 30 = NO MONEY, NOT SERIOUS, NOT INTO SETTLING DOWN.

I'm 24... I'm into meeting a man more settled.
I think they choose these cities and that age
range because it's more about men that are looking to
settle down, you know... done with college/clubbing...
established in their careers blah blah blah.
If you want to meet a dude under 30 you can probably
go to any city on any college campus. Men over 30 are hott!!

Charlotte, NC is number 11. :eek: My sister has been there over 5 years and still can't find a suitable dating partner that really wants to be in a relationship. Too many players and broke brothers.

Shoot, I took a look at that map and I'm either moving to Houston or Phoenix, baby! :lol: Detroit is completely the wrong ratio. Big orange dot. No wonder I don't go out on any dates.

sunshinebeautiful said:
Shoot, I took a look at that map and I'm either moving to Houston or Phoenix, baby! :lol: Detroit is completely the wrong ratio. Big orange dot. No wonder I don't go out on any dates.

Phoenix??

Girl, there's like 10 Black people in Arizona! :lol:

Back