BEST CITIES FOR THE SINGLE BLACK WOMAN ((2007 EDITION))

SouthernTease

What are the BEST CITIES for today's SINGLE BLACK WOMAN?
Base this on:
1. a greater potential to find a HETEROSEXUAL MATE
2. a greater potential to be successful blah blah blah

LIST YOUR FIVE BEST CITIES.((Check out this map and this too))

Here are the results from an Oprah survey.
"THE BEST PLACES TO FIND MEN OVER 35"
If you live in any of these cities, please post!
  1. San Jose, California
  2. Salt Lake City, Utah
  3. Arlington, Texas
  4. Raleigh, North Carolina
  5. San Francisco, California
  6. Fremont, California
  7. Austin, Texas
  8. Minneapolis, Minnesota
  9. Washington, D.C.
  10. San Diego, California
  11. Charlotte, North Carolina
  12. Dallas, Texas
  13. Denver, Colorado
  14. St. Paul, Minnesota
  15. Seattle, Washington
  16. Houston, Texas
  17. New York, New York
  18. Madison, Wisconsin
  19. Fort Worth, Texas
  20. Durham, North Carolina

I've lived in Miami & New Orleans
which both have really high percentages
of single woman and almost no single men...
check the map... no wonder I haven't
met any decent men. :ohwell:
I'm looking to move by September...
don't know where though.

STLCoverGirl said:
Since when is there an abundance of black men...or black anything in Utah?

It wasn't a Black thing... it was just "BEST PLACES TO FIND A MAN OVER 35"... maybe go to Utah to get your jungle fever on. :lol:

OnAHairQuest said:
My girl moved to Texas last year and she called me yesterday telling me she was engaged. :eek:

What city in Texas? I was thinking Dallas...
I've always loved the TV show and when I
was there... THE SHOPPING was AMAZING!!!

OnAHairQuest said:
My girl moved to Texas last year and she called me yesterday telling me she was engaged. :eek:

My bf just moved to Houston, and she has her own lil fan club down there, lol. I am going to visit soon, but that summer humidity is not for me. See ya'll in the fall!!

SouthernTease said:
It wasn't a Black thing... it was just "BEST PLACES TO FIND A MAN OVER 35"... maybe go to Utah to get your jungle fever on. :lol:

Oh ok, I just re-read it...sorry, that just jumped out at me, lol.

SouthernTease said:
Dallas. She got a nice price on a house too.

SouthernTease said:

I like Dallas.

Dallas, Fort Worth, and Arlington are all like within 20 minutes depending on which highway you're on. I think I-20

I wanna go to texas. A couple of years ago Black enterprise had a list similar to this for blacks (not sure if it was for men or women) but like every city in Texas was on the list. I know I read somewhere that Nashville is good for Blacks because the job market is good. I guess thats the case:ohwell:

ETA: im looking to move to dallas in a few years to be closer to my mom. She moved to Oklahoma city almost 2 years ago and dallas is only 3 hours away.

Well, I live in Oakland, CA, work in San Francisco and not too far from San Jose and Fremont. I don't have any trouble finding men to date. However, I'm sick of just dating now.

Also, I was born and lived in San Diego until I was 22. I never had trouble dating there either....there might be something to this study, or maybe I'm just hot like that! :lol: :lol:

San Jose? Fremont? San Francisco? :confused: I know those cities and I wouldn't say that they are great cities for single Black women. I haven't had problems finding mates, but I hear so many Black women complaining about lack of dating opportunities. I dunno. Maybe San Francisco is a great city, but it has a huge gay population, so that lowers the number of available hetero males, and San Jose and Fremont have a large Asian and latino population that tend to stick to themselves. Who compiled this survey?

Last edited:
Oooh one of my bff lived in Nashville for 2 years and she LOVED it. She told me that there was a fairly strong Black presence in the population out there

CoCoGirl821 said:
I wanna go to texas. A couple of years ago Black enterprise had a list similar to this for blacks (not sure if it was for men or women) but like every city in Texas was on the list. I know I read somewhere that Nashville is good for Blacks because the job market is good. I guess thats the case:ohwell:

StrawberryQueen said:
Washington should not be on there! :lol: Yea he's over 35, but he's married with 4 kids. Not a problem right? :rolleyes:

You are such a mess, SBQ.:lol: I agree with you and other posters that some of the cities don't really reflect the best opportunities for SBM's.

I don't know why DC is on the list. If anything DC has alot of
1. Down low brothers.
2. Wannabe thugs with no job that lives at home with their mother.

MsDee4 said:
of course there's not one anywhere near me :lol:

Me either! :mad:

Good lawd, I'm gonna be single forever!!!! :lol:

Or maybe I need to stop playing and finally move to NC like I said I was gonna do 6 years ago!

MzLady78 said:
Me either! :mad:

Good lawd, I'm gonna be single forever!!!! :lol:

Or maybe I need to stop playing and finally move to NC like I said I was gonna do 6 years ago!

NC must be the new Atlanta. I was discussing the possibility of moving further South and was interested in Atlanta but my co worker told me NC is the place to be. I've heard this from a few people now.

Go ahead, make that move, and find your man :)

shorty1 said:
NC must be the new Atlanta. I was discussing the possibility of moving further South and was interested in Atlanta but my co worker told me NC is the place to be. I've heard this from a few people now.

Go ahead, make that move, and find your man :)

Yeah, I have family (well my cousin's soon to be ex wife) down there as well as fam right on the NC/SC border.

Everytime I made up my mind, I'd meet some dude and decide to say- then when it didn't work out, I regretted not going.

Maybe that's where I'm supposed to be, I don't know.

STLCoverGirl said:
Since when is there an abundance of black men...or black anything in Utah?

I don’t think there’s an abundance of Black men there, but I would argue that the black men there are probably “good catches” (well educated, single, no children, job, no jail). I’m also going to guess that the per ratio (men/women) is more equal there than in other cities like Atlanta or Los Angeles or New York. However, this definitely doesn’t address their personalities and whether they are even interested in dating black women (a fundamental in whether it’s even of benefit that they are there and single—if you don’t like black women, it doesn’t matter if there is an equal # of black men/black women in Utah—get what I’m saying???)

OnAHairQuest said:

All of my linesisters from Texas were among the first to be engaged. I swear, I think there’s something in the water there. I need to stock up:lol: !

JewelleNY said:
Austin/Houston here I come!!!:weird:

Are there any beaches near there?

Yes, there are beaches nearby. Galveston beach isn't too far a drive away from Houston

Last edited:
Back