BC Thread Tracker!!

my crown is exactly the same way -and I thought it was relaxed ends or heat damage or something after my bc, because it was wavy and almost straight in some spots.

weird, but its just the pattern, and I'm hoping it sticks out less as it grows too.
I would also get to mixing oils as soliel suggested. Where there's a will, there's a way!

Also you hair has grown a lot - congrats!

Last edited:
Hi ladies! Just thought I'd check in. It's been 6 weeks since my bc and I'm still cowashing and adding a little gel every single day. I don't know what else to do. :nono: I don't mind though -- I love cowashing and my hair does too. :yep:

I'm attaching a few pics of my hair -- just cause. :) All are on cowashed, dry hair with just some leave-in and maybe a little IC polisher.

1 - top w/ no flash
2 - impromptu chunky twists
3 - top front w/ flash
4 - side w/ flash
5 - texture w/ flash

Attachments

• no flash.jpg
    no flash.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Chunky Impromptu Twists.jpg
    Chunky Impromptu Twists.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 38
  • img_0961.jpg
    img_0961.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 31
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 29
  • texture with flash.jpg
    texture with flash.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 25
Hi ladies! Just thought I'd check in. It's been 6 weeks since my bc and I'm still cowashing and adding a little gel every single day. I don't know what else to do. :nono: I don't mind though -- I love cowashing and my hair does too. :yep:

I'm attaching a few pics of my hair -- just cause. :) All are on cowashed, dry hair with just some leave-in and maybe a little IC polisher.

1 - top w/ no flash
2 - impromptu chunky twists
3 - top front w/ flash
4 - side w/ flash
5 - texture w/ flash

Your hair is gorgeous! Love those curls! Great twists too!

Ecostyler plus longaid IS LOVE! My hair is freshly wet in this picture. When it dried, soo SOO SOO SOFT! No feel of a crunch in SIGHT! Under it all, I put cantu olive oil. Then a tad of the long aid, then a tad ecostyler.

ecopluslongaid1-vi.jpg

I can actually pull an even tighter puff now, I am soo happy at my progress. When I first BC, I could only DREAM of wearing a side swept bang style!

Ecostyler plus longaid IS LOVE! My hair is freshly wet in this picture. When it dried, soo SOO SOO SOFT! No feel of a crunch in SIGHT! Under it all, I put cantu olive oil. Then a tad of the long aid, then a tad ecostyler.

ecopluslongaid1-vi.jpg

I can actually pull an even tighter puff now, I am soo happy at my progress. When I first BC, I could only DREAM of wearing a side swept bang style!

Very pretty! Your hair is growing so fast.

LADIES I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been to consistent with coming into this thread. I have been so discouraged. I am going through a period of extreme breakage. It's so frustrating.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have no idea about moisture/protein balance. My hair feels good, it's been growing and if I didn't see so much breakage I would assume I was progressing well.
I put my hair in cornrows for 2 weeks and I just took them out today and the amount of shedding and breakage has me wanting to give up on this whole hair journey.....
what to do what to do.

HELP ME PLEASE :cry3:

Hmm, are you sure it's breakage and not just all the shed hair from your hair being in cornrows for two weeks? Also, did you use synthetic or human hair? Or was it just your own hair? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to fully understand the situation. Sometimes I'd freak out thinking it's my hair breaking off when it really wasn't. :)

Hi!! thank you for answering :yawn:

I am pretty sure it is breakage. I had breakage before the cornrows, thats why I decided to get the cornrows, to give it a break. It was synthetic hair though.

I have a HUGE head and really dense hair and I do have to realise that when I shed I probably shed more, but I find I can't get a good balance.

I think maybe I switch up my regime to often. Before I had a good thing going. Cowashing, henna, ayurvedic....maybe I need to be more consistent?

Hmm, are you sure it's breakage and not just all the shed hair from your hair being in cornrows for two weeks? Also, did you use synthetic or human hair? Or was it just your own hair? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to fully understand the situation. Sometimes I'd freak out thinking it's my hair breaking off when it really wasn't. :)

Hi!! thank you for answering :yawn:

I am pretty sure it is breakage. I had breakage before the cornrows, thats why I decided to get the cornrows, to give it a break. It was synthetic hair though.

I have a HUGE head and really dense hair and I do have to realise that when I shed I probably shed more, but I find I can't get a good balance.

I think maybe I switch up my regime to often. Before I had a good thing going. Cowashing, henna, ayurvedic....maybe I need to be more consistent?
I think you should decrease until you find something works for you...simple and stick to it. Too much going on never lets you realize what's causing the problem.

Any way you can wash (or cowash) and twist and leave it alone to let it recuperate?

I think you should decrease until you find something works for you...simple and stick to it. Too much going on never lets you realize what's causing the problem.

Any way you can wash (or cowash) and twist and leave it alone to let it recuperate?

ITA :yep: In addition to that, though, I have to be careful of the synthetic hair. I noticed that it kind of slices at my hair when it's not in wig form. :blush:

Ya, I think a wash/DC once per week and then twist and then a cowash in between should suffice.

My hair did very well with my weekly hennas and ayurvedic, so maybe henna/wash/DC, twists?

I ordered some lacefronts from Zara so I will be protective styling and wigging it for a while.

p.s. you have had great progress!!!

Oh snap!! Maybe I will just stick with natural cornrows under wigs for awhile. Till summer at least.
The breakage has subsided though.
Just did a cowash and detangling session and then used miss jessie's stretch silkening cream and I have quite good progress :grin:
Now just to stop all breakage!

ITA :yep: In addition to that, though, I have to be careful of the synthetic hair. I noticed that it kind of slices at my hair when it's not in wig form. :blush:

Garlic on your hair (buy a garlic shampoo or add natural garlic) helps with shedding. Alter ego garlic deep con is really good and smells yummy!

I'm officially tired of twists!!:wallbash::nono::wallbash::nono:

I realized today that I can pull my hair up into a high ponypuff:grin::grin: So I'm going to wear my hair like this for the week. Since it is raining I don't think my hair will get dried out.

I did a HOT, then a DC (a concoction of protein/moisture) on dry hair overnight. I rinsed then did a Cowash with Super Soft Honey Condish and detangled. I put Coco Leave In, Vakita Frosting, and a butter mix.

My hair is way healthier than it was when I first BC'd. It is really soft and spongy and not crunchy like it used to be. I plan to henna next week since I bought a new one to try out (I forget the name). Henna has really helped soften up my hair and keep it moisturized longer.

Pony Puff (excuse my house as I clean it up)
DSCF0498-1.jpg

DSCF0492.jpg

DSCF0493.jpg

A recent twist-out
DSCF0334.jpg

DSCF0341.jpg

I'm officially tired of twists!!:wallbash::nono::wallbash::nono:

I realized today that I can pull my hair up into a high ponypuff:grin::grin: So I'm going to wear my hair like this for the week. Since it is raining I don't think my hair will get dried out.

I did a HOT, then a DC (a concoction of protein/moisture) on dry hair overnight. I rinsed then did a Cowash with Super Soft Honey Condish and detangled. I put Coco Leave In, Vakita Frosting, and a butter mix.

My hair is way healthier than it was when I first BC'd. It is really soft and spongy and not crunchy like it used to be. I plan to henna next week since I bought a new one to try out (I forget the name). Henna has really helped soften up my hair and keep it moisturized longer.

Pony Puff (excuse my house as I clean it up)
DSCF0498-1.jpg

DSCF0492.jpg

DSCF0493.jpg

A recent twist-out
DSCF0334.jpg

DSCF0341.jpg

love your twist out, it's beautiful!!

Vonnieluvs08, your puff is lovely. I've been following your progress off and on, so I'm excited to see your pony puff. That means within a few months I may be able to too! :)

love your twist out, it's beautiful!!

Vonnieluvs08, your puff is lovely. I've been following your progress off and on, so I'm excited to see your pony puff. That means within a few months I may be able to too! :)

Thanks ladies!! I was just too excited to keep it to myself. I'm surprised it is growing this fast. I'm tempted to straigthen but I'll wait til the new year to do it.

Happy Holidays Ladies!!!

Hey ladies! Thought I'd update you with a few pics. I big chopped in September. The pics from then are here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=404960&highlight=

After struggling for a bit with figuring out my hair, I think I finally got the hang of it! My hair loves shea butter and karen's body beautiful products. Most times when I style my hair I just use leave-in conditioner, shea butter, and a lil oil. I'm still struggling a bit with single strand knots but they have decreased greatly since I stopped trying to figure out how to do wash n gos! Here are the pics :D

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 45
Hey ladies! Thought I'd update you with a few pics. I big chopped in September. The pics from then are here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=404960&highlight=

After struggling for a bit with figuring out my hair, I think I finally got the hang of it! My hair loves shea butter and karen's body beautiful products. Most times when I style my hair I just use leave-in conditioner, shea butter, and a lil oil. I'm still struggling a bit with single strand knots but they have decreased greatly since I stopped trying to figure out how to do wash n gos! Here are the pics :D

Girl, you and your hair are just gorgeous! Your curls are so pretty! You're wearing that hair. How long did you transition before your BC?

How are the rest of you ladies doing?

I think.....im in a hair rut. I just a smidget bored with my twa. I cant style my hair into anything that i like yet. On most days i wear my twa with kccc, it works but sometimes im tired of it.... I tried to twist with shea butter but the ends didnt hold. I tried flat twists and those were ok at best...

i have also been thinking about my hair strands thickness,most of my strands seem very thick and then others are fine(like baby hair) and then ive been thinking about porosity. My hair clumps in certain places and is frizzy in others unless i use the kccc. I thought it was a porosity issue but im not sure if that applies to natural hair.

Also mostly in my crown and nape area i have "weird hairs" that seem start but with length are starting to curl... Is is possible that hair can be silky in one area but non silky in another, i feel like thats whats going on.

Also i have given up on hair type because i have 55 textures on my head and from what i read its more important to know strand thickness and porosity. Im just trying to focus on finding what works for me. Im using some things know mostly the kccc, dont like eco style that much. I use Lekair Cholosterol/AOHSR. Oh and Suave coco/ V05. Hoping to find my "holy grail"/staple products but i really dont want to buy much more...

Sorry if its a long post.

Last edited:
Back