BC Thread Tracker!!

I think.....im in a hair rut. I just a smidget bored with my twa. I cant style my hair into anything that i like yet. On most days i wear my twa with kccc, it works but sometimes im tired of it.... I tried to twist with shea butter but the ends didnt hold. I tried flat twists and those were ok at best...

i have also been thinking about my hair strands thickness,most of my strands seem very thick and then others are fine(like baby hair) and then ive been thinking about porosity. My hair clumps in certain places and is frizzy in others unless i use the kccc. I thought it was a porosity issue but im not sure if that applies to natural hair.

Also mostly in my crown and nape area i have "weird hairs" that seem start but with length are starting to curl... Is is possible that hair can be silky in one area but non silky in another, i feel like thats whats going on.

Also i have given up on hair type because i have 55 textures on my head and from what i read its more important to know strand thickness and porosity. Im just trying to focus on finding what works for me. Im using some things know mostly the kccc, dont like eco style that much. I use Lekair Cholosterol/AOHSR. Oh and Suave coco/ V05. Hoping to find my "holy grail"/staple products but i really dont want to buy much more...

Sorry if its a long post.

I understand the hair rut. As for your hair "type" issues yes you can have different textures and curl patterns. The front of my hair is very fine and the "curls/waves" are coarser than the sides and back of my hair. I also have many random straight hairs that are straight at the root and maybe slightly curled toward the end. You just try your best to blend them in.

To help with your "boredom" try different hair candy. I have some colorful bobbypins that I add to my hair to mix it up or different head bands. Just be patient and allow nature to do its thing and next thing you know you will have a head full of hair that you will have fun experimenting with. Right now just figure out what products work best for moisture and styling, etc. For porosity issues try ACV or Roux Porosity control and search for the porosity threads they are great!!

Hope this helps. HHG!!

I think.....im in a hair rut. I just a smidget bored with my twa. I cant style my hair into anything that i like yet. On most days i wear my twa with kccc, it works but sometimes im tired of it.... I tried to twist with shea butter but the ends didnt hold. I tried flat twists and those were ok at best...

i have also been thinking about my hair strands thickness,most of my strands seem very thick and then others are fine(like baby hair) and then ive been thinking about porosity. My hair clumps in certain places and is frizzy in others unless i use the kccc. I thought it was a porosity issue but im not sure if that applies to natural hair.

Also mostly in my crown and nape area i have "weird hairs" that seem start but with length are starting to curl... Is is possible that hair can be silky in one area but non silky in another, i feel like thats whats going on.

Also i have given up on hair type because i have 55 textures on my head and from what i read its more important to know strand thickness and porosity. Im just trying to focus on finding what works for me. Im using some things know mostly the kccc, dont like eco style that much. I use Lekair Cholosterol/AOHSR. Oh and Suave coco/ V05. Hoping to find my "holy grail"/staple products but i really dont want to buy much more...

Sorry if its a long post.

Hey lady. I completely understand how you feel. Styling a twa is limited, but I agree with Vonnie about using hair accessories to spice it up....headbands, clips, etc. I have silky hair in some places, and frizzy hair in others. I have a mixture of 3c, 4a, 4b all on my head, so I also understand about having the mixture of so many different hair types. The front of my hair is so coarse and frizzy, and barely curls at all, while the back is so silky and curly. It makes styling difficult, but I've dealt with it so far. It'll get easier as your hair grows.

Hey ladies! Just checking in. I straightened my hair about a week and a half ago for the third time since being natural. Not too sure what to do this winter, I'm still weighing a few options of protective styling.

14253_570420331275_35404765_33937503_3558487_n.jpg

Hi ladies thought I would revive this thread, how did y'all wear your hair this Christmas? I removed my braids after a month and one week and did a shrunken twist out on damp hair here's how it came out:

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0066-1.jpg

and this is how it looked

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0055.jpg

Im not sure how to wear it for New Yrs I might straighten it for the very first time or I might do a stretched out twist out

Last edited:
Thanks for bumping!

Still doing braidouts, and they are getting progressively better.

This is from yesterday, and I'll prob be rocking them on New Years

SDC11923.jpg

SDC12010.jpg

SDC12018.jpg

Happy Holidays Ladies!

ETA: I've simplified by braidout, just do 5 braids on each side now - no perm rods or rollers.
I usually use Lustrasilk olive oil cholesterol and seal with EVCO. Tried hair milk and Lekair gel when I braided last night. Will see how that turns out.

Last edited:
Hi ladies thought I would revive this thread, how did y'all wear your hair this Christmas? I removed my braids after a month and one week and did a shrunken twist out on damp hair here's how it came out:

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0066-1.jpg

and this is how it looked

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0055.jpg

Im not sure how to wear it for New Yrs I might straighten it for the very first time or I might do a stretched out twist out

Thanks for bumping!

Still doing braidouts, and they are getting progressively better.

This is from yesterday, and I'll prob be rocking them on New Years

SDC11923.jpg

SDC12010.jpg

SDC12018.jpg

Happy Holidays Ladies!

ETA: I've simplified by braidout, just do 5 braids on each side now - no perm rods or rollers.
I usually use Lustrasilk olive oil cholesterol and seal with EVCO. Tried hair milk and Lekair gel when I braided last night. Will see how that turns out.

Both of you ladies have gorgeous hair! Love it! Love thos styles too!

I'm currently in yarn braids, which I plan to make last for another month hopefully. This is just to give my hair a break during these cold winter months. I've been moisturizing with S-Curl activator moisturizer. My hair's loving it.

I feel so guilty for not posting in here in a while..but you ladies are doing a wonderful job keeping up with your hair!!! As for my progress im still adapting to my natural hair and i think i have the worse shrinkage in history :grin: lol but im getting a sew in next week to carry out the rest of winter then hopefully by spring i will be ready!!!! I need to take pics im so lazy and slacking :nono:

I took down my braids on New years and had to go to work the next day....so I struggled and got my hair in a ponytail. I was very surprised. Now I have it in cornrows in the front and single braids in the back. I'm doing the braid and wig challenge.

Attachments

• P1020055.JPG
    P1020055.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 34
Whoo hoo! I'm glad to see this thread is still going! Everyone has made so much progress and it's hard to believe it's been almost 6 months.

This is my first wash and go puff. I've worn a puff once or twice before, but they were picked out. Originally this was a wash n go I did with Aussie Moist, Lustrasilk Shea Butter & Mango (on my ends) and Lok & Blok on New Year's Eve. This is Day 4 hair. I put it in a puff this morning using a little Eco Styler, Water, and a Scarf to lay down my edges.

1042010Update015-vi.jpg
1042010Update004-vi.jpg

1042010Update005-vi.jpg

more pics in the fotki! :grin:

^^^ That's one gorgeous, huge puff!

I swear, the hardest part about the BC (for me) is waiting for my hair to grow. Until then I'll just look at pics like this. lol

Whoo hoo! I'm glad to see this thread is still going! Everyone has made so much progress and it's hard to believe it's been almost 6 months.

This is my first wash and go puff. I've worn a puff once or twice before, but they were picked out. Originally this was a wash n go I did with Aussie Moist, Lustrasilk Shea Butter & Mango (on my ends) and Lok & Blok on New Year's Eve. This is Day 4 hair. I put it in a puff this morning using a little Eco Styler, Water, and a Scarf to lay down my edges.

1042010Update015-vi.jpg
1042010Update004-vi.jpg

1042010Update005-vi.jpg

Gorgeous puff Soleil! Your hair looks so healthy, thick, and gorgeous!

1042010Update005-vi.jpg

Simply gorgeous! :lick: Your hair seems to be growing quickly too.

Wow Soliel!!! I am striving for a puff like that.

I'm still in twists. I have a party this weekend and I'm thinking of a rollerset. I don't know what products will work well. Going to check out the natural rollersetters and see what they do. Will definitely post pics.

How are you ladies doing??

:hiya:

I have been just washing and twisting and then wearing twistouts for 1-2 weeks at a time. My hair is growing and hasn't seem to have had any issues from this so I just take it down and sleep on a silk pillowcase at night, spray with some sort of moisture concoction in the am, fluff and go.

I haven't taken any recent pics bc my 3 yr old dd's hair has just begun to grow in and I have been really doing and rocking cute styles on her. Been all up on http://beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com/ and http://www.happygirlhair.com/ working it out, stepping up my stylin game on her! :lachen:

I haven't taken any pics of my hair since November:blush:, but here you go:

How did everyone do on the NO SNIP CHALLENGE???? I have had no urge to trim or snip and haven't done so since my BC pretty much. 5 months without a pair of scissors is a major milestone for me!:grin:

Last edited:

1042010Update015-vi.jpg
1042010Update004-vi.jpg

1042010Update005-vi.jpg

TOO FAB!!!!!!! Girl, you rock!!!!! :rocker:

I have been just washing and twisting and then wearing twistouts for 1-2 weeks at a time. My hair is growing and hasn't seem to have had any issues from this so I just take it down and sleep on a silk pillowcase at night, spray with some sort of moisture concoction in the am, fluff and go.

I haven't taken any recent pics bc my 3 yr old dd's hair has just begun to grow in and I have been really doing and rocking cute styles on her. Been all up on http://beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com/ and http://www.happygirlhair.com/ working it out, stepping up my stylin game on her! :lachen:

and here are some of the cute styles I've been learning and rocking on DD's hair:

So I haven't been COMPLETELY slacking on the hair stuff:drunk::giggle:

How did everyone do on the NO SNIP CHALLENGE???? I have had no urge to trim or snip and haven't done so since my BC pretty much. 5 months without a pair of scissors is a major milestone for me!:grin:

Hey lady! Your hair is gorgeous! It looks to be doing great. Your daughter's hair is gorgeous too. Great job! I haven't trimmed yet, and I don't have the urge too. I think I may do a slight trim in a few months though. This was a great challenge for me though.

1042010Update015-vi.jpg

Ok Soliel, that puff is so awe inspiring!:drunk:

Hey FM!!!
Your DDs hair is gorgeous as is her mother's. Love the twist out.:grin:

I did okay with the No Snip. I did snip a few times to remove some heat damaged pieces. They were becoming more obvious as my hair grows in so I needed to shape up my hair. I did do a S&D a few weeks ago when it felt that my SSKs where getting out of hand. I've been finding some split ends so I think I'll need 1/4inch trimmed next month to give my hair a fresh start.

I'm going to switch up and wear twistouts in different styles for the next few weeks. I wore a cute style this weekend that got tons of compliments so I'm going to try wear my hair out a little more now. This is going to make me increase my washing but my hair has been moisturized well so I think it can handle it.

How are other ladies doing with their winter hair?

I'm glad this thread is going strong!

FindingMe,
Your hair is still looking great & growing very nicely!

Vonnieluvs,
I am the same page as you with wearing twistouts for the winter, although this week for the first time I wore my twists to work & dared anyone to say I wasn't fly! LOL

I just cannot wait for warm weather so I can rock some W&G's!

Hi Ladies! Just checking in. I've been wearing my hair in wash-n-gos pretty much every day since my BC. It's growing nicely, and I'm still just lovin' it. :grin: I was looking at some old pics earlier, and was actually surprised at the fact that I didn't feel one twinge when I saw my longer, relaxed hair.

I'm attaching a couple pics - the first one is my first picked out puff (taken yesterday) and the second is a wash-n-go puff (taken 2 weeks ago). Sorry they're not the best - I'm not too good at taking self pics with the iPhone. :drunk: I'll post some more when I upload them from my camera.

Hope all is well!

Attachments

• Uploads 01.20.10 355.JPG
    Uploads 01.20.10 355.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 13
  • Uploads 01.20.10 356.JPG
    Uploads 01.20.10 356.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 13
To abbreviate my siggie....

pObxC.jpg

:grin:5 Months!:grin:

Wow! Great growth girl! It's crazy how fast hair grows!

Hi Ladies! Just checking in. I've been wearing my hair in wash-n-gos pretty much every day since my BC. It's growing nicely, and I'm still just lovin' it. :grin: I was looking at some old pics earlier, and was actually surprised at the fact that I didn't feel one twinge when I saw my longer, relaxed hair.

I'm attaching a couple pics - the first one is my first picked out puff (taken yesterday) and the second is a wash-n-go puff (taken 2 weeks ago). Sorry they're not the best - I'm not too good at taking self pics with the iPhone. :drunk: I'll post some more when I upload them from my camera.

Hope all is well!

Your hair is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing those pics.

I've been doing twist outs so far as well. I had yarn braids in for almost a month, and now I'm going to wear twists and twist outs for the rest of the winter. A wash n' go here and there, but mostly twist outs.

Here is a pic of my hair today. WnG 2nd day hair:

Used Kinky Curly Come Clean poo, KC Knot today as a leave in and then KC Curling Custard on top. I give KC 2 thumbs up!

Front:

Back

I am going out of town this weekend, so I will probably DC and twist tomorrow night so I can wear a twist-out this weekend

Last edited:

Used Kinky Curly Come Clean poo, KC Knot today as a leave in and then KC Curling Custard on top. I give KC 2 thumbs up!

Front:

Back

I am going out of town this weekend, so I will probably DC and twist tomorrow night so I can wear a twist-out this weekend

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Your hair is looking really good!!!

Front:

Back