Ayurveda Support Thread

Explosiva rhassoul is a great clay for facials as is Dead Sea. There's also kaolin...plain white stuff from China (used to make porcelain too :)). Both are nice and gentle. You can use the clays neat or add other herbs, but if I were you, I'd start neat to see if your skin likes the clay(s) you choose. Then work up.

Again, I do recommend "Fair and Lovely" for dark spots. Rose water is a great
"toner"....it's very balancing for combo skin. For a moisturizer, you could use straight jojoba and/or use it w/ a few drops of lavender and/or tea tree.

Yup...honey+ water=peroxide. Before you try this, be sure you have no allergies to bee products. That can be a huge problem, esp as this has to sit on the head for a time.

Cassia is nice, but it does leave color. I've found the color somewhat difficult to control on a blonde, but it might be nice for a brunette. Just make sure you know how blonde you want the bleached parts to be cuz it WILL go a definite yellow in those parts.

Yes cassia won't leave any noticeable color on darker hair tones but blonds and even greys can possible become yellow toned. It does add a vibrance and uplift to those lighter shades.

If you also want to take off some of the henna using the cassia with honey really helps rejuvenate your hair from too much henna build up. I did this recently since I have been using henna for over 10 years now. It was time for a little cut back :)
My next shot is at yemeni henna powder so that it gives me a deep reddish boost after my cut back.

Our rhassoul is not a product that is made by some big company. It is distributed through local Moroccan women who really know high quality rhassoul that hasn't been tampered with. It is as traditional and natural as it gets.

Hiya Gals,

So far I have been loving the ayurveda powders. I believe I am very successful in getting all the grit out. I always airdry with rollers and my hair airdried beautifully. I had a lot of bounce and shine and all I spritzed it with when it was wet was rose water. It feels so light and not weighed down. My new growth is soft too. I hope I can keep this up. I would like to retouch my hair no more than times for the year if possible. :drunk:

I am also taking pics so I will keep everyone updated.

Happy growing ladies.

Where can I get some good rhaussoul, I know I spelled that wrong. And where can I get fair and lovely? I don't know of any indian stores in ny and I tried doing a search and nothing.

I know I saw some on Ebay early this year. Where in NY do you live? I also live in NY and I buy from Hillside Queens.

subscribing

I want to try the Kalpi Tone. This will be the easiest for me with no mixing.

I also want to try Henna and Indigo to get a Dark Brown color but I heard you can't use it if you have Semi-perm color in your hair. Anyone know how long you have to wait?

thank you for this thread I love it. I love natural products and food! I want to try me some Ayurveda and I will!
Zanna

i oredered my dabur vatika oil yesterday and cant wait to get it. im hoping it will make my hair much stronger because i have been getting breakage alot lately. i will be using it on my scalp and as a prepoo once a week.

Zawaj let us know how the Washing kit (starter #1 for those who don't know) works out for you. I'm very interested in who tries starter #2...the Growth kit. BTW, maybe you can get your henna done this month....both hair and hands/feet. LOL...then come here and spill about the indigo usage. ;)

What soap did you get?

Will do! I ordered F&L and I just got in the mail today nettle/comfrey/peppermint poo bar along with my amla foot scrub, henna and indigo from mehandi.com.

I live in brooklyn. In bensonhurst. The only people and stores arond me are asian, jewish, polish, or russian. I live in a predominately asian area. And I don't know brooklyn very well.

Bensonhurst? Oh my. I don't know much about NYC in terms of specifics, but I know that you have a decent selection of Caribbean and Dominican stuff around.

When you say Asian, do you mean like Indians or Koreans?

I mean Koreans, Japanese, Chinese. I kinda feel like I live in Brooklyns version of Chinatown. But its cool.

In my part of Bensonhurst, there isn't much hispanic nor caribbean products nor stores by me. I wish there were. Lol. I'm actually one of the few dark skinned people in my area

Zawaj let us know how the Washing kit (starter #1 for those who don't know) works out for you. I'm very interested in who tries starter #2...the Growth kit. BTW, maybe you can get your henna done this month....both hair and hands/feet. LOL...then come here and spill about the indigo usage. ;)

What soap did you get?
I actually ordered the growth kit yesterday, so I will let you all know how it goes.

I'm actually thinking of putting the powders in tea bags and letting them sit in the sun in some coconut oil for a few days.

I actually ordered the growth kit yesterday, so I will let you all know how it goes.

I'm actually thinking of putting the powders in tea bags and letting them sit in the sun in some coconut oil for a few days.

Consider this idea nabbed! I can't wait to get my powders in so I can try this.

ok so i just bought
Dabur Vatika Oil
Shikakai Hair Oil
Aritha Powder 100g
Neem Powder 100g
Shikakai Soap
Dabur Vatika Olive Oil

i already have alma, and indigo powder, and i order alma oil and shikakai powder for hennasooq. The only thing i need to know is can i use my coffee maker to strain this stuff?

Michiko just put it in something like a tea bag (healthfood store), some cheese cloth (WalMart/Walgreens/CVS, fabric store), or even an old clean panty hose and let it steep in hot water until it's cool, then use however you choose. You don't have to make alot either. Making it like a tea will reduce the 'grit" factor.

Explosiva any old oil will remove makeup. If you wanna be fancy, buy some nice golden jojoba oil. ;)

Michiko just put it in something like a tea bag (healthfood store), some cheese cloth (WalMart/Walgreens/CVS, fabric store), or even an old clean panty hose and let it steep in hot water until it's cool, then use however you choose. You don't have to make alot either. Making it like a tea will reduce the 'grit" factor.

Explosiva any old oil will remove makeup. If you wanna be fancy, buy some nice golden jojoba oil. ;)
i was going to use the coffee maker, b/c i have one that i don't use:lachen:

Well, I don't know Brooklyn that well either but I know places in Queens where you can get India products. If you are willing to go to Queens I can give you more info where the stores are.

I am trying to add Ayurveda to my regimen. Today while in the Indain Grocer, I noticed they had the Henna shampoo and the brahmi conditioner which I purchased. I figured this might me easier than trying to mix powders. Has anyone tried these and what was your experience? Is it better to make your own concoction? I also purchased Dabur Amla oil, and Vatika oil.

Back