Ayurveda Support Thread

I love the way alma oil make my scalp tingle the moment I pour it on. I also mixed it in with my mega-tek:look:. I'm reaching bsl this year darnit.

i dont know if this question was ever answered, but are these products safe while pregnant?

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't take chance without researching first. As you know they are herbs & could run the chance of having some side effects. I would probably Google whatever products I was using, and ask my Dr.

Is parachute coconut oil only extra virgin coconut oil? I wish I wasn't addicted to coconuts.

I have some refined parachute coconut oil and it has no scent whatsoever and I am not crazy about it so I will not be repurchasing it. I will use it up in my fenugreek tea rinse I think and then that would be it for that oil. I will use my unrefined coconut oil when I'm all done with it for my ayurveda mixes.

Okay ladies: How are yall using Nyle Herbal Hair Oil and Jasmine Oil? I may mix the herbal oil with amla as a pre-poo and mix jasmine oil with my beloved vatika coconut oil as my styling aid.

I purchased Navratna oil today, is anyone using this? If so what were your results. I found an old thread where people said it tingled so much it kept them up at night, but it's suppose to be good for relaxation & sleep . Also the smell is horrid.

I purchased Navratna oil today, is anyone using this? If so what were your results. I found an old thread where people said it tingled so much it kept them up at night, but it's suppose to be good for relaxation & sleep . Also the smell is horrid.
I have a bottle, yes it does tingle. However I use a variety of Ayurvedic oils, mostly Alma, Vatika. I probably wouldn't purchase this one again, can't say I like the smell that much. Going to finish the bottle though. If you see Sesa oil try it, it's ayurvedic and has a variety of oil including bhringraj to name a few. I bought mine in Ann Arbor not sure when i'll get back there to get more. I 'll get a few bottles at a time usually. Take care Anna

I have a bottle, yes it does tingle. However I use a variety of Ayurvedic oils, mostly Alma, Vatika. I probably wouldn't purchase this one again, can't say I like the smell that much. Going to finish the bottle though. If you see Sesa oil try it, it's ayurvedic and has a variety of oil including bhringraj to name a few. I bought mine in Ann Arbor not sure when i'll get back there to get more. I 'll get a few bottles at a time usually. Take care Anna

How did you use it? I'm afraid to use it in the day , the smell is so strong. Did you notice any growth from it?

Anybody doing this regimen while in braids. I'm going back into braids today (I'm to hooked on them to let them go for long :lol: ) I want to keep up with the powders. Could I use pantyhose and filter it very well and keep going while in braids??

I use the loose tea bags to make my tea rinses so I don't have to worry about the particles. I also shampoo in braids, so I think this method could work for use in braids.

Ladies who make your own oil from powders, what is your oil to powder ratio? For example, if I have 16 oz of oil, how much of the powders should I use?

I use those also. They make things so easy. I do my bags ahead of time and the night before I need it I pop it in hot water and the next day my tea is ready to use. How do you seal yours? I use an old flat iron to seal.

Possibly silly question alert!

Is anyone currently wearing sew-ins as a protective style along with their Ayurvedic regimen? I got my first sew-in recently and I am interested in seeing how folks are caring for their two sets of hair Ayurvedically. (I imagine that for this Indian woman's hair sewn upside my head, it's just like going home. :lachen:)

I'm still trying to get the hang of caring for my natural hair well so that it actually does not become damaged by the weave and defeat the purpose. If folks wouldn't mind posting reggies, that would be most helpful. Thanks!

TRJ - You could probably use the Ayurvedic oils while in your weave. Mahabhringraj and Bhringraj are excellent for growth. Hope that helps.

Meanwhile, this is what I did yesterday.

At 6:00 am, I mixed my amla and shikakai powders in hot water. More amla than shikakai. I don't have any specific measurements...just a good eye:look:. I added extra virgin coconut oil and a cheapie conditioner, Suave Humecto. I added everything in my blender and blended. The result was it looked like a chocolate cake mix. My son saw the mixture and said..."oooooh...can I have some?":nono:

I filled up two conditioner bottles, so this should last me for a month or so. My hair was already soaked in the Shikakai and Amla oils so I was set to go. I wet my hair a little and added the mixture. Put on a plastic baggie and let it sit for 45 minutes. I had no problems rinsing as there were still some grains left, but not a lot. That is it. No extra deep conditioning, nada.

It left my hair feeling stronger and I didn't lose a lot of hair. I applied the amla and shikakai oils to my hair and braided it up, letting it air dry.

That's it. Hair smells wonderful!

Anyone tried Godrej Nupur Natural Mehendi Henna? Just found it online and it looks interesting.

I'm wondering if anyone here has tried it yet and how your hair came out.

011166J05372.jpg

I just Hennaed for the first time this weekend and I'm hooked - my hair is soooo shiny.
Are you still liking this brand, I have some and I am thinking of using it...

Questions: are these products good for growth or strength?
Is the goal to get the oils & teas on the scalp or hair?
Can you post site of where to purchase online?

I asked this in another thread but I'll ask it here as well. I have a quick question. Has anybody created a brahmi/amla spray? I'm thinking of boiling some water adding those 2 powders, straining the grit out then using it as a daily spray? Would that work or bad idea?

Back