Ayurveda Support Thread

I bought the kalpi tone AFTER I had bought all my other powders and so I alternate them. I do like using the kalpi tone mixed in with my henna sometimes and as a co-wash now also. I switch and mix it up a bit. There is no real set schedule. I treat my hair with them based on what I feel it needs at the time really. The kalpi tone though has everything in it but I when I use it I would additonal moisturizing powders like Bhringraj or my hibiscus petal powder for added moisture.
Thanks for the heads up! :yep:
I'll have to make some purchases when I have some extra cash.

I love the kalpi tone it is great to have on hand for when I want to alternate or if I run out of my other powders that I like to mix up.

Platinum I don't use Tulsi (basil) in my teas/paste but I use it in a vedic scalp cleansing oil I made. It has antimicrobial properties so it helps to keep the scalp clean. Basil is also used to promote hair growth.

Dang! A whole case....hmmm, how long does that last:look:?

Hmmm, with consistent use, probably year but I have not been using it that way as I have a ton of other powders too. Have you seen my products album in my fotki:look:? It's crazy how much hair stuff I have:grin:.

aggie how do you use your kapi tone?

The same way I use my ayurveda co-wash and I also put it in my henna mix now since I ran out of amla powder. I do need to order some more right now. It's like any of the other powders in that it can be used as a paste or as a tea rinse. I've only used it as a paste though mixed with amla, shikakai, or brahmi oil and warm to hot distilled water.

The same way I use my ayurveda co-wash and I also put it in my henna mix now since I ran out of amla powder. I do need to order some more right now. It's like any of the other powders in that it can be used as a paste or as a tea rinse. I've only used it as a paste though.

makes sense, thanks

I finally did it!!! :yep: Some of these regimens are just a bit much for me but I have been dying to use the shikakai and amla powders I had on hand. I kept it real simple and now I can't keep my hand out of my head. :grin:

On Thursday night, I prepoo'd with amla gold, coconut and peanut oils.

On Friday, I took 1 tbsp of shikakai and 2 tbsps of amla and mixed with 8 oz. of hot water. Stirred 'til dissolved and poured in a bottle with a spout (like a sports water bottle). I put a plastic cap on and got lost in the Twilight series for about 3 hours. Had to run to family's for gumbo so I jumped in the shower with some VO5 Moisture Milk Conditioner and rinsed for about 10 minutes. I got out and towel dried, then put coconut oil and ORS replenishing on my hair and detangled. Pulled back into ponytail to dry.

Got lazy and just slapped a wig on Saturday. Took the band off Saturday night before putting my satin cap on.

On Sunday, spritzed with Silk Elements Heat Protectant and flat ironed.

Voila!!!!

Yummy silky hair! My hair feels so silky and strong. I just cannot keep my hands out of my hair. I'm probably going to put my hair back up in a clip tomorrow because I don't need to play in my hair all day long but my goodness, I'm loving this right now.

And it was soooo simple. I am just kicking myself right now for having waiting this long to try this. :wallbash: I may never use shampoo again. The only thing I may do differently is cut back on the water so I won't be so messy to apply. Other than that, I am in love.

Jamarra, thank you and all of the other ladies that contribute to the ayurvedic threads on a regular. You've truly been and inspiration to me. :yep:

I finally did it!!! :yep: Some of these regimens are just a bit much for me but I have been dying to use the shikakai and amla powders I had on hand. I kept it real simple and now I can't keep my hand out of my head. :grin:

On Thursday night, I prepoo'd with amla gold, coconut and peanut oils.

On Friday, I took 1 tbsp of shikakai and 2 tbsps of amla and mixed with 8 oz. of hot water. Stirred 'til dissolved and poured in a bottle with a spout (like a sports water bottle). I put a plastic cap on and got lost in the Twilight series for about 3 hours. Had to run to family's for gumbo so I jumped in the shower with some VO5 Moisture Milk Conditioner and rinsed for about 10 minutes. I got out and towel dried, then put coconut oil and ORS replenishing on my hair and detangled. Pulled back into ponytail to dry.

Got lazy and just slapped a wig on Saturday. Took the band off Saturday night before putting my satin cap on.

On Sunday, spritzed with Silk Elements Heat Protectant and flat ironed.

Voila!!!!

Yummy silky hair! My hair feels so silky and strong. I just cannot keep my hands out of my hair. I'm probably going to put my hair back up in a clip tomorrow because I don't need to play in my hair all day long but my goodness, I'm loving this right now.

And it was soooo simple. I am just kicking myself right now for having waiting this long to try this. :wallbash: I may never use shampoo again. The only thing I may do differently is cut back on the water so I won't be so messy to apply. Other than that, I am in love.

Jamarra, thank you and all of the other ladies that contribute to the ayurvedic threads on a regular. You've truly been and inspiration to me. :yep:

Congrats!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of Ayurveda!!!:grin:

Aggie, I'm lovin the Fenugreek!!!:kiss: I have been mixing it along with the Nettle, Horsetail in my DC & cowashes, my hair feels so strong & moist. I can totally relate when someone says they can't keep their hand out of their hair:lachen:Yesterday after I did my treatment & let my hair airdry, it was soft as kitten & I hadn't even oiled it yet!!!!

Last edited:
Aggie, I'm lovin the Fenugreek!!!:kiss: I have been mixing it along with the Nettle, Horsetail in my DC & cowashes, my hair feels so strong & moist. I can totally relate when someone says they can keep their hand out of their hair:lachen:Yesterday after I did my treatment & let my hair airdry, it was soft as kitten & I hadn't even oiled it yet!!!!

I have co-washed with that as well and I must admit, it really makes my hair uber soft too:yep:. I'm glad you like it. I'm in braids now so you know it's on when I take these down right:grin:?

How many weeks post can you Henna/Indigo before it gets to hard to rinse?
I have trouble at about 6 weeks post relaxer. I hate hendigo'ing my hair after this time. It is rough on my already relaxed hair at the demarcation line!!! I know better now so never again:nono:.

I have trouble at about 6 weeks post relaxer. I hate hendigo'ing my hair after this time. It is rough on my already relaxed hair at the demarcation line!!! I know better now so never again:nono:.

Ok, that's kinda what I was thinking..... I'm almost 5wks. post so I'll do it on my next day off, hmmmm maybe tommorrow. I better not wait to long.

Ok, that's kinda what I was thinking..... I'm almost 5wks. post so I'll do it on my next day off, hmmmm maybe tommorrow. I better not wait to long.

Yes that's good, you don't want to wait too long. Your hair might get a little upset with you:yep:. Good luck with it honey.

I am pre-pooing with Amla Plus oil, Shikakai oil, raw shea, coconut oil, Bhringraj oil & Bhringraj conditioner. I will use my first tea rinse tomorrow with Amla, Brahmi, (very little)Shikakai & Kapoor Kachli...forgive the spelling! Can't wait to see the turnout! I'll finally post some pics (I just joined the forum)

I am pre-pooing with Amla Plus oil, Shikakai oil, raw shea, coconut oil, Bhringraj oil & Bhringraj conditioner. I will use my first tea rinse tomorrow with Amla, Brahmi, (very little)Shikakai & Kapoor Kachli...forgive the spelling! Can't wait to see the turnout! I'll finally post some pics (I just joined the forum)

Welcome!!! I'm sure you'll love it:grin:

Thanks, flowinlocks. My goal is WL too. Let's keep each other posted about great methods like ayurveda to get there!
Happy Growing

I don't fall into 1 category. I guess I am SL, but my hair is not all 1 length. I have been puting ayurvedic oils on every day for the last since Saturday. My hair is better than it has been in my life, I think we'll get good progress in a timely fashion. These ladies on the forum are growing hair like crazy. I see you are in MI also, where do you get your oils & powders?

I don't fall into 1 category. I guess I am SL, but my hair is not all 1 length. I have been puting ayurvedic oils on every day for the last since Saturday. My hair is better than it has been in my life, I think we'll get good progress in a timely fashion. These ladies on the forum are growing hair like crazy. I see you are in MI also, where do you get your oils & powders?

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=287149

I would like to reach WL by July 2010 @ the latest, how about you?

Wow, either you are extremely optimistic, or you are short in stature, or your hair grows extremely fast and you never trim, either way, keep up the optimism, it will help you reach your goal or close to it pretty quickly. I wish I could be this optimistic:yep:.

I got my relaxer on yesterday and my beautician made the comment on how fast my hair has grown. In Oct. of 2007 my hair was tapered in the back and had grown to where you see the picture before ayurveda. As soon as I can figure out how to down load and post a picture again I will show the after ayurveda shot which I started in August of 2008.

Also before my relaxer, I oiled my new growth with coconut oil and olive oil mixed together. It was a perfect combo. My new growth was very soft and managable.

Back