Ayurveda Lovers Unite!!!

I used my BAM paste (Brahmi, Amla, Maka), which took me not only a mermaid soak to rinse out, but an additional shower a few hours later to get completely out. Whew! But, I don't mind as much because I love the results.

I received my Jamila henna last week. But, I will use on Monday. I can't wait. I'm still figuring out what mixture I will create.

That's amazing! I always thought Bhringraj was the only one with the sleep inducing properties. I know my Amla and Shikakai oil I must use in the day. For some reason they keep me up.

gunna bust out the amla and brahmi powder tonight for an aryuvedic pre poo.
trying to decide if they are coming with me to Germany for 3 weeks?

yesterday i did a shikakai, brahmi, maka paste w/ honey, oils and condish (it was in the freezer for a few weeks and i just thawed it out) i left it on for about 2 hrs..i lost track of time and it was under my scarf lol and then did a acv rinse and followed up with a DC w/ tresemme naturals, honey, and grapeseed oil...omg my hair hair is soooo soft...and i pre-poo'd b4 hand and i was running my hands through to make sure all the hair was coated, and my hair was either shedding or breaking like crazy i lost way more hair than ususal, and didnt even fully detangle, but after the paste, not one hair came out...i really have to up my ayurvedic treatments to evryweek, and get some more oils...i use vatika oil like 3-4x a week though...i plan on ordering some goodies from ayurnatural beauty soon(esp since i heard about the upcoming cassia blend...i think its gonna be the cassia version of nupur) and because she has the oils w/o mineral oil...and i need to hit up my local indian grocers for some fenugreek, more maka and brahmi, and more vatika oil and rosewater (i love this in an aloe spritz, and i mixed it with acv for a toner and it did wonders for my skin along with oil cleansing, but i slacked off recently =/)

My hair is soaking in a mix of castor, gingelly and mustard oils. I am mixing up henna, cassia and amla paste :lick:

Gingelly?

yesterday i did a shikakai, brahmi, maka paste w/ honey, oils and condish (it was in the freezer for a few weeks and i just thawed it out) i left it on for about 2 hrs..i lost track of time and it was under my scarf lol and then did a acv rinse and followed up with a DC w/ tresemme naturals, honey, and grapeseed oil...omg my hair hair is soooo soft...and i pre-poo'd b4 hand and i was running my hands through to make sure all the hair was coated, and my hair was either shedding or breaking like crazy i lost way more hair than ususal, and didnt even fully detangle, but after the paste, not one hair came out...i really have to up my ayurvedic treatments to evryweek, and get some more oils...i use vatika oil like 3-4x a week though...i plan on ordering some goodies from ayurnatural beauty soon(esp since i heard about the upcoming cassia blend...i think its gonna be the cassia version of nupur) and because she has the oils w/o mineral oil...and i need to hit up my local indian grocers for some fenugreek, more maka and brahmi, and more vatika oil and rosewater (i love this in an aloe spritz, and i mixed it with acv for a toner and it did wonders for my skin along with oil cleansing, but i slacked off recently =/)

I love it! I will say my hair seemed to thrive when I did my treatments once a week.:yep: I'm goin hard with Ayurveda in 2011.

I use Idhayam gingelly oil (South India). It is made from untoasted sesame seeds and jaggery. It is not dark like sesame oils from Japan and China.

more on jaggery: Gur Jaggery | Natural Sugar

gingelly, castor and mustard oils are my favorite blend for muscle cramps (pinched nerves). I always have a bottle and sometimes use it for pre-poo or oil rinses :yep:

Thanks for that info.

Congratulations on your 1st henna! What was your mixture? I see in an earlier post you bought Jamila.

2 boxes of Jamila (next time I'll just do 150)
1/2 cup of Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
1 cup of Vo5 Passionfruit Smoothie
3 cups of hot distilled water
2 splashes of lemon juice

Mix. Sit overnight. Before applying, I put 3 tsps. of my coconut-avocado-peppermint-rosemary-EVOO mix in. I kept it in for about 7 hours.

I made a paste using aloe vera gel - Amla/Rose Petal Powder/Brahmi.

How did that turn out?

Getting ready to pre-poo and dry finger detangle my hair before using my poo bar. Going to make a sincere attempt at cornrowing/braiding my hair. :lol:

Last edited:
Well it start of a new year with Ayurveda! I have been massaging my scalp every night with my Bhringraj oil. This morning I use Bhrami/Amla oil and Shikakai oil to preoil before my tea rinse.

Last edited:
I'm so happy I found this thread, I have so much to learn from u ladies. I'm at work on my iPod sneaking at my cubicle reading every post.

I'm so excited to finally be apart of the Ayurvedic world of hair care and healthy living

I took my weave out and doing ayurveda for a month before my next install. My hair is thriving and looking and feeling good. Strong yet pliable. Very little shedding.

I am doing henna every week.
I am staying away from buying any new brahmi powder after the hesh brahmi scare (that's the brand they sell in the stores here).

I took my weave out and doing ayurveda for a month before my next install. My hair is thriving and looking and feeling good. Strong yet pliable. Very little shedding.

I am doing henna every week.
I am staying away from buying any new brahmi powder after the hesh brahmi scare (that's the brand they sell in the stores here).

Lol, I hate to say it, but that's the brand of all the powders I just used in my tea rinse. Including Brahmi. I checked out lot numbers during the time they had the issues and mine didn't match. So I plan on using up what I have.

And that is a very good description of how my hair feels while using Ayurveda products. Strong yet soft, and pliable plus little shedding to boot! What else can a girl ask for?

Hello everyone.

I've been interested in ayurvedic haircare so tonight I ordered a bunch of powders from FNWL so I look forward to them getting here.

Do many people here use them while their hair is in braids? B/c I plan on braiding throughout the year.

Also, I'm assuming you can comb your hair after the wash and condition process is done, right? I saw a few posts where people said you can't comb your hair until the next wash day, is that true, if so, why?

Hello everyone.

I've been interested in ayurvedic haircare so tonight I ordered a bunch of powders from FNWL so I look forward to them getting here.

Do many people here use them while their hair is in braids? B/c I plan on braiding throughout the year.

Also, I'm assuming you can comb your hair after the wash and condition process is done, right? I saw a few posts where people said you can't comb your hair until the next wash day, is that true, if so, why?

Welcome to the world of Ayurveda!! Yes some people do use the teas and oils while in braids. I wouldn't suggest the past as it would not rinse out properly.

If a paste is applied to the hair it should not be combed or manipulated until rinsed out. However I see no reason why someone would post this. Sounds like they did something wrong. :look: That's why I ALWAYS say it pays to read read read when it come to trying out these powders.

There is a wealth of information with the links I provided in this thread. If you like you can also check out my blog. It answers a lot of questions also without having to jump around threads.

Back