Ayurveda Lovers Unite!!!

"rinses" you mean less powders more waters in my mixture? Usually I mix 6 tablespoon of powders with water until it becomes a nice paste.
Yes, it can be just as effective. add maybe 1TBS powder into 1-2C of hot water. Let it 'seep'. Then if you like, you can strain it. You will still have to apply the tea to pre-oiled hair. After I apply my tea, I cover in plastic then scritch/massage my scalp for a couple minutes. I usually feel tingles. I love it. :lick:

I did a henna today first time this year, mix it my other powders left in on my hair 2 hrs that as long as I could do. I can't do overnight sleep too wild. I use henna to get that red overtone to overcast the temple grays. I need to order some indigo for that.

where do you ladies get rosewater at a reasonable price - online

I see rosewater here in Jamaica but it artificially flavoured rosewater for baking, and it has alcohol and parabens in it .... didnt even know parabens were in items made for consumption

it's difficult to find a true one. it's like amla oil, lots of people swears by the DABUR one, but it's only petrolateum oil with 1% of amla :nono:
maybe doing an homemade one?rose petals with distilled water.

it's difficult to find a true one. it's like amla oil, lots of people swears by the DABUR one, but it's only petrolateum oil with 1% of amla :nono:
maybe doing an homemade one?rose petals with distilled water.

googled it and it seems pretty simple, basically u steep/slow boil the rose petals. I was all gungho abt it until reality hit me

Notes on Preparation:
  • Rose petals must be freshly picked and have no pesticides or chemicals used on them.
  • Pick the roses just after the morning dew has evaporated, about 2 to 3 hours after sunrise.
  • Use only the petals, not the stems or leaves.
ahhh ummm ... my mother would literally murder me if I went about picking her freshly bloomed roses :nono:

Just got around to making a shikakaki/brahmi oil infusion.

I used 1/2tsp shikakaki, and 1tsp Brahmi. This is ALOT less powder than I used my first ever oil infusion (heaping tablespoons smh)

I eye-balled my oil, but I'd say I have about 2oz EVCO and 4-5oz of castor oil in my potpourri bowl cooking. Once that has settled and cooled, I'll also add 1-2oz of WGO as well.

I really hope this works out as well as I think it will.

Just got around to making a shikakaki/brahmi oil infusion.

I used 1/2tsp shikakaki, and 1tsp Brahmi. This is ALOT less powder than I used my first ever oil infusion (heaping tablespoons smh)

I eye-balled my oil, but I'd say I have about 2oz EVCO and 4-5oz of castor oil in my potpourri bowl cooking. Once that has settled and cooled, I'll also add 1-2oz of WGO as well.

I really hope this works out as well as I think it will.

How did your infusion turn out?

instead of doing a henna this past weekend i ended up doing a hard core aphogee treatment because i straightened my hair for the first time. this weekend i wont do a henna because im going to do another protein treatment. but next week i will be back on my regular hennaing once a week plan. this time i plan on adding some bhringraj powder.

whooohooo Im back!
Im outta my weave and ready to henna my hair.
My indian co-worker got me some henna and she told me to mix it with water from tea bags and let it sit and then add some lime juice and yogurt to it. Is there anything else i should know.

I did my herbal paste treatment, which I do once a week (Amla-Brahmi-Maka) after I clarified my hair.

Question: What's the better henna? Jamila or Napur? For my birthday (which is tomorrow), my DH is giving me some $$ and I want to get some from ayurnaturalbeauty.com. But, which one is best?

^ Based on reviews from this site, Napur 9 blend seems to win. BTW, Ayurnatural is supposed to be having a sale this month.

I did a mehendhi henna/kalpi tone tea rinse this morning and my hair is feeling pretty strong right now. I am DCing all day today with Alter Ego Garlic Treatment on my scalp and hair:yep:.

^ Based on reviews from this site, Napur 9 blend seems to win. BTW, Ayurnatural is supposed to be having a sale this month.

Thanks!

I hope they do have a sale!
Been waiting on this sale since Black Friday. Hope she gets her powders restocked. She went with another brand. Dropped Hesh. And I surely hope she gets her Rosewater restocked. She told me on FB she's going with another brand for this, too. Literally been waiting for months on the rosewater.

whooohooo Im back!
Im outta my weave and ready to henna my hair.
My indian co-worker got me some henna and she told me to mix it with water from tea bags and let it sit and then add some lime juice and yogurt to it. Is there anything else i should know.

See posts 190 to 195.

Ok, so this thread reminded me that I've had some homemade infusion oils sitting in the potpourri pot just sitting there for like 5+ days now...lol time to strain into a bottle.

Thanks for the reminder ladies..can't wait to massage in.

I did my regular DC and followed with my herbal oils and really concentrated on applying the Mahabringraj oil with Maka into my hair and scalp. I'll be picking up some other Ayurvedic oils soon, and maybe trying out some Amla, Hibiscus, or Rose petal powder.

Wondering has anyone tried to make an ayurveda leave-in? After, I do my weekly ayurveda treatment I would like to have a leave-in, after I rinse out my treatment/mask. If not, then would it be harmful to my hair if I make a tea and use this as my leave-in/daily spritz moisturizer? I would like to know review and thoughts about an ayurveda leave-in.
TIA

Wondering has anyone tried to make an ayurveda leave-in? After, I do my weekly ayurveda treatment I would like to have a leave-in, after I rinse out my treatment/mask. If not, then would it be harmful to my hair if I make a tea and use this as my leave-in/daily spritz moisturizer? I would like to know review and thoughts about an ayurveda leave-in.
TIA
I left a maka/brahmi rinse in my head once. It was no big deal. It didn't leave my hair silky moisturized or anything that following day once it had dried. But, leaving it in, with a baggy on...:lick: that felt great!

TIA

I made a few leave ins but I couldn't get the smell right. So I ended up using them for cowashes. The first one was EVCO, Shiakaki, Brahmi ,Neem. The second batch was Bhringraj, Brahmi, Horsetail, Nettle

I do however use Ayurveda oils that I haven't made for leave ins everyday.

As far as the tea for a leave in. Depends on how strong your mix is. There are some wonderful recipes floating around that the ladies have created.

ya i figured getting the strength correct would be the difficult part. I figure I want a moisturizing leave-in only because after an ayurveda treatment my hair has strenghten like it just has protein treatment...

So I was thinking more along the lines...

1.) 50% Water
2.) 25% Bhringraj/Maka
3.) 20% Hibiscus Petal
4.) 5% Brahmi

Does this sound moisturizing w/ a tad bit of strength?

I ordered my Jamila henna from ayurnatural beauty on Tuesday. So, I'm hoping it'll be here by Saturday; although, I won't use it to Tuesday (I have kids and I can't have them here when I apply it).

I did my herb paste treatment on Monday. Today I'll co-wash with a tsp of Brahmi powder added. I love these herbs so much.

I ordered Jamila Henna and Indigo from Ayurnatural Beauty. This weekend will be my first time using henna. I haven't decided what my mixture will be but I hope I have great results.

ya i figured getting the strength correct would be the difficult part. I figure I want a moisturizing leave-in only because after an ayurveda treatment my hair has strenghten like it just has protein treatment...

So I was thinking more along the lines...

1.) 50% Water
2.) 25% Bhringraj/Maka
3.) 20% Hibiscus Petal
4.) 5% Brahmi

Does this sound moisturizing w/ a tad bit of strength?

Actually it does, the only thing I would add is a touch of glycerin and some EO for scent and to help preserve it.

I just rinsed out my shikakai-brahmi-amla paste .. my hair feels wonderfully soft! I mixed my paste using aloe vera gel instead of water :love3:

Back