August 2016 What Did You Buy This Week?

What do you do when family sends you unexpected and unbudgeted money? Well buy hair products ofcourse!!

Ordered things i had been eyeing for a while but hadn't bought because a gal lives on a bugdet :

A heat DC cap(finally)
A new satin bonnet to replace my 8month old one
8 oz Burdock root/capsicum growth tincture
2× 8 oz Curl junkie curl rehab

Now can't decide if i'm going to try my Obia babassu or this CJ DC first when my SM DCers finish....

Last edited:
Happened to be at Walgreens.

Saw tiny samples of two products -- one that I feel it would be really good to try on my hair, and one I was just sort of curious about because it's the mousse product in a line that seems like it might really work for my hair. I am soooooo glad I saw these samples! They are the SM JBCO leave-in conditioner and the Design Essentials Natural line's mousse. Now I can see how a supposedly moisturizing mousse does my hair, but without having a huge bottle of mousse that I might hardly ever use again. YAY!

* Finally checked out my online cart at APB: Only ordered APB's non-glycerin refresher spray (I can always add glycerin if I need to).
* My Ouidad double detangling comb arrived from Ebay, according to the tracking info. Glad I didn't know before doing my hair today, as I would have been testing it out instead of focusing on my new products.
* If I can manage to swing by Ulta today, I'll purchase the Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Stretch. (ETA: And the styling lotion, now that I've read blog reviews from those with Type 4 hair. :look:) It's not expensive and it might help me to trap my hair's just-out-of-the-shower look. We'll see. I do not think this product is Curly Girl or Max Hydration Method -friendly, though.

Product description reads: Loosens tight curls, stretches and lengthens curls. Removes puffiness, prevents curl skrinkage. Hydrates, defines, softens coarse curls. Smoothes frizz, adds shine and repels humidity.
That's a lot of claims! :smile:

Last edited:
Okay since this is my last purchase for a month I thought I'd let all my sisters know that I just bought from Naturelle Grow

x1 Chamomile and Burdock Root Deep Conditioner 8 oz

x1 Sweet Greens Deep Hair Conditioner 16 oz (I really think I'm going to :love: this one a lot, I don't know why but I'll report my results)

x1 Sweet Plantain Moisture Rich Leave-in Conditioner 16 oz ( this one really appealed to the Caribbean blood in me):yep:

x1 Jamaica Me Crazy Hair Conditioner 8 oz

x1 Hibiscus and Honey Leave-In Conditioner 8 oz

x1 Hibiscus and Honey Moisturizing Deep Conditioner 8 oz

I don't know, but there's something about hibiscus that just gets me going bananas! :lol: PLus my hair seems to love honey...a lot!

Tis All! :blush:

Last edited:
2x 20pcs 50cm Magic Circle Hair Styling Water Wave Roller Curler Leverag Tool

I bought the faux curlformers yrs ago and every time I decide to do a set (this past weekend included), I hate the results. Tight sprial curls look silly on me...hopefully the wavy will fair better results.

2x 20pcs 50cm Magic Circle Hair Styling Water Wave Roller Curler Leverag Tool

I bought the faux curlformers yrs ago and every time I decide to do a set (this past weekend included), I hate the results. Tight sprial curls look silly on me...hopefully the wavy will fair better results.

:look: Ditto! Me, too! Except I never bought the original type of curlformer. I knew I would not like it. Can't believe shipping was free!

Last night I convo'ed Renee from Naturelle Grow to combine my two orders and refund one of the shipping costs. She answered right away. I even got a notification from Paypal stating that one of my $6.75 shipping fee was refunded already.

Okay I gatta say, this woman is going to get a lot of my money just for her stellar customer service alone. I really like her!

I almost got misty eyed after this experience, especially after that crazy fiasco with Bianca from HQS. I still get mad when I think about that one.

Last night I convo'ed Renee from Naturelle Grow to combine my two orders and refund one of the shipping costs. She answered right away. I even got a notification from Paypal stating that one of my $6.75 shipping fee was refunded already.

Okay I gatta say, this woman is going to get a lot of my money just for her stellar customer service alone. I really like her!

I almost got misty eyed after this experience, especially after that crazy fiasco with Bianca from HQS. I still get mad when I think about that one.

:yep: Cosigning. I just only recently discovered her, and she has been amazing. She's getting more of my support and dollars in the future. Thanks for sharing.

She does have awesome CS. I actually need to re-up on the sweet greens dc and the herbal blends dc.

* Finally checked out my online cart at APB: Only ordered APB's non-glycerin refresher spray (I can always add glycerin if I need to).
* My Ouidad double detangling comb arrived from Ebay, according to the tracking info. Glad I didn't know before doing my hair today, as I would have been testing it out instead of focusing on my new products.
* If I can manage to swing by Ulta today, I'll purchase the Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Stretch. (ETA: And the styling lotion, now that I've read blog reviews from those with Type 4 hair. :look:) It's not expensive and it might help me to trap my hair's just-out-of-the-shower look. We'll see. I do not think this product is Curly Girl or Max Hydration Method -friendly, though.

Product description reads: Loosens tight curls, stretches and lengthens curls. Removes puffiness, prevents curl skrinkage. Hydrates, defines, softens coarse curls. Smoothes frizz, adds shine and repels humidity.
That's a lot of claims! :smile:

Just got the Marc Anthony Strictly Curls: the Stretch and the Curl Defining Lotion. :yay: Curly Nikki turned me onto them, and blog raves have had me itching to try it.

Providence: It's Buy One Get One 1/2 Off . . . Annnnnnnd there was a lady in the store with GORGEOUS 3c/4a hair. Similar to my pattern but slightly looser. I asked her, "What do you use?" She pulled me over to another aisle in the store and said, "Here it is!"

Would you believe it was the Marc Anthony?! :smile:

Love it. Sometimes this journey is so fun.

Back