August 2008 Hits and Misses!

Esq.2B

It's that time again.

Tee just asked about this in another thread so I figured I'd start one.

I'll go first.

Hits
Pincurling! In the past, to maintain a curly set, I would roll my hair on magnetic rollers EVERY night. :look: It was stupid, I know. For some reason, whenever people talked about pincurling, I thought they were referencing the flat curls that lay on the head. Kind of like this:
pincurls.jpg
I So instead, I used magnetics and used to toss and turn in the bed all night with those hard rollers in my head. :lachen: My friend explained to me what was meant by "pincurl" and this week my hair was fieeeeerce. :grin: I pincurled it each night before bed. By the next day, my curls would look even better than the night before! Definitely a hit!

Misses
None!

OMG It's August 2nd and someone is just posting this thread? :look::grin:

Can you post pics of your pin curls? I'd like to try them, because sleeping with rollers actually does nothing for me after the first night.

It's that time again.

Tee just asked about this in another thread so I figured I'd start one.

I'll go first.

Hits
Pincurling! In the past, to maintain a curly set, I would roll my hair on magnetic rollers EVERY night. :look: It was stupid, I know. For some reason, whenever people talked about pincurling, I thought they were referencing the flat curls that lay on the head. Kind of like this:
pincurls.jpg
I So instead, I used magnetics and used to toss and turn in the bed all night with those hard rollers in my head. :lachen: My friend explained to me what was meant by "pincurl" and this week my hair was fieeeeerce. :grin: I pincurled it each night before bed. By the next day, my curls would look even better than the night before! Definitely a hit!

Misses
None!
Yahhhhh, here it is!! I did a search and everything. I was like, "No way we don't have one started yet." Thanks Esq.2B.

I love love love pincurls. I just learned how to do it about 2 weeks ago. Love them. :love5:

Can you post pics of your pin curls? I'd like to try them, because sleeping with rollers actually does nothing for me after the first night.

Yeah, I thought maybe someone had already created this thread because someone one-starred me. :lachen:

pincurl1.jpg

212admv.jpg

Last edited:

SCREW U!:lachen:

I done posted a dangone picture for your *** and everything!

HIT:

Hairveda Whipped Gelly. I will keep this on hand at all times. My edges are laid down so nice and sleek, yet not hard. Thy feel great.

Hairveda Shea Aloe Mousse. This is a hair butter that add moisture to the hair. I used after I washed my hair today. My hair isn't dry and it's very soft to the touch. Love it. Will repurchase this one too.

Hairveda Whipped Cream. I have used this before, but since I stopped bagging, I stopped using it. This is soooo much more than just a baggie cream. (I think that is why BJ took Baggie out the name.) I used it today to seal my ends before I braided them up for my bun. It smells and feel great!

Hairveda has been my August Hit! My hair feels, looks, and smell heavenly. :love4:

HIT:

Hairveda Whipped Gelly. I will keep this on hand at all times. My edges are laid down so nice and sleek, yet not hard. Thy feel great.

Hairveda Shea Aloe Mousse. This is a hair butter that add moisture to the hair. I used after I washed my hair today. My hair isn't dry and it's very soft to the touch. Love it. Will repurchase this one too.

Hairveda Whipped Cream. I have used this before, but since I stopped bagging, I stopped using it. This is soooo much more than just a baggie cream. (I think that is why BJ took Baggie out the name.) I used it today to seal my ends before I braided them up for my bun. It smells and feel great!

Hairveda has been my August Hit! My hair feels, looks, and smell heavenly. :love4:

I have a question about the Whipped Gelly since I'm looking for something to lay my edges down. Have you ever used the Elasta QP Mango Butter? If so, how does the Whipped Gelly compare to the Elasta QP Mango Butter?

TIA

HIT:

I copped the whipped jelly...I like it...the smell is quite nice...:yep:
If I hear about this whipped cream one mo agin...:wallbash:

There were things I bought in July that I wish I had allotted my hair funds elsewhere :ohwell:...I coulda had that whipped cream instead of summin else..:sad: oh well...

Hits:

Elucence MB Conditioner - thank you cuzin Lav..mad I was sleeping on this...staying in the regimen for the year

Pantene RN Breakage Defense Mask - I swear this saves my brown *** time and time again (tosses prayers up they don't mess with this in anyway)

Shescentit's Fortifying Mask - nice smell, left my hair soft and strong. Quite nice

Cocosta Shikakakiakaiakai Oil - mad at myself that I ever strayed and stopped using for awhile. Won't do that again. :nono: Hit Dangit. Hit.

HIT - CO Bigelow Restorative Hair Mask - purchased a few of these from bath body works during the clearance and finally tried it today. It has a pleasant smell and left my hair smooth and shiny.

Jury still out - Optimum care dry hair healer - pleasant smell and moisturizes, but I felt like it left my hair a little greasy.

You're welcome! And what in the hizell is a curly peen? :look:

ETA: Awe hey TEE! :wave: Thaaaaaanks!:bighug:
:grouphug:
I have a question about the Whipped Gelly since I'm looking for something to lay my edges down. Have you ever used the Elasta QP Mango Butter? If so, how does the Whipped Gelly compare to the Elasta QP Mango Butter?

TIA
YES, and I love the Mango Butter for edges. That has been one of my key products for the edges. So, I really love both products. The difference you ask..............The Whipped Gelly is not super thick as the Mango Butter. Of course I love that the Whipped Gelly is all natural. The whipped Gelly lays my hair down as if I put Gel in it; but my hair is not hard like a gel would leave it. They both smell great but I like the Whipped Gelly better. HTH I think I will keep Whipped Gelly as my staple product now. I am so in love with the texture of this product. :love2:

I copped the whipped jelly...I like it...the smell is quite nice...:yep:
If I hear about this whipped cream one mo agin...:wallbash:

There were things I bought in July that I wish I had allotted my hair funds elsewhere :ohwell:...I coulda had that whipped cream instead of summin else..:sad: oh well...

Hits:

Elucence MB Conditioner - thank you cuzin Lav..mad I was sleeping on this...staying in the regimen for the year

Pantene RN Breakage Defense Mask - I swear this saves my brown *** time and time again (tosses prayers up they don't mess with this in anyway)

Shescentit's Fortifying Mask - nice smell, left my hair soft and strong. Quite nice

Cocosta Shikakakiakaiakai Oil - mad at myself that I ever strayed and stopped using for awhile. Won't do that again. :nono: Hit Dangit. Hit.

I can't wait to try the Cocosta Skikakai Oil. I didn't use it today but I will. *Elucence is one of my fav lines.*

Miss:

Herbal Essence Hello Hydration. When you can't moisturize my hair just for pre-pooing or co-washing, you suck! Thankfully I got it for $1 off (was $2) at Dollar General.

HITS:
megatek...nuff said
learning to do my own kinky twists/box braids
glycerin and AV juice as a moisturizer

MISS:
vs so sexy balancing condish...thank goodness i got the small bottle, the fragrance had to grow on me and it didnt moisturize crap, hope it wasnt sposed to

YET TO TRY:
trader joe's nourish spa conditioner
HE conditioners
rollersetting

How many pages did you have to go back to find it? I finally stop at four pages. It didn't come up in my search either. Oh well, I guess we can just go with this one.
I didn't go back in pages it was started by the same girl that started the buy thread :spinning:

Hit: Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor Conditioner . . . This was actually bought and used in July, :lachen:but I can't seem to find the July 2008 Hit and Miss thread.:nono:

Definitely a keeper.

HIT:

I just checked out the site, seems like a very interesting line!

Back