Are you in a GREAT relationship? SPILL!!

poookie

I browse through here, and there is a lot of depressing stuff going on. Cheating, abuse, etc...

Are you happily married?
Are you and S/O truly, truly happy?

If so, share!

Share what makes you two click so well.
Share the things (keep it clean, though :) ) that you and SO do to make each other happy.

Share how you knew that SO was the one for you.

Share the positivity, so that young women like me don't go on thinking that all men are liars, cheaters, and stoopid :grin:

Alright, this is not the same person all my threads are about. But recently, I met this AMAZING guy who I have a lot of fun with. He's adventurous like I am, so his idea of a good time includes going to amusement parks, climbing mountains, etc.

I don't know if he's "the one," but he does make me very happy. ^_^ I'm not sure what makes us click exactly, but being around him makes my life better in other areas. I'm less anxious, laugh more easily, etc. I think it's because he's just in general a happy person, and it rubs off.

Things we do to make each other happy... He holds my hand ALL the time (even on rollercoasters, lol), he tells me how he feels about me, etc. I'm not quite certain what about me makes him so happy, but he always tells me I make him feel like the luckiest guy in the world.

Another thing that makes me happy is that his family likes/approves of me! ^_^ And he's not afraid to talk to them about how he feels about me, which is something I'm not actually used to.

Overall, I just have a really fun time spending time with him. There's not much specifically I can point out, but obviously the things I *can* point out make a semi-long post... and I could go on... but I think I've gone on enough! ^_^

This is a great topic OP. You are right. There is so much negativity on here when it comes to relationships and that can leave alot of women jaded. So here’s my story.

I've been married for a little over a year to the most wonderful man ever. We met and got engaged about 4 months after meeting and married 9 :blush: I NEVER expected our courtship to be so quick, but prior to him I had been in another relationship that was cool. The guy was great, smart, attentive, but I just didnt feel the passion that I would want to feel with someone I would share my life with. He would do anything for me, but I just wasnt madly in love. :ohwell: I chose to end the relationship and started praying about things in my life. I was kind of lonely at the time and thought that maybe I should get back with my ex. Afterall, it wasnt like we ended things on a bad note. I started thinking that maybe I was stupid for letting go of a really good man for no good reason. I mean, even my overly protective father thought I was making a mistake. Long story short, I prayed and God told me that I needed to let the relationship go and spend time with Him (God.) He also told me that I would meet someone before the end of the year (this was probably May 2006) and that the person would be my husband. :huh:
OK, to make things clear, I had never had a previous experience with God talking to me, so what He was revealing to me and the fact that I was conscious of the fact that God was talking to me was crazy. I am usually a person who takes years to go from one serious relationship to another.

Anyhow, just as promised, I met my DH a few months later in October of 2006. When we had our first convo, it was really natural like we’d known each other for years. He was so sweet and REALLY attentive and bold (just how I like em). Anyhow, about 3 weeks after meeting him, he invited me and my family to spend Thanksgiving with his family (they do it ridiculously big on Thanksgiving). I knew at that time that he was really serious about me, because men dont just bring any chick and their clan around his entire family. I met EVERYONE and we had a blast.

One thing I remember while we were dating was that he called me at about 6am. It was dark and raining. He lived an hour away from me and he told me to come to the door. I was suprised bc it was mad early, he had to be at work at 8am, and he had never just popped up at my house. To make matters worse, I had stank nasty MTG and a baggy on my head and looked a hot mess. So I tried to get myself together and went to the door. I looked around and saw no one, but on my doorstep were 1 dozen roses and a card. :rosebud:This man had gotten up at 4:30am, got dressed for work, drove to the grocery store to get flowers, then made an hour drive to my house, delivered them by 6 and was off to drive back in the same direction as his house to make it to work in rush hour traffic by 8am. I was beyond sprung, and apparently so was he...lol.:love:

He was actually the first to bring up marriage and I think we both just felt comfortable because we knew exactly what we wanted. From seeing him around his family, I knew that I had to have him. He adores his mom and sister and his nieces and nephews love him. He's an all around family man and he loves Jesus, which was/is important to me.

Whenever he told me he would do something - he did. I never had to wait on phone calls or wonder if I should make backup plans just in case he faked or “something came up.” He always wanted tobe around me as much as I wanted to be around him. I realized that contrary to other relationships, I had no reason to call my friends on some "do you think he likes me?" Or "OK, so he said XYZ to me, what do you think that means?" Me and my friends were BIG on analyzing and deciphering the "codes" of guys we dated. With my DH, there was no need for it. There was no mysterious code. Whatever he said was CLEAR. Whatever he promised was DONE. Whatever he felt, he EXPRESSED. Period!!!! He NEVER tried to front with me. Even early on, he would say things or refer to me in ways that made me say "dang, he's hella bold. He's wide open and he DOES NOT care." I LOVED and continue to love that about him. While some “men” would call it simpin, I call it confidence.

Now that we are married, it's still the same. Of course we have our disagreements at time, but my husband is soooo patient with me. I will push a negro’s buttons, esp now that I'm pregnant, but he has never responded in anger. He just prays when I'm acting up or plays madden. He works so hard and really sacrifices to make me happy. He always gives me massages and rubs my feet when I come home and makes me little spa baths with our foot spa thingy. I do my wifely duties, but I’m 7 months pregnant and tired. So he will make dinner, wash dishes, and do laundry (wash, dry, fold, AND put them away) if I don’t :laundry: To make me happy, he’ll sit through episodes of Bridezilla or the Hills :look:with me and in return I try not to log onto LHCF when Im supposed to be watching ESPN or the Colbert Report with him. He loves hanging out with my mom and dad and makes frequent requests to go to their house. Even though I think it has alot to do with their flat screen and the fact that they are always watching ESPN and my mom, dad, and DH get into long convo's over ANY sport, I love that he loves my family.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop there. I have been in baaaaaaaaaad relationships before and can relate to the drama that's posted here. But those experiences made me appreciate my husband so much more. The guy that I dated before my DH was also a really good guy, he just want the one for me. But, I feel bad for those who truly believe that there are no good men left. Sure, it's not easy to find them, just as it's not easy to find good women, but we're out there and so are the men.

DH and I are very happy together. We have been a couple for about four years. I must say our first year was very difficult and we were both unsure our relationship would survive. However, we learned to understand each other and matured and blossomed in our relationship together. Books by Dr. Laura as well as her radio show were very helpful. Premarital counseling was also extremely helpful.

We are best friends and like to fool around a lot. DH makes me laugh, he loves that I laugh. We still go out on dates, and at least once a year we go back on a date to the little Italian restaurant we first ate at, even though it is very far away.

We like to watch the same TV shows, so at night we snuggle up and watch them, and during the summers we get DVDs and watch marathons on the weekends.

We try to keep the sex alive, even though it means I end up cranky some mornings because for some reason sex makes me wide awake and it makes DH pass out. Go figure. In the mornings we always set the alarm one hour ahead and cuddle before we get out of bed.

I'm in the most amazing relationship I could ever imagine, with the most amazing man.

Me "spilling" would result in the probably the longest post in LCHF history and this mojito he made me is not going to help so I'll leave it be with the first sentence. LOL

I will say this...he definetly led me to FIND my faith in love and men (I can't say "renew" because before him....I never had any).

I'm in the most amazing relationship I could ever imagine, with the most amazing man.

Me "spilling" would result in the probably the longest post in LCHF history and this mojito he made me is not going to help so I'll leave it be with the first sentence. LOL

I will say this...he definetly led me to FIND my faith in love and men (I can't say "renew" because before him....I never had any).

Lboogie,

you look very happy and ur dress is sooo amazing i love the color!!!!:yep:

All of your stories are so uplifting! I have a happy tear in my eye from reading them!!!
Thanks for sharing :)

I'll say this and its going to sound very cliche but I had a lot of really bad relationships to find the really good man I have now. This is the same guy that I always post about in these happy threads :) so it really doesn't need to be repeated but I will reiterate that he is the most patient and forgiving, amazingly selfless and decent that I've ever known and I thank God every night for seeing fit to have brought him in my life:yep:

I am truly the happiest I've ever been in my life...married my soul mate, life partner, best friend (all of em') on May 25. We met online and have been inseparable since our first in-person meeting. I've grown so much since I met him and I know he's the one for me because everyday I am continuing to become a better person. He is generous, loving, understanding, PATIENT....just amazing. Hmph - yall got me in here at work ready to tear about thinking about how lucky I KNOW I am.

But - I had to get through some real ignant ones before I found him.

It's official. Only 5 of all the gorgeous, fabulous, fierce, accomplished women on lhcf are in great relationships. :ohwell::lachen:

Jus' kidding.

Lboogie, do tell. I'm always admiring your pics and sensing your happiness, and would love to hear your story.

I am in a great relationship. I :love: my SO, and he, my little pug and I make an adorable little family.:yep: We've been together almost 2 yrs, and it has been a whirlwind -- for BOTH of us. Sometimes when I just look at him, I want to cry. I know that sounds strange, but I just see him and think about how I feel about him, and how he makes me feel and I get that lump right in the throat.

All couples have their ups and downs - great relationship doesn't = never disagrees. What's important is how you come through those disagreements, and what you learn from them.

everytime I come to this forum, I can't help but laugh at all the negative things people are going through, somebody cheating, lying, divorce, etc....thanks for sharing

My DH and I have an amazing relationship. He's truly my best friend, and the one person in the world that I can be 100% myself around, quirks and all, and vice versa. We laugh together constantly, and call each other off and on throughout the day because we have to share a funny story, or just want to say hi - we just genuinely enjoy each other. He takes care of me, and shows concern for me in a way that no other man ever has. After the nightmare relationship I ended right before I met him, it was a revelation to discover that there truly are good, decent men left in this world.

I am sooo happy!

--of course, good days and bad days. But the bad days (like last night) are fights over koolaid.

We met in college. I was a sophmore and he was a senior. 4 years later we are still happy.

I originally met my SO in high school. He transferred to my school, but we never really talked to one another until I (1997). We kept running in to one another. In the spring of 2006 we became friends, talking on the phone, emailing. Really very innocent. We started dating the fall of that year.

He really is my best friend and is one of the sweetest men I have ever known (my grandfathers are THE sweetest men I've known and my friends are married to great guys as well.) I think that what makes our relationship work is that we are genuinely friends and care about how the other person feels. Sometimes when we're just lying down talking or being silly, I feel like our relationship has the innocence that little kids have when their best friend is of the opposite sex.

I best sum up our relationship as real. It isn't a fairy tale (though we haven't really had any major issues or disagreements), nor would I want it to be. I want our relationship to be realistic and long lasting. He says that he wants to love in prose not poetry because poetry is flowery and short lived (and some other things he's said that I'm not remembering right now. :look:)

Oh, and I also think he's great because after almost two years, he still always opens my car door for me! :yep:

I am in a joyful, toe-curling, deep-belly laugh giddy, fabulously intense relationship. DH and I have been married for 16 years and have 2 girls ages 11 and 10.

We knew each other casually for a year before anything happened between us. I had a serious BF all throguh college that was off and on because we seemed to fight all the time. Still, everyone thought I'd marry the college guy. Well we had one last breakup and I knew I was done. No one else believed me (not even my ex-dude), but I knew that I'd had enough.

After the final breakup, a mutual friend talked to me about going out with future DH. I knew that he was a nice guy, but I wasn't at a place where being in a relationship was a priority. She was very persistent so she invited the two of us to her house for dinner. Determined to show that I was not serious or interested at all, I showed up with no makeup and dressed very casually. We ended up having a good time and exchanged phone numbers. That led to us talking on the phone ever night for hours and spending all our weekends together.

We dated for about 4 weeks and then he went home for Christmas. Evidently he talked to his family about me the whole time, because at one point his sister that raised him said "Boy, you must be in love with this girl!!"

He came back from his trip home and we went to NYE service together. There was a really bad blizzard/ice storm and he drove like an hour or 2 to pick me up because he didn't want me out driving in that bad weather. When the clock struck 12, he leaned over and said "Next New Year's Eve, you're going to be my wife." I was stunned but in a good way becasue I was really feeling him. It felt right and I was so happy :)

We got married 6 months later and I love him much more today than I did when we married years ago. My heart still races when he gives me "the look." We have the ease and familiarity of being a long-standing couple and still have the heat and the passion as well.

Last edited:
What a lovely thread! Poetist, your story made my eyes wet, and all of you ladies are very blessed. It's quite uplifting to know that at least some of our sisters are in great, loving relationships!

More stories please...

this has been so great to read! I hope that i'll be able to make an entry in this thread sometime in the near future :-)

Whenever he told me he would do something - he did. I never had to wait on phone calls or wonder if I should make backup plans just in case he faked or “something came up.” He always wanted tobe around me as much as I wanted to be around him. I realized that contrary to other relationships, I had no reason to call my friends on some "do you think he likes me?" Or "OK, so he said XYZ to me, what do you think that means?" Me and my friends were BIG on analyzing and deciphering the "codes" of guys we dated. With my DH, there was no need for it. There was no mysterious code. Whatever he said was CLEAR. Whatever he promised was DONE. Whatever he felt, he EXPRESSED. Period!!!! He NEVER tried to front with me. Even early on, he would say things or refer to me in ways that made me say "dang, he's hella bold. He's wide open and he DOES NOT care." I LOVED and continue to love that about him. While some “men” would call it simpin, I call it confidence.

MAN!!
Love it :grin::yep:

Last edited:
He came back from his trip home and we went to NYE service together. There was a really bad blizzard/ice storm and he drove like an hour or 2 to pick me up because he didn't want me out driving in that bad weather. When the clock struck 12, he leaned over and said "Next New Year's Eve, you're going to be my wife." I was stunned but in a good way becasue I was really feeling him. It felt right and I was so happy :)

:love: Adoreable :yep:

I agree...thanks for this topic. I've got a serious keeper. I love him so much and he's so much of what little girls (and big girls *naughty*) dream about. When you meet a soul mate, there's nothing like it. There's nothing like a gentle, kindhearted, manly man who WANTS to be there for you and take care of you, who listens to you and cares about what you have to say, who shelters you from harm and strokes your ego like no other.

I would say, I'm one of the most fortunate women alive to have met a man who possesses most of what I want in a man.

I am in a joyful, toe-curling, deep-belly laugh giddy, fabulously intense relationship. DH and I have been married for 16 years and have 2 girls ages 11 and 10.

We knew each other casually for a year before anything happened between us. I had a serious BF all throguh college that was off and on because we seemed to fight all the time. Still, everyone thought I'd marry the college guy. Well we had one last breakup and I knew I was done. No one else believed me (not even my ex-dude), but I knew that I'd had enough.

After the final breakup, a mutual friend talked to me about going out with future DH. I knew that he was a nice guy, but I wasn't at a place where being in a relationship was a priority. She was very persistent so she invited the two of us to her house for dinner. Determined to show that I was not serious or interested at all, I showed up with no makeup and dressed very casually. We ended up having a good time and exchanged phone numbers. That led to us talking on the phone ever night for hours and spending all our weekends together.

We dated for about 4 weeks and then he went home for Christmas. Evidently he talked to his family about me the whole time, because at one point his sister that raised him said "Boy, you must be in love with this girl!!"

awwwww @ your entire post

DH proposed to me on New Years in Times Square...in the FREEZING COLD. Even though I was being a ***** for the previous 4 hours when the novelty of sharing New years in NY wore off and the cold and sore feet kicked in. AND, I wasn't cute at all. hair undone tucked under a skull cap with a scarf covering 1/2 my face, chap stick, probably eye boogies and big mittens on. LOL

Last edited:
Thanks ladies for sharing. Logically I KNOW there are good men left, but sometimes it is still hard to believe.

Please keep the stories coming.:goodpost:

This is a great topic OP. You are right. There is so much negativity on here when it comes to relationships and that can leave alot of women jaded. So here’s my story.

I've been married for a little over a year to the most wonderful man ever. We met and got engaged about 4 months after meeting and married 9 :blush: I NEVER expected our courtship to be so quick, but prior to him I had been in another relationship that was cool. The guy was great, smart, attentive, but I just didnt feel the passion that I would want to feel with someone I would share my life with. He would do anything for me, but I just wasnt madly in love. :ohwell: I chose to end the relationship and started praying about things in my life. I was kind of lonely at the time and thought that maybe I should get back with my ex. Afterall, it wasnt like we ended things on a bad note. I started thinking that maybe I was stupid for letting go of a really good man for no good reason. I mean, even my overly protective father thought I was making a mistake. Long story short, I prayed and God told me that I needed to let the relationship go and spend time with Him (God.) He also told me that I would meet someone before the end of the year (this was probably May 2006) and that the person would be my husband. :huh:
OK, to make things clear, I had never had a previous experience with God talking to me, so what He was revealing to me and the fact that I was conscious of the fact that God was talking to me was crazy. I am usually a person who takes years to go from one serious relationship to another.

Anyhow, just as promised, I met my DH a few months later in October of 2006. When we had our first convo, it was really natural like we’d known each other for years. He was so sweet and REALLY attentive and bold (just how I like em). Anyhow, about 3 weeks after meeting him, he invited me and my family to spend Thanksgiving with his family (they do it ridiculously big on Thanksgiving). I knew at that time that he was really serious about me, because men dont just bring any chick and their clan around his entire family. I met EVERYONE and we had a blast.

One thing I remember while we were dating was that he called me at about 6am. It was dark and raining. He lived an hour away from me and he told me to come to the door. I was suprised bc it was mad early, he had to be at work at 8am, and he had never just popped up at my house. To make matters worse, I had stank nasty MTG and a baggy on my head and looked a hot mess. So I tried to get myself together and went to the door. I looked around and saw no one, but on my doorstep were 1 dozen roses and a card. :rosebud:This man had gotten up at 4:30am, got dressed for work, drove to the grocery store to get flowers, then made an hour drive to my house, delivered them by 6 and was off to drive back in the same direction as his house to make it to work in rush hour traffic by 8am. I was beyond sprung, and apparently so was he...lol.:love:

He was actually the first to bring up marriage and I think we both just felt comfortable because we knew exactly what we wanted. From seeing him around his family, I knew that I had to have him. He adores his mom and sister and his nieces and nephews love him. He's an all around family man and he loves Jesus, which was/is important to me.

Now that we are married, it's still the same. Of course we have our disagreements at time, but my husband is soooo patient with me. I will push a negro’s buttons, esp now that I'm pregnant, but he has never responded in anger. He just prays when I'm acting up or plays madden. He works so hard and really sacrifices to make me happy. He always gives me massages and rubs my feet when I come home and makes me little spa baths with our foot spa thingy. I do my wifely duties, but I’m 7 months pregnant and tired. So he will make dinner, wash dishes, and do laundry (wash, dry, fold, AND put them away) if I don’t :laundry: To make me happy, he’ll sit through episodes of Bridezilla or the Hills :look:with me and in return I try not to log onto LHCF when Im supposed to be watching ESPN or the Colbert Report with him. He loves hanging out with my mom and dad and makes frequent requests to go to their house. Even though I think it has alot to do with their flat screen and the fact that they are always watching ESPN and my mom, dad, and DH get into long convo's over ANY sport, I love that he loves my family.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop there. I have been in baaaaaaaaaad relationships before and can relate to the drama that's posted here. But those experiences made me appreciate my husband so much more. The guy that I dated before my DH was also a really good guy, he just want the one for me. But, I feel bad for those who truly believe that there are no good men left. Sure, it's not easy to find them, just as it's not easy to find good women, but we're out there and so are the men.

I love this whole post :yep:

Alot of this sounds like me and my SO in the beginning stages of you and your DH. He's everything I ever hoped for, and I've had some bad ones too. My ex DH and I just weren't meant to be, and I'm fine with that. My current SO gives me everything I need and could ever ask for!!

I am truly the happiest I've ever been in my life...married my soul mate, life partner, best friend (all of em') on May 25. We met online and have been inseparable since our first in-person meeting. I've grown so much since I met him and I know he's the one for me because everyday I am continuing to become a better person. He is generous, loving, understanding, PATIENT....just amazing. Hmph - yall got me in here at work ready to tear about thinking about how lucky I KNOW I am.

But - I had to get through some real ignant ones before I found him.

I know the feeling honey!! :wallbash:

btw, you look beautiful!!!

Back