are the men in d.c. really THAT bad?

@ThatJerseyGirl

Where's the Hampton area?

@BeautifulFlower - It's in Virginia in the Virginia Beach area at the Hampton Coliseum. It's not a long drive at all. Get on 95, get off at the exit that says Richmond 295. Get on 295 and take the exit for Virginia Beach (64) and ride that straight. The directions should be on the link posted below. It's fun. If you decide to go, I would take that Friday off and leave early in the morning like 5am so you can get there and get situated, because if you don't, the traffic to get there will be off the chain since Rt. 64 is only two lanes.

It's very nice and when I mean men everywhere, chile.....and imma keep it clean, but men all ova da dayum place. We have fun every year that I go. So much to do, so many shows, people cooking out, parties outside of parties. You can meet so many people. You just have to get out there and do it. Getcha drink on, smoke on, whateva. Men from all ova will be there.

We usually do not leave until Monday morning to avoid the Sunday I95 traffic, because that alone is a NIGHTMARE.

http://www.hamptonjazzfestival.com/

yup, i will be there. i already got my licka stash lined up, henny, jack d, ciroc, everything chile so we can have a good time. it's whateva when i get there lololololol.....got my outfits, da whole nine cuz it's gonna be HOT down there.... a bunch of us go all the time, so it's going to be LIVE. Have fun while you are there!!!

@BeautifulFlower - It's in Virginia in the Virginia Beach area at the Hampton Coliseum. It's not a long drive at all. Get on 95, get off at the exit that says Richmond 295. Get on 295 and take the exit for Virginia Beach (64) and ride that straight. The directions should be on the link posted below. It's fun. If you decide to go, I would take that Friday off and leave early in the morning like 5am so you can get there and get situated, because if you don't, the traffic to get there will be off the chain since Rt. 64 is only two lanes.

It's very nice and when I mean men everywhere, chile.....and imma keep it clean, but men all ova da dayum place. We have fun every year that I go. So much to do, so many shows, people cooking out, parties outside of parties. You can meet so many people. You just have to get out there and do it. Getcha drink on, smoke on, whateva. Men from all ova will be there.

We usually do not leave until Monday morning to avoid the Sunday I95 traffic, because that alone is a NIGHTMARE.

http://www.hamptonjazzfestival.com/

Great advice I live in Central VA 64, can be a hot mess on a regular weekend in the summer. Saturday is sold out already, no KEM or Chrisette Michele for :nono: I started planning to late and time got from me.

Imani, Sade', Glib Gurl, lushcoils, Ltown, JusMarieJolie, Duchesse, Ivie184, natural one, Nefertiti0906, fadaka, kweenameena, Dymondz7, thaidreams, babyb900,mwedzi, EbonyEyes, FlyyBohemian, zora, scarcity21, chronicity, Ashlee5125 , candy1214, nene 1

I dont know how many of you are hanging tonight but I will be at the Red Door Spa. If you coming, let me know and ill PM u. We can set up to meet.

I had already made plans with another friend but i'm not sure if we're still going out. Can you pm me the info...i'm definitely going somewhere tonight!

^^^ I am just seeing this.. Why am I not receiving any mentions??

ETA: Oh I see you are sending them to natural one and not natural_one. Dang it..Next time I guess.

Have fun. I'm actually back in the area for the weekend (am away for 6 weeks or so teaching elsewhere) but am dead tired from the sun up to sun down conferencing. Hope you all have a good time!

Ladies I'm headed to Ozio's for a bday party. Have fun & be safe tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Had too much going on this evening still trying to get my stuff together up here/run errands. By the time I would've figured out where I was going, would've been way too late esp with it being my first time trying to go out in the city. :-( Oh well, will try to get out next time.

Glib Gurl Hope you have fun

Last edited:
So I went to the venue last night and all I can say is . . .

OH NO YOU ALL DID NOT! :lachen:

I thought this place was going to be

:club:

Instead, it was a beat up, attic of a warehouse! No drinks (not even water!), those cheap metal chairs you would sit on in the church basement. No A/C! I was surrounded by :hippie: :hippie2: :hippie3:

While it was mostly men it was either young, white college age kids or old "hep cats" (of all races) from back in the day.

Definitely not the place to land a man!

But, I love live jazz and the music was really good. So, it wasn't a total loss for me. But yeah, this is NOT the spot to go and try to find Mr. Right or even Mr. Right Now! LOL!

Thanks ladies....I'm still out of town but I hope you guys enjoyed whatever you did.

Glib Gurl Yikes...maybe we should keep it basic...Lima Lounge, Tuscana Lounge, Josephine's, The Park....all within walking distance of each other.

So I went to the venue last night and all I can say is . . .

OH NO YOU ALL DID NOT! :lachen:

I thought this place was going to be

:club:

Instead, it was a beat up, attic of a warehouse! No drinks (not even water!), those cheap metal chairs you would sit on in the church basement. No A/C! I was surrounded by :hippie: :hippie2: :hippie3:

While it was mostly men it was either young, white college age kids or old "hep cats" (of all races) from back in the day.

Definitely not the place to land a man!

But, I love live jazz and the music was really good. So, it wasn't a total loss for me. But yeah, this is NOT the spot to go and try to find Mr. Right or even Mr. Right Now! LOL!

:lachen::lachen: That's why you tube is your friend. I was contemplating going but after researching, I would have to be in a special kind of mood to hang there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9sbO_ROX3Q

Nice idea to get together though. I may catch y'all the next round.

^^^Lol!

I was thinking about going to Marvin or any other random spot in the city for dinner tonight, just sit at the bar. But ya'll got me wanting to just chill out with this Pride Wknd thing and just get out next week, lol. I might would get kinda discouraged my first time out in the city and all the men are gay!

I saw an event at Busboy And Poets this Thursday that looks like it might be nice, I am not working this Friday so I may check that out.

I've actually been to Marvin and Busboy's when I was up here visiting but it was like on a Wed night, so will get to see how they are on busier nights.

eta: I feel some kind of way about going out alone in a new city. I used to do it in Atl all the time, but oh well, guess I'll have to get over it.

When's the next meetup! I'm down for whatever and ready to explore DC! I went to this hookah place in Adams Morgan on Sat, don't know the name but it was nice. And Bens Next Door seemed to be on and jumping, but way too crowded (a lot of "how you doings" but I do understand it was pride week lol), but I'd be down for a happy hour or something.

Hmm, so I already had my outfit picked to go out this thurs and now the temperature up and drops! Ugh! lol I'm SO not used to it being this cool in the summer.

I'm not working this Friday so I was just going to venture into the city Thursday night. I like spoken word so was going to go this event at busboy and poets. The artist bio for that nights act looks promising.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using SGH-T839

Back