April 2016: Hits & Misses

Hit;
TGIN Honey Mask. My hair wasn't overly soft being that I kept the conditioner in for a good 5 hours but it detangled very well and felt well conditioned. Also barely made a dent in threat after 2 uses.

Gold Conditioning Cap. I may condition with that more often.

APB Hair Lotion. Soft hair as usual.

Tailored Beauty Grow Thick Oil as a sealer.

Overall, my hair feels good.

HITS
Curls passion fruit control paste- Where have you been all my life! I am done and will never buy any other edge control in my life, EVER!

Shea Moisture raw shea butter conditioner as a leave in-I guess the saying "Never say Never" really does apply to me lately. I was sure that my hair completed hated Shea Moisture products until I came across the High-Po line and now this conditioner.

Hit;
TGIN Honey Mask. My hair wasn't overly soft being that I kept the conditioner in for a good 5 hours but it detangled very well and felt well conditioned. Also barely made a dent in threat after 2 uses. Overall, my hair feels good.
@Saludable84
Nice Review. Thanks. :sneakyhug:

I've purchased this, but haven't tried it yet. This Mask and the Green Tea Leave-In gets the 'best' reviews from this line.

Uhm aveyou got back to me. They sent me a prepaid label and said they would send me another product upon receipt of the one I received, or they would give me a refund when they received my returned product...I'm not really satisfied with that response.

@toaster
Lemme start my saying....Lawd 'dem curls in that Avi:love:.....:love3:

Okay. *cough*:laugh: I'm extremely disappointed with this response.

I had a situation where I didn't receive an item and I called (or emailed) and they sent it right out.

So, I assumed they were on top of their CS. But this answer is totally unacceptable.

Did you send them pics? Not that it matters. But I agree. I would not have been pleased with that answer at all.

Thank you @IDareT'sHair ! Those curls are to tempt you into roller setting. :badgirl:

And yes I sent them the pictures. They "assured" me that the product didn't leave their facility in that state. And I know USPS can mess a package up, but it arrived in an aveyou padded envelope and there was no damage to the envelope.

I need to respond to their email today and let them know I'm not happy with their response. I'm not returning the product and waiting another week.

@toaster
I don't blame you for this.:angry2:

I would ask to speak to some one higher up the food chain too.

Gurhlllll.......them Curls.:drunk:

Here is what I sent to aveyou. The product itself seems to be okay so I'm going to use it up and if I choose to repurchase, it will be directly from Entwine.

"I find this response unacceptable. I received an unharmed and in tact aveyou padded envelope with the product in shreds. There were no label pieces or anything else in the envelope so it most certainly left your warehouse in the condition in which it was received.

I will not be sending the product back as I don't want to wait over a week to receive a refund or up to two weeks to receive another product.

I have posted about this incident (including pictures and your response to my complaint) on a popular internet hair forum and will no longer be shopping on your website.

Please forward this message to a manager so that your customer service tactics can be reviewed."

Here is what I sent to aveyou. The product itself seems to be okay so I'm going to use it up and if I choose to repurchase, it will be directly from Entwine.

"I find this response unacceptable. I received an unharmed and in tact aveyou padded envelope with the product in shreds. There were no label pieces or anything else in the envelope so it most certainly left your warehouse in the condition in which it was received.

I will not be sending the product back as I don't want to wait over a week to receive a refund or up to two weeks to receive another product.

I have posted about this incident (including pictures and your response to my complaint) on a popular internet hair forum and will no longer be shopping on your website.

Please forward this message to a manager so that your customer service tactics can be reviewed."

I had a bad customer service experience with Ave you and haven't shopped there in over a year and will NEVAH, I mean NEVAH send any of my coins their way. They still have $48 dollars of my money, sent a package to the wrong address and refused to give me a refund. Told me to file a claim with USPS. Horrible customer service that tagged me on for months.

@lulu97 You know I mostly use on the ground and salon products for my hair, but I remember really enjoying this Entwine product. A few years back when I was more into handmade hair things I used aveyou with no issues.

I don't think they would still be in business if they had horrible customer service. I'm sure we're in the minority, but I don't have time to deal with this.

I checked, and I can get Entwine products on Amazon. Amazon is quick to refund your money if you have an issue, so I'll go that rout from now on.

@lulu97 You know I mostly use on the ground and salon products for my hair, but I remember really enjoying this Entwine product. A few years back when I was more into handmade hair things I used aveyou with no issues.

I don't think they would still be in business if they had horrible customer service. I'm sure we're in the minority, but I don't have time to deal with this.

I checked, and I can get Entwine products on Amazon. Amazon is quick to refund your money if you have an issue, so I'll go that rout from now on.

Yeah horrible customer service for me. I should make sure I state that. The crazy thing was I chatted online with the same person, asked for a manager got the same person by phone which kickly started our conversation with "I told you...." Ummmm no ma'am. Never again.

@Saludable84
Nice Review. Thanks. :sneakyhug:

I've purchased this, but haven't tried it yet. This Mask and the Green Tea Leave-In gets the 'best' reviews from this line.

I really don't want to try the leave in. Don't want anything else :confused: I wouldn't mind but don't want to. Just because I don't need a lot considering I'm built like Cousin It, it makes me like it more. I've yet to have a conditioner last more than 3 uses. :cry3: I've met people who swear by the entire line, so I'm sure the products are worth every dime.

Hit/miss - Ion Keratin Mist

It's a hit because it doesn't make my hair incredibly hard and for a leave in that has that much protein in it that's kind of amazing. It's a miss though because I want a more detangling mist (it said it was supposed to detangle) so I'm going to stay with the Ion detangler I used before. If I ever went natural though I'd probably use both of them because I noticed my new growth seemed to be pretty smooth and nice feeling...

Hits: sleeking down my edges. I feel so much more polished and low key sexy with sleek moistutized looking edges. I can get them to lay pretty well with just gel and a scarf, but sometimes it looks a little dry so I like using edge control to give it a nice healthy sheen. Edge control doesn't last that long tho. Maybe they'll be great together

Defining my curls with a denman. Nice plump curls.

Using Wen as a leave in. It detangles really well. I like the cooling sensation on my scalp from essential oils. Do not see a point in using it to wash my hair. Also makes my scalp itch.

Henna. Plan to do a gloss or tea every two weeks in lieu of a protein treatment.

Misses:
Taking forever and a day to define my curls. Need to cut it down.

Wen as a cleanser.

Possibly anything with silicones. I like the way they coat my hair and make it easier to detangle, but I'm starting to think they don't provide a true softness.

Harsh cleansers. I'm going to use heavily diluted soap bars or just water.

Co-washing. I'm anal about losing my hair to cowashing, so I think I'll just switch over to water rinses in between washings. I have edens body and as I am to use up though. :/

Hits:

APB Bamboo & Algae conditioner
APB Ultra Conditioning Souffle conditioner
APB Blow Dry Cream

Amazing slip and softness with the deep conditioners and the scents I got (Jelly Donut and Sugar Cookie Crunch) are delish.

The Blow Dry Cream is actually awesome as a sealant for my ends. I use it every night now and my hair feels so good the next day.

Last edited:
@rileypak @curlyhersheygirl

NEW HIT:
Lawrence Ray Concepts Shake & Go!

Thank you @rileypak for your reviews. Thank you @curlyhersheygirl for the Co-Sign.

I will be picking up another bottle during the next Sale.:up:

:bighug:
So glad you like it! I know it was a risk given its price but it's so worth it.
Most of you ladies know I'm a product enthusiast but I haven't bothered finding another protein based detangler/leave in spray since it came into my hair's life.
Definitely another bae for sure :love2:

Back