April 2016: Hits & Misses

@JulietWhiskey

Gurl...You are working that HV!:giggle:

Gurl, I am working the hayle out some HV cuz what's not to love? The price point is great, the shipping is great, the delivery is fast and most importantly, the stuff WORKS.

As a PJ, I do not make the following statement lightly: this is the first line that I've used where I have no desire to try any other products from another hair care line.

MISS (and pretty disappointed about it, too!):
Bel Nouvo Coco Castor Pudding and Leave-in conditioner. These left my hair a puffy, hard, hot mess. What a serious let down. That leave in didn't do anything but make my hair wet.

HIT (and not surprised by that!):
The Pomade Shop's Lino Moist conditioning pomade putting much needed moisture and touchability back into my hair.

Hit: Blended Cutie Softest Curls
I really like this as a refresher cream on dry hair to maintain moisture and combat tangles. It seems super thick but easily absorbs into my hair.

Continued hits:
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Soultanicals Afrotastic DC
Annabelle's Cupuacu Hair Lotion
Annabelle's Leave-In Spray
Oyin Hair Dew

On the fence:
Shescentit Coco Cream Leave in-
I applied this last week to dry hair. At first my hair felt moisturized, but the next day my hair was sticky and hard. The scent isn't my favorite either and is a bit strong.

@IDareT'sHair i will definitely keep you updated! I was so mad when I opened my package because I was looking forward to having this back in my stash.

I'm glad the product seems fine so I can still use it tonight.

This is what I get for trying to save a few pennies on shipping since aveyou has the FIVE discount. Will likely order from Entwine directly next time.

Miss: Sexy Healthy Hair Soy Conditioner

It was ok but I was looking at the price of it and the fact that I would only buy it on sale and it ended up a miss. Regular drug store brands did about the same thing this one did.

HIT!
CJ Pattern Pusha and Knot Today! Wowowow-eeez! Beautiful definition, decreased drying time, no flaking, firm but soft. Only thing left now is to see if I can get 2nd day or more. I used Ellepixie's technique of putting the leave-in on in the shower and letting it marinate for about 15 minutes before applying the gel. You almost have to have a Phd in hairology to get this wash n' gos just right! lol

Hit: Blended Cutie Softest Curls
I really like this as a refresher cream on dry hair to maintain moisture and combat tangles. It seems super thick but easily absorbs into my hair.

Continued hits:
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Soultanicals Afrotastic DC
Annabelle's Cupuacu Hair Lotion
Annabelle's Leave-In Spray
Oyin Hair Dew

How does the APB cupuacu hair lotion compare to hair dew? Thanks!

Initial hits:

Shescentit pumpkin cowash. Not really a cowasher but I didn't want to shampoo wash again so soon. This stuff is utterly amazing. The slip, softness and moisture is crazy. I hate that it is seasonal.

Shea moisture sacha inchi oil mask. I HATE the smell. I can't place it but it is very 'earthy'. Not a fan at all BUT the performance is amazing. This leaves my hair so soft and manageable. The Superfruit mask is my HG DC but this tops it. Gonna use it a few more times but so far, I love it. SM has really come a long way with their DCs. Can't wait to try the High porosity mask.

French bouffant rollers. Worth the investment. Very effective at stretching my very coily hair. Like @lulu97 said, setting is easier and quicker with these. Glad that I got them. Also, I use regular roller clips and they work fine.

Initial hit that is now a 'meh'
The SM hair color. I love that it is gentle and leaves the hair soft after using it but the color fades really quickly. My demi permanent hair color lasted longer.

Initial hits:

Shescentit pumpkin cowash. Not really a cowasher but I didn't want to shampoo wash again so soon. This stuff is utterly amazing. The slip, softness and moisture is crazy. I hate that it is seasonal.

Shea moisture sacha inchi oil mask. I HATE the smell. I can't place it but it is very 'earthy'. Not a fan at all BUT the performance is amazing. This leaves my hair so soft and manageable. The Superfruit mask is my HG DC but this tops it. Gonna use it a few more times but so far, I love it. SM has really come a long way with their DCs. Can't wait to try the High porosity mask.

French bouffant rollers. Worth the investment. Very effective at stretching my very coily hair. Like @lulu97 said, setting is easier and quicker with these. Glad that I got them. Also, I use regular roller clips and they work fine.

Initial hit that is now a 'meh'
The SM hair color. I love that it is gentle and leaves the hair soft after using it but the color fades really quickly. My demi permanent hair color lasted longer.

Those french rollers are bae! Which brand color are you using currently? I love the Shea Moisture Jet black and don't mind the soft black that it fades to...I don't have gray that I'm trying to color though... (thank God) just my natural dusty looking brown color :lachen:

Those french rollers are bae! Which brand color are you using currently? I love the Shea Moisture Jet black and don't mind the soft black that it fades to...I don't have gray that I'm trying to color though... (thank God) just my natural dusty looking brown color :lachen:

I use Clarol Natural Instincts. Been using it for years and love it. I just though a permanent would last longer so I strayed. It is a demi permanent and lasts about 4 months. Girl, I have greys and a dusty brown color to cover!

I use Clarol Natural Instincts. Been using it for years and love it. I just though a permanent would last longer so I strayed. It is a demi permanent and lasts about 4 months. Girl, I have greys and a dusty brown color to cover!

Ok I'mma have to look into that one once the greys start popping up...hopefully that won't be for a long time though :nervous2:The women on both my mom's and dad's side didn't start getting grey hair until their late 50's early 60's so we gone pray that it passed on to me :pray:

Miss
Sheamoisture High Porosity Gel for a Washngo

This gel feels super slippery going on but as I was applying to my whole head, my fingers started pruning up. After I left one section and went to another.. the previous section felt dry. If I wasnt so busy this weekend, I would have re-washed my hair.

Sort of a hit and a miss

APB Bamboo and Algae Strengthening Mask

It didnt full absorb into my hair. I had to rinse several times to get it out. If I had of used heat it probably would have disappeared into my hair. My hair felt really soft and supple after using which I loved. I just had to keep rinsing to get it out.

Back