April 2016: Hits & Misses

@Saludable84

I really like APB's conditioning souffle as well. I have no idea why I haven't reuped since I used up my last jar.

I'm just too lazy to order. I may take advantage of the Mother's Day sale. It's a really good conditioner and I'm learning to make stuff last longer as my hair gets longer so I may get it. I'm really trying to stick with staples but the problem with APB is that she is a staple. If I wasn't married I would seriously go find her and make her mine. Beautiful hair and products that WORK are worth it.

HIT
Naturellegrow Scalp Scrub (Lemon and Rosemary)---- This felt so good on my scalp. I targeted the alopecia/scalp inflammation areas of my head and went to town massaging it in. What I especially loved was how soft it left my hair feeling (the hair closest to my scalp) The downside is that it is messy to apply but that is not a deal breaker for me.
12729613_1004301936282050_2072895013_n.jpg

MISS
Naturelle Grow Cleansing Conditoner- Unfortunately, this product did not work for me. It just sat on my hair and did absolutely nothing to cleanse or moisturize. Perhaps I had a wrong expectation, I expected at least a little lather. I will pass on reordering this product.

Overall, I cannot wait to try more form this company. I am very pleased with their quality and customer service.

HIT: Shea Moisture Superfruit Smoothie and Leave In. Couldn't resist buying it since I love the shampoo, rinse out condish and mask from the same line. I used this to style after using the shampoo and mask to match. Pleasantly surprised since I usually can't layer SM products. Soft nicely defined coils. Results of the smoothie is just like the other smoothie. The leave in is on the light weight side but did a good job detangling. The smell is just like the rest on the 10 n 1 line. Next time I will try the superfruit leave in with the superfruit gel.

MISS: Cutting my hair to get rid of the dead ends from the blonde permanent hair color and not getting all of the color AND missing my hair.

I'm just too lazy to order. I may take advantage of the Mother's Day sale. It's a really good conditioner and I'm learning to make stuff last longer as my hair gets longer so I may get it. I'm really trying to stick with staples but the problem with APB is that she is a staple. If I wasn't married I would seriously go find her and make her mine. Beautiful hair and products that WORK are worth it.

Bwhahahahahaha! Girl, I literally laughed out loud.

Hit:
Camille Rose Jai Almond Butter. So far I like it. I think where I messed up was not using a leave-in with it so I will remember for next time, but I do have soft hair

#bae. I bought another jar during the hair show. I don't know why I ever strayed but I love it. It is also awesome to moisturize your straight transitioning/natural hair without reversion.

HIT
Naturellegrow Scalp Scrub (Lemon and Rosemary)---- This felt so good on my scalp. I targeted the alopecia/scalp inflammation areas of my head and went to town massaging it in. What I especially loved was how soft it left my hair feeling (the hair closest to my scalp) The downside is that it is messy to apply but that is not a deal breaker for me.
12729613_1004301936282050_2072895013_n.jpg

@Smiley79
Thanks for the review. I have the Espresso one. Now I can't wait to try it.

HIT:

Kerastase Therapiste Soin Premier (prepoo) is awesome. I really love that stuff. It made my hair nice and soft just before shampooing.

Kerastase Therapiste Shampoo truly is the bomb.com. I have found my holy grail shampoo and conditioning treatment in the Kerastase Therapiste line.

On The Fence:

I may need to use it again later but the kerastase Therapiste Serum did not deliver as I had hoped. I was expecting a high shine and amazing thermal protection effect during my blow dry and flat ironing session today. I wasn't totally wowed but I will give it another shot before I give up on it. I may need to invest in the Elixir Ultime Serum or the Ciment Thermique instead. I'll try not to get too hasty though.

I was trying out edge products
Hit: silk elements edge control
Hit: Lotta body curl milk then put lotta body edge control
Both of these stop me from caving into a relaxer because my edges have not been behaving and I wanted to wear a ponytail!

Surprising hit: Pure & Natural Conditioner

I put it on in the shower and, even though I wanted to try it, was prepared for my hair to harden/dred/fall out/break or whatever it is that most $1 hair products do to ones hair. This one is actually... well, quite good. My hair softened and detangled a few seconds after I put it in and when I rinsed it out after showering it felt a bit slippy, right down to my new growth. I'm still touching my hair because I thought that VO5 is the only conditioner that did that for me but I like this one just as much if not more than Vo5. The only con is that my hair isn't as shiny as I want it but I had very few hairs in my hair catcher and after drying my hair feels pretty nice. Thumbs up. Here's what it looks like:

conditioner.png

Back