April 2016: Hits & Misses

Hit: every Honey's Handmade product I've tried has been amazing which is hurts my soul cuz...

Miss: Honey's Handmade customer service. The worst service ever. I should not still be trying to get s replacement for something y'all messed 10 flipping days later. Guess I gotta blast y'all on IG to get a resolution. The order I placed the other day will be my last unless I get a damn good resolution.

Since this company launched I've been sitting on the sidelines watching the responses to customer service surrounding product issues/replacements. I refuse to step foot into the ring right now. I'll give it another year and see how it goes. Lots of products, great ideas, bad formulations and customer service. I cant. smh

@mzteaze
Most Citrus (Lemon, Orange, Grapefruit) tears up my Scalp. So, I usually shy away from most.

However, there are 'some' brands/lines however, that I am absolutely fine with. Unfortunately, this wasn't one of them.

This was one that I had real problems with. I couldn't use it. Period. :pyro:

Since this company launched I've been sitting on the sidelines watching the responses to customer service surrounding product issues/replacements. I refuse to step foot into the ring right now. I'll give it another year and see how it goes.

@shawnyblazes
I'm slowly entering back into the ring with this one. :boxing:

After a Paypal Dispute (when she first launched under Happy Nappy Honey) or whatever the name was, for two orders I never received.:look:

So far so good. No problems.

The line is just kinda 'middle of the road for me'. :yawn:

Do they work: Yes. Is it something I immediately reup on after I finish it: No

The B1 G1 Free is what pulls me in.:busted:

@mzteaze
Most Citrus (Lemon, Orange, Grapefruit) tears up my Scalp. So, I usually shy away from most.

However, there are 'some' brands/lines however, that I am absolutely fine with. Unfortunately, this wasn't one of them.

This was one that I had real problems with. I couldn't use it. Period. :pyro:

Hydratherma uses actual orange oil and probably in higher quantities than other brands. But sorry it messes with your scalp.

What did you do with the rest of the product?

Hydratherma uses actual orange oil and probably in higher quantities than other brands. What did you do with the rest of the product?

@mzteaze
That's probably exactly what it was. A Higher Concentration of Orange Oil.

I can use HV's Sitrinillah, Oyin's Honey Hemp w/o incident (and others).

I recently used Brown Butter Beauty's Babbasu Dc'er and had the same reaction.

With HTN, this was years ago. I shoved it to the back of the line and when I came upon it again, it didn't look right, so I tossed it.

Normally, I would have swapped it with someone in U1B1.

Since this company launched I've been sitting on the sidelines watching the responses to customer service surrounding product issues/replacements. I refuse to step foot into the ring right now. I'll give it another year and see how it goes. Lots of products, great ideas, bad formulations and customer service. I cant. smh
It's actually very sad because my hair loves her stuff. I'm done after this until she gets her act together.

@KinksAndInk
I still cannot beweave she is still having CS issues.:nono:

I hope I don't have any problems.:nono2: (Again)

I wanted to go back in and get some: Knot in My Fro Joe, but maybe I better not.:perplexed:
Yeah I'ma need some of these vendors with poor cs skills to start meeting me at their closest airport. I don't have to pay for plane tickets so I'd be more than happy to get on a flight and meet them there with my shipping fee in hand so they can cover their gas costs. This is why I prefer my otg products. I don't have time for the bull. If she doesn't answer tomorrow, I'm filing a dispute. Kinda happy my paypal account was acting up that day and I used my bank card because they refund the full amount as soon as you dispute. Now let's see how she likes losing the whole $30 instead of just shipping me out 1 flipping $8 product.

I've decided to leave Honey's Handmade alone forever. The products are never effective because they aren't putting any conditioning agents in them (e.g., BTMS, fatty alcohols); all they contain are butters and oils. After the fiasco I experienced with that Pink Sugar DC and her customer service a few years ago, I decided to give it another shot during a recent BOGO sale by purchasing the 007 DC.:ohwell: That stuff is gross. It was full of un-emulsified lumps and it did absolutely nothing for my hair. I looked closely at the ingredients and discovered that no conditioning agents were there! A conditioner without any conditioning agents? I threw both the remainder and the unopened jar in the trash. I had the same issue with J. Monique - the products are full of additives, but no conditioning agents.

@PJaye
All of the products I've purchased from her recently have all been used as a Pre-Rx on dry hair:

Tomato & Honey
Knot Going Bananas
Pink Hibiscus

They have all been working great for me this way as a Pre-Wash (Oil/Butter).:up:

Did not care for the Cowash at all. Would never repurchase.:ohwell:

When she 1st Launched, I had some unemulsified lumps in one of the products, I think the Caramel Brule or something like that? I think it might now be discontinued.

@PJaye
All of the products I've purchased from her recently have all been used as a Pre-Rx on dry hair:

Tomato & Honey
Knot Going Bananas
Pink Hibiscus

They have all been working great for me this way as a Pre-Wash (Oil/Butter).:up:

Did not care for the Cowash at all. Would never repurchase.:ohwell:

When she 1st Launched, I had some unemulsified lumps in one of the products, I think the Caramel Brule or something like that? I think it might now be discontinued.

I can't be bothered with this line any more. In order to get the Pink DC to work, I had to mix a tbsp with a gaggle of HV Sitrinillah and use it only as a pre-poo; otherwise, it was just a greasy mess. Products that don't have an ample amount of conditioning agents don't work for me.

I can't be bothered with this line any more. In order to get the Pink DC to work, I had to mix a tbsp with a gaggle of HV Sitrinillah and use it only as a pre-poo; otherwise, it was just a greasy mess. Products that don't have an ample amount of conditioning agents don't work for me.

@PJaye
I hear Ya.:yep:
I decided at the on-set to only use these as a Pre-Rx and nothing else.

Hit that might become a Miss:
Camille Rose Cleansing Rinse. I really like it, but I noticed last week my hair was really frizzy. I used my PM Shampoo One this past wash day and the frizz is extremely minimal. DS hair be popping with that stuff and it is supposed to help your hair over time, but I cannot stand frizz. I will try it with a twist out and see if there is a difference. In the poo's defense, it was rainy last week, but I still dont like frizz. We will see. If anything, I will use it on DS hair because it makes his corkscrews look nice.

Hit: NurCreations Organic Matcha Green Tea Avocado mask :drool:

Ok...this conditioner is the most amazing deep conditioner to ever touch my strands. I applied it to freshly washed hair, heated for one half of my head and I immediately noticed how slippy it is. I was able to thoroughly detangle that half. I applied it cold, straight from the fridge to the other half and it was still just as slippy and easy to detangle with. It melted easily into my hair and I didn't need to drown my head with it. My hair absorbed the conditioner as I detangler but it didn't completely disappear if that makes sense. I left it on for about 20mins then as I rinsed I only had to detangle my stubborn crown a little bit. I didn't even have to use my shower comb. I always use the comb. My hair was left soft and moisturized and feeling strong but not hard. I also had very little shedding. I just need her to look into flat rate shipping because her shipping prices are insane once you go over 2 products. But even still, this is a keeper.

Last edited:
HIT: Alternating Co-washing with Hairveda's Acai Berry and Red Tea Conditioners
I can't tolerate the smell of the Red Tea Conditioner as a leave in and I didn't like how the Acai Berry Conditioner made my hair feel as a leave in so I decided to regulate both of them to co-washes and I'm so glad I did! The Red Tea leaves my hair feeling lush and the Acai Berry wonderfully detangles it and leaves it strong. I decided these are the only condishes I'll use for co-washing.

HIT: Using Hairveda's Moist24/7 and MoistPRO Conditioners as Leave Ins
I love the smell and performance of both of these conditioners so I decided to use them as leave-ins only.

HIT: Tweaking my regimen to perfection!
I feel like consistently doing weekly protein/DC treatments, rinsing with Aloe Vera Juice and using Hairveda's products are going to help me reach my hair goals in no time!

Last edited:
Hits: APB Cupuacu Hair Lotion
Has my hair feeling like :bdance:. Definitely glad I ordered two bottles during her last sale.

Garnier Fructis Grow Strong Condish, great cowash and I noticed less breakage as I was styling my hair

I agree @NaturallyATLPCH I love APB's Cupuacu lotion!! I have used it to twist and it keeps my hair super soft. Have you tried layering it over a bit of the leavein?
This combo: a couple sprays of APB leave in+APB cupuacu+APB ayurvedic oil has my hair happy!

Meh/possible Miss: Palmer's Coconut Protein Treatment

Didn't make my hair as hard as I thought it was going to but I did lose about as much hair as I normally do during a wash... which is not what the goal was :lol: Maybe I just didn't need a protein treatment. I wanted to try it out dangit!

Meh: Clear Ultra Nourishing Conditioner

I used this a while back and remembered it worked ok for me and I didn't bother repurchasing. I used it to counter the Coconut Protein Treatment and put some moisture back in my hair but overall my hair doesn't have as much body and I don't think it conditioned well. Oh well. At least it was only a 0.25 sample.

I agree @NaturallyATLPCH I love APB's Cupuacu lotion!! I have used it to twist and it keeps my hair super soft. Have you tried layering it over a bit of the leavein?
This combo: a couple sprays of APB leave in+APB cupuacu+APB ayurvedic oil has my hair happy!
Yes I have! In fact, I used them in conjunction with one another, her leave ins are HG for me. Super soft happy hair!

Possible Miss
LottaBody Custard. It became flaky by mid week. Maybe it didn't work well with other product I had in my hair. I'll try it once more before tossing it.

Continued Hit
Bel Nouvo Deep Quench. Very moisturizing.

New Nit
MHC Type 4 Creme. Moisturizing and tames frizz.

Hit: NurCreations Organic Matcha Green Tea Avocado mask :drool:

Ok...this conditioner is the most amazing deep conditioner to ever touch my strands. I applied it to freshly washed hair, heated for one half of my head and I immediately noticed how slippy it is. I was able to thoroughly detangle that half. I applied it cold, straight from the fridge to the other half and it was still just as slippy and easy to detangle with. It melted easily into my hair and I didn't need to drown my head with it. My hair absorbed the conditioner as I detangler but it didn't completely disappear if that makes sense. I left it on for about 20mins then as I rinsed I only had to detangle my stubborn crown a little bit. I didn't even have to use my shower comb. I always use the comb. My hair was left soft and moisturized and feeling strong but not hard. I also had very little shedding. I just need her to look into flat rate shipping because her shipping prices are insane once you go over 2 products. But even still, this is a keeper.
WHy would you post this???/ Off to wrangle over some shippng prices

Back